The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 208 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I go to Indy ever January for work, there are some decent spots to have a drink but yes agree its pretty lame. Never been but just want to say I've been to a MotoGP event.

Pulled the trigger and called in a favour to head office. Seeing what she can round up. She replied asking "are you taking a customer" I replied "if it gets me in the paddocks hanging out with the riders all weekend then....yes!" LOL she probably saw right through that reply LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be awesome. LOL... Have you been before? I went once. It's pretty awesome to hear those bikes in person. Indy is a crap town though.

Depends on where and when you go.
Been down there for Gen-Con (giant geek nation gaming convention) and it's an absolute ton of fun. Felt relatively safe wandering around the downtown area later in the evening - not at all like other major US cities I have been to (Chicago, Baltimore etc.)

Group Ride
Saturday, July 5
Meet: Tim Horton's, Northfield and Weber, Waterloo
Time: 2 p.m.
Duration of Ride: Approx 2 hours
Route: Out by Conestoga Lake, return via Elora and Maryhill. Or maybe out to a road I've been told about near Wellesley, not sure as of yet.

Last edited:
Can't make this one, have a buddy's wedding tomorrow. Have fun and ride safe!

Group Ride
Saturday, July 5
Route: Out by Conestoga Lake, return via Elora and Maryhill. Or maybe out to a road I've been told about near Wellesley, not sure as of yet.

I'll probably make it; is that the same Tims as last time?

I'll probably make it; is that the same Tims as last time?

No. This one by Sobey's plaza on Weber/Northfield.
Just farther east on Northfield than the other one.

T.

planning for it, just need to do some concrete in the morning

Group Ride
Saturday, July 5

How many people usually come to these gathering and is the riding style relaxed? I ask because I started this season just two days ago so my skills are a little rusty.

Down
Group Ride
Saturday, July 5

Group Ride
Saturday, July 5

Potentially in.

it really depends, can be 3 ppl can be 15. Most of the time, 4-6. Riding style is whatever you make it, the quicker guys usually go up front, the slower guys in the back, with a sweeper. Some guys may go ahead, but we always wait for the group to catch up at the next turn/stop/end of the road.

At a minimum, you are expected to be able to do the speed limit, not target fixate on gravel (occasionally you find it on the back roads here), control your motorcycle and keep appropriate spacing. If your unfamiliar with group rides, signals/roads, etc. no problem, BigEvilDoer or myself can tell you what you need to know.

The golden rule is ride within your limit, always.

How many people usually come to these gathering and is the riding style relaxed? I ask because I started this season just two days ago so my skills are a little rusty.

Super ride today. Thanks to Tim for the awesome lead. Was great seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new. Hope to do it again soon.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom