The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 280 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

So stupid hot today. No ride for me.
Hopefully tomorrow....

So stupid hot today. No ride for me.
Hopefully tomorrow....
It was beautiful this morning at the red neck cottage! Managed to get out riding for a couple of hours and get a feel for the new girl on some twisty roads. Me likey! New tires are nicely scrubbed in and ready to slay a Dragon!

It was beautiful this morning at the red neck cottage! Managed to get out riding for a couple of hours and get a feel for the new girl on some twisty roads. Me likey! New tires are nicely scrubbed in and ready to slay a Dragon!

What tires did you end up with?

So my poor girl, Artemis, has had a minor malfunction...
The rear header manifold has separated from the mounting flange... going to remove it tomorrow and take it to get it welded. Probably will swap the track bike part over to the street bike. Figure it'll be more stable for higher mileage riding.
Pain in the butt, but I'm glad it happened before the trip to the Dragon!

So, KTM wants to have $400 plus taxes for the rear manifold. Ridiculous.
Pulled it out without too much cursing or swearing or having to drop the exhaust completely. Delivered it to have it welded and am picking it up again tomorrow for reinstallation. Going to be welded on the inside of the flange and the pipe, so there shouldn't be any chance or burn through or the likes.
Here's to a bit of luck from the motorcycle gods!

So, KTM wants to have $400 plus taxes for the rear manifold. Ridiculous.
Pulled it out without too much cursing or swearing or having to drop the exhaust completely. Delivered it to have it welded and am picking it up again tomorrow for reinstallation. Going to be welded on the inside of the flange and the pipe, so there shouldn't be any chance or burn through or the likes.
Here's to a bit of luck from the motorcycle gods!

Ouch, that's quite the price. What material is it? Best of luck!

KTM exclusively uses unobtanium and unicorn tears judging by the pricing

3b1ea6e14f0a13f926fc0b17ea805380.jpg

Well, picked up the rear manifold, and Mr. Parkin did a fantastic job welding it back together.
Cleaned a few things, tightened a few bolts.. bike's in better condition than before.

Didn't quite come to Unicorn tears, just a bit of colourful language getting an exhaust clamp to fit.

That's great!! Any other work to do on the Deere before the Gap?
And my offer of standing around drinking while watching you work on your bike still stands.

and criticizing. Don't forget the criticizing. Otherwise how will he ever learn? You're really doing it for his benefit even if he can't see it.

you coming to SMP monday BIP?

and criticizing. Don't forget the criticizing. Otherwise how will he ever learn? You're really doing it for his benefit even if he can't see it.
Of course. I thought that part went without saying. What sort of friend would I be if I didn't criticize?
you coming to SMP monday BIP?
I'm hoping to. I'd say at this point I'm in, unless something drastic happens.

registered for SMP, TMP for tomorrow is out unless the forecast changes. Watching the weather for now

Super short notice, but if anyone wants to ride tonight, meet at 120 Ottawa St. N for 6:15.
Going to be going thru Conestoga/Elora and grab food at St. Louis after. Pace will be leisurely.

Anyone try out the new MT09's? They're looking pretty sweet but I head bad things about the suspension.
I had a 2014 FZ09 and it was awesome. We rode together when I had it. The stock suspension is ****, but I put a Penske shock on and did a GP valving kit in the front to make it awesome. Still was cheaper than a Triumph Speed Triple S, and wasn't a Triumph

Back
Top Bottom