The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 194 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Does anyone have a rivet tool for a chain and knows how to install one?
I have never installed one myself but would love to learn how.
If so PM me and let me know a weekend your free and you could come to my place or I could come there with a case of beer and get my chain installed.

Would be in a week or two as I am just ordering it today.

Cheers,

Where: Tim Hortons on King st. E (beside the brick) http://goo.gl/maps/yyGmP
When: 6:30pm Friday August 9th
Route: 80km ~ 1.25 hrs
Pace: -Moderate, spirited in certain spots
- M1 friendly no Hwys

Route map available upon request

Last edited:
I'll be a maybe, don't wait up

I'm in, see you then

Hey everyone

I'm Dan. Long time reader of the forums, first time poster. I'd like to find ppl in the area to ride with. This is my 2nd year of riding, although I started racing and tracking this year.
I ride an 06 SV650s for now.

Ride to Burrito Boyz end of summer bash! TONIGHT!!

Where: Tim Hortons on the corner of Victoria Rd N and Woodlawn Rd E in GUELPH
When: TONIGHT! Tuesday Aug. 27. LEAVE 7:15 sharp.
Route: Straight to Burrito Boyz in Port Credit
Pace: Moderate, spirited in certain spots. Will be there past sunset and there will be a highway portion. Sorry, no M1's.

Your best bet is to post one up and see if anyone wants to go.

Just wanted to say Hello! from Kitchener, Canada.
A little bit about me...
I'm a 16 year old guy and have been obsessed with motorcycles since I was little. Originally, I was really set on getting the Ninja 300; but due to cost I ended up getting a 250.
I got my M1 and then did the MSF. I was one of the three in my class to finish with a perfect score :). I have never dropped a bike (knock on wood) and feel very comfortable on the 250.
The bike I bought is a 2010 Ninja 250R Special Edition with about 7000km's. It cost me $2700CAD. It's name is Saki ;)
Unfortunately, I will not be insuring it until the spring so until then I'm stuck riding on my street :(
I attached some pictures; I took the whole thing apart the day I bought it just for fun (broke a plastic rivet though :( )
I hope I'll find this forum useful and also provide other with info to benefit us all. :D

On the way home...
Sow4Hcp.jpg

At night in the garage
k64zPP8.jpg

Took it apart for fun the following morning :p
xO6RZrt.jpg

Bike in the afternoon :cool:
yLzuGdo.jpg

NO I am NOT a squid, my gear is in the garage; just wanted to get a pic :p
VTFL0q5.jpg

Driveway Warrior ;)
Tv0HCqp.jpg

Last edited:
I'll assume you've already priced out insurance and are just waiting until the spring? Insurance is typically pro-rated, with a higher cost in the riding months and a low cost in the winter. If you decide to start insurance in the spring (depending on who you are with), don't be surprised if you get an initial bill much higher than quoted (to pre-pay for the expensive months, so you don't cancel in sept and the insurance company is out some $$). Ride safe.

Welcome and ride safe Sebi.

Hi folks! How is everyone handling this awful winter? I know I've had my fill of it... actually I was sick of it in December. LOL...

Anything new and exciting? Randy, did you decide on a new street bike yet?

For those who don't know, I picked up a 2014 FZ-09! I can't wait to get out for a ride!

I'm very eager to get out and ride again, especially since last season got cut short for me. Haven't been out since the first week of September :(

I spent most of my winter buying new gear and gathering parts for the R6. Still have a few more things to get, but there's no real rush as it looks like the roads won't be decent for a while still.

likewise, last season was cut short due to a soy bean field adventure. Rebuilt as a track-only bike now, waiting for good weather to do some street bike test riding. Thinking VFR1200, ninja 1000, or possibly another CBR. Ordered a genny yesturday, honda 2k. Just waiting for nicer weather in the mean time

The VFR is a bit of a pig at 591lbs. I would expect the Ninja 1000R to be more fun to ride, even though it's also over 500lbs. I think you're too young for those. You need another CBR. ;)

yeah, its not very light, thats for sure. Need to test ride to find out what they are like moving. To me its more about finding a bike that makes you smile everytime you hit the starter and is engaging to ride, maybe without the racetrack riding position. The CBR definitely stirs the soul, but given how flat the roads are around here its not really a sunday riding kinda bike. Absolutely love the machine, its just more at home on the track. It's at the bottom of the list right now, but with some seat time it should make things more clear which is the best one.

Back
Top Bottom