The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 272 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

They were more than that last year, it was $125 or something a day all in, save $20. Still a good deal either way

Shannonville has 2 days for $150, lunch included. They usually post that deal up at the end of January or February.
CTMP Big Track and Calabogie are available through DOCC (need to buy a membership) and Pro6. They usually sell out very quickly, so you need to buy your ticket well in advance and hope to hell it doesn't rain. No refunds unless it's so bad (Hurricane, Lightning, Monsoon, Deluge etc) that the track closes.

Oh yeah, Laguna Seca the same 92dB noise limit as Calabogie and are very strict about it.

I'm hoping to pick up the 3-day pass from them at the bike show. If I miss them, I think it can be ordered online until the end of January.
I wonder if Shannonville has a similar deal?....
I would also really love to try CTMP and Calabogie this year. Anyone else planning on going to one or both of those tracks?

On a side note, I had a chance to visit Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA last week and it looks incredible! I've already decided that after I get a couple of years experience doing track here, I'm going to trailer my bike out and do a few days there. Anyone else interested in a road trip to (arguably) the best track in North America?
Bogie and CTMP are the only tracks you will find me riding this year. Will be at GB every SOAR rd to wrench for a buddy.

I would also really love to try CTMP and Calabogie this year. Anyone else planning on going to one or both of those tracks?

On a side note, I had a chance to visit Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA last week and it looks incredible! I've already decided that after I get a couple of years experience doing track here, I'm going to trailer my bike out and do a few days there. Anyone else interested in a road trip to (arguably) the best track in North America?

Two trips to Calabogie for sure. Two days each trip. It's worth the drive. But of course must be booked in advance because they sell out and no refund if it rains.

We will probably do two days at Shannonville and maybe a Mosport RDT.

Laguna Seca someday I hope but definitely not in 2018. Probably doing a dirt bike trip in 2018.

Solution...

27301063279_27724f9132_o.jpg

They were more than that last year, it was $125 or something a day all in, save $20. Still a good deal either way

OK, you misunderstood. Apologies for my basic english skills. ;-)
I meant that you could buy a pass for any 2 days at SMP for $250 all in.
The price was only if you bought 2 or more days at once,.

Two trips to Calabogie for sure. Two days each trip. It's worth the drive. But of course must be booked in advance because they sell out and no refund if it rains.

We will probably do two days at Shannonville and maybe a Mosport RDT.

Laguna Seca someday I hope but definitely not in 2018. Probably doing a dirt bike trip in 2018.
Hopefully we will cross paths at Calabogie this year.
Have you two decided when you're going to Calabogie yet? If it works out, would you mind me signing up for the same days?
If I do go, Julia will be coming with me. You know, so when I crash and almost die, someone can still drive me home....lol
And Laguna Seca won't be until 2020-2022, so not any time soon. I've gotta really up my game before going to somewhere like that!

We haven't decided yet. Of course you should try to go the same days as us!

Of course you should come on the same days! And if Julia can't make it we will ensure to get you and your stuff home somehow :p

Got the Pro6 schedule. Just waiting for the DOCC schedule to decide dates. Will let you know when we know!

OK, you misunderstood. Apologies for my basic english skills. ;-)
I meant that you could buy a pass for any 2 days at SMP for $250 all in.
The price was only if you bought 2 or more days at once,.

It wasn't your English skills. It was a typo. You put $150 for two days but meant $250.

someone needs to keep Tim honest ;) Thanks Michelle.

1-2 hours at a time over several days. :p

This plus the occasional mission to get something done. On winter projects I like doing some small assembly chore every day during the week and maybe a couple per day on weekends. Before you know it, it's done ... or so close that you want to hear the engine run again, and get motivated to finish the sucker.

Sebi, did you finish checking your valves?
Its a work in progress, thanks for asking! :cool:
Everything is measured now, 2 intake valves are out of spec and 5 exhaust valves. Tomorrow I'll have to take out the cams and see what shims are currently in there. Depending on that, I'll have to create my shopping list of additional shims to buy.

Back
Top Bottom