The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 203 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Well, went out in traffic for the first time today (Thanks to Pan for joining me :))
I didn't die, so I guess that's nice :) Feels great, super nervous but (hopefully) that will go away with time.

I can relate to that feeling-u get used to it. I just rode on the hwy for the very first time-went to Tim's on Ottawa. I was nervous too!

Lets make it official:

Saturday, June 7
Meet: 1 pm. Kickstands up at 1:15 pm SHARP.
Location: Tim Horton's, Northfield and Davenport in Waterloo (by Conestoga Mall) - different location than normal, as the LPGA has their event at RIM Park this weekend and traffic in that area will be bonkers)
Duration of Ride: approx. 3 hours (Hockley Valley and beyond direction) with some breaks in-between (feel free to leave ride at any time, just let us know at a stop)
Pace: No highways over 80 km/h so M1 friendly.
Please have a full tank of gas and bathroom visits done before we start the ride. We will stop for gas once at around the middle of the ride.

Last edited:
I actually think I might have ducked out of some other stuff for Saturday so will be able to go. Can confirm tomorrow evening for sure.

Lets make it official:

Saturday, June 7
Location: Tim Horton's, Northfield and Davenport in Waterloo (by Conestoga Mall) - different location than normal, as the LPGA has their event at RIM Park this weekend and traffic in that area will be bonkers)
Duration of Ride: approx. 3 hours (Hockley Valley and beyond direction) with some breaks in-between (feel free to leave ride at any time, just let us know at a stop)
Please have a full tank of gas and bathroom visits done before we start the ride. We will stop for gas once at around the middle of the ride.

Lets make it official:

Saturday, June 7

Sorry for the "noob" question, but will the ride end in the same spot we started (Eg. a loop?) Or will it just "end" in hockley valley somewhere? Thanks!

Lets make it official:

Saturday, June 7

Damn-gonna miss this again. Doing the ride for dad in the morning.

Sorry for the "noob" question, but will the ride end in the same spot we started (Eg. a loop?) Or will it just "end" in hockley valley somewhere? Thanks!

Loop. But feel free to leave the ride at any time - just be sure to let somebody know beforehand so we don't go back and comb the bushes for somebody who decided to cut some grass (i.e. off road adventure).

Lets make it official:

Saturday, June 7
I've never been on this ride before. Is there lots of twisties?

Lets make it official:

Saturday, June 7

down

I've never been on this ride before. Is there lots of twisties?

About as many as are found in southern ontario...
More long left/right sweepers than tight stuff. One turns into the next.

Kind of tempted to join, but it's pretty far just to get to the starting point, and the route then goes further away from home. Hmm...

lol

How many twisties are we talking about? There's basically nothing near where I'm at, so if the riding is really good I could make the trip..

Probably the best roads within 100km of KW (don't know the roads west of London at all)
Again, more sweepers than tight twisties. It'll be a good fun ride. Hope you can make it.

Nothing too difficult I hope? I am still new to the sport. We doing anything for lunch?
Just a reminder.Ride at your own pace.If you fall behind,the others will always wait for you at the next turn.

Fancy fun ride today... started out our local back roads and ended up zipping up through Fergus and north east of Hockley Valley. Love the sweepers out that way.

Mike - Where'd you go? Thought you were with us after we left the gas station - saw you weren't with us and returned to the gas station. Waited 10 minutes and then zipped off back home. I'm guessing you missed the left turn immediately after the gas station. End up in Arthur?

I don't read this place often enough (truth). Anyways, I was about to join y'all in leaving the gas station, but had to double back for my glasses... sigh... I thought to myself: My instincts are good, and I'm only 1 minute behind. I can do this! ... but I didn't lol. It was fun seeing y'all and I'm a "probably" for saturday! In my usage "probably" really does mean probably. Cheers!

Anyways, I was about to join y'all in leaving the gas station, but had to double back for my glasses... (because I was distracted by amazing cantelopes in a pink shirt) sigh... I thought to myself: My instincts are good, and I'm only 1 minute behind. I can do this! ... but I didn't lol. It was fun seeing y'all and I'm a "probably" for saturday! In my usage "probably" really does mean probably. Cheers!

Fixed it for you. And still have no idea where you disappeared off to if you were only 1 minute behind.

Hope to see everyone out tomorrow.
Will have the rider's meeting around 1:10, just before kickstand up, just to make sure we all understand the rules of the road etc etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom