The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 228 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

not really getting the boot but controlling the length and size of vehicle. a 30" trailer plus truck is still a terrible thing to meet crossing a yellow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh no doubt and I haven't been there yet but friends photos I've seen have shown enough to know a 48 or 53 'trailer and rig shouldn't be allowed there.

The "Gravity Cavity" and "The Hump" have taken their fair shair of transport truck victims -- the Cavity is a sudden deep dip with a sharp right hand turn, the Hump follows immediately afterwards - it, as its' name implies, is a rise in road with a shallow drop off on the other side. It's a riot on a motorcycle, but heavily loaded transport trucks end up with the rear tires in the Cavity and the cab on the other side of the hump. Needless to say, they get stuck, as the bottom of the trailer gets stuck on the hump.

To be honest, 26' RV's with amateur (aka Joe Public) drivers have extreme difficulty on the Dragon - have seen several crossing lines etc first hand.

Looking for people to ride with when I'm in the KW area. I happen to be here for the next couple weeks between semesters. Where do people tend to meet up now? I ride an FZ-09.

Looking to do a ride tomorrow late afternoon.
Date: April 28th 2015

Time: meet at 6:30pm (Will leave no later than 6:40pm)
Meet Location: Timmie's (University Ave and Bridge St Waterloo)
Length of Ride: couple hours
Pace: Decent pace. Not into speeding tickets anymore. Had enough of those.

Gas up before you get there.

Last edited:
Want to nail down the time a little better?

Everyone show up with a full tank of gas too.

from Tuesday on you might get a better response, weather looks to be a lot nicer.

won't be there, just saying in general Tuesday on looks better. Can't get to that part of the city by 6:30 on a week night. You will likely see some coming up next weekend with the nicer weather. Not sure if you ride track or not, quite a few do on this thread, there is also a track day thread for the KW group.

anyone know if SR15 is still crap or if they've smartened up and paved it?

Looks like the weather for today's ride is questionable. Not very warm and good chance of rain.
Tomorrow appears to be much preferable with 16c high and sunshine...

Back
Top Bottom