The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 175 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Anyone get out for a ride this weekend?
Smergy and I went out a couple times... good hose down after each ride of course.
Ride safe, still a ton of sand out there.

I wanted to ride today but realized that the damper is damaged! I was not a happy camper. I am taking my bike to Honda this week, so hopefully they can fix it. I saw a few people out today and was SOOOOOO jealous! lol

I was out in the Hamilton Stoney creek area put a few miles on but nothing major. Can't wait till the rain washes the crap away. There was sand in every corner.

didn't get a chance to hose it down after the ride, so it looks like it was on an mx trail.

Anyone get out for a ride this weekend?
Smergy and I went out a couple times... good hose down after each ride of course.
Ride safe, still a ton of sand out there.

A few missing fairing clips kept me from getting out on the road :s. Just put the order in, but the weather's changing again.

Oh well, will wait until there's a good rain and the salt and sand get washed off. Was nice to get the bike out of the shed and work on it - I fabbed up a few mounts for my luggage, and did oil changes on our cages.

Yeah, I'm waiting for nicer weather still, so I can pull my stored car out of the garage and have room to work on the bike. Need to pull the wheels off to get my new tires mounted.

Well I spent all weekend trying to figure out a way to get my bike out of the living room and down the stairs at the front of my house without ramps. Couldn't happen cus of ground clearance. Apollo is just about ready to go now...picking up the ramps from a guy at work tmo, then doing an oil change and he'll be good to go :)...just in time for it to snow again LOL!

This work now?
imagevml.jpg

I'm such a tech newb lol

Ohhh I see it now! It looked like a medieval jousting mask in the tiny avatar lol! Is the new pic of the cbr??

Last edited:
Going to do my first oil change on Apollo tonight...hoping that the last guy who had it didn't strip the drain plug or over tighten the filter or any other crap!! Btw, what do you guys use as far as oil goes? I've always used amsoil, but have heard good things about Motul.

Going to do my first oil change on Apollo tonight...hoping that the last guy who had it didn't strip the drain plug or over tighten the filter or any other crap!! Btw, what do you guys use as far as oil goes? I've always used amsoil, but have heard good things about Motul.

I use motul 5100, best place for that is Sirius motosports in Cambridge by the cop shop. I think it is around $29/jug.

motul 7100, $39/jug (I think) at the motorcycle show from pro6/riders choice, so I usually get 2 cases or so. Used to use 5100, but like the feel of the motor/transmission on the 7100, but then again theres a lot of red lining at the track

Hey there. I am new to the Cambridge area as well and dont know anyone that rides in this area. Is there a usual night you guys meet up or just random nights?

Welcome Jen! I'm just catching up now. It would be nice to have another girl ride with us!

Michelle

motul 7100, $39/jug (I think) at the motorcycle show from pro6/riders choice, so I usually get 2 cases or so. Used to use 5100, but like the feel of the motor/transmission on the 7100, but then again theres a lot of red lining at the track

I ended up getting the Motul 7100...$52 for 4L at Royal :s! Still, a bit cheaper than the amsoil, and it seems like a lot of people have good stuff to say about it. Another plus for having the bike in the dining room, it makes oil changes a lot warmer at this time of year and I can let it drain over night +2!

Michelle, when are you gonna change your avatar to Rocket ?! She's so pretty!!!!

Back
Top Bottom