The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 173 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Yup! I love my RC :) I am looking into maybe getting a ZX 10 this year but we will see.

Forget that. RC all the way. I ride with too many yippee 4 bangers. Keep the twins alive. Oh, and maybe there's no chance I can keep up to a zx-10.

Forget that. RC all the way. I ride with too many yippee 4 bangers. Keep the twins alive. Oh, and maybe there's no chance I can keep up to a zx-10.

Lol. I dont plan of gettin rid of my RC..but I really like the ZX10 and if i get a good deal on a 2010 then i will buy it! Since I am new to the cambridge area, where are the good roads out here?

Lol. I dont plan of gettin rid of my RC..but I really like the ZX10 and if i get a good deal on a 2010 then i will buy it! Since I am new to the cambridge area, where are the good roads out here?

Ooohhhh dats secret society stuff. Requires secret handshake and decoder ring ? the wild roads are around you just gotta know where to look. But depending on where u r used to riding, a pleasant surprise or a terrible disappointment. Ill let you be the judge.

Ooohhhh dats secret society stuff. Requires secret handshake and decoder ring  the wild roads are around you just gotta know where to look. But depending on where u r used to riding, a pleasant surprise or a terrible disappointment. Ill let you be the judge.

Whaaaaaat?! lol. I am from the GTA area and I usually go to the snakes and the forks, if you know where that is. I am not a racer by any means and respect that my bike can kill me, so I keep my riding pretty tame. Lol. I would like to get out to the SOAR this year cause I have been thinking about riding the tracks.

If ur thinking of SOAR, come out to few track days. We're gonna do grand bend alot this year. Ya snake and the forks are good but quite a way out. Around here twisties are few and far between but the scenery is nice. I tend to keep the racer stuff on the track, but I do appreciate good roads. Nothing beats the 518 IMHO, but that's a trailer ride away. I'm not riding all that boring 400 series to get there anymore.

If ur thinking of SOAR, come out to few track days. We're gonna do grand bend alot this year. Ya snake and the forks are good but quite a way out. Around here twisties are few and far between but the scenery is nice. I tend to keep the racer stuff on the track, but I do appreciate good roads. Nothing beats the 518 IMHO, but that's a trailer ride away. I'm not riding all that boring 400 series to get there anymore.

Ya. I would like to get out to Grand Bend this year. I have never been but heard it is a great track. What is the 518 IMHO?? I really enjoy good roads with nice scenery, so i am looking forward to discovering Cambridge and the KW area. I would like to find a couple back roads to go up to London and the Chatham area, as I love going for long rides... any suggestions? I am looking forward to meeting some of the riders in this area.

most of the regulars on this thread are track riders, nothing like it, but is an addiction as they say. It will ruin street riding a bit. If you want to see what it is all about, join us for a day and you can watch for yourself. Or grab a set of leathers, and come join :) It will vastly improve your street riding, that I promise. Racer5.ca offers an all inclusive track day (if you don't want to bring anything) at a reasonable price that will give you a taste.

Whaaaaaat?! lol. I am from the GTA area and I usually go to the snakes and the forks, if you know where that is. I am not a racer by any means and respect that my bike can kill me, so I keep my riding pretty tame. Lol. I would like to get out to the SOAR this year cause I have been thinking about riding the tracks.

Ya. I would like to get out to Grand Bend this year. I have never been but heard it is a great track. What is the 518 IMHO?? I really enjoy good roads with nice scenery, so i am looking forward to discovering Cambridge and the KW area. I would like to find a couple back roads to go up to London and the Chatham area, as I love going for long rides... any suggestions? I am looking forward to meeting some of the riders in this area.

Gb is pretty sweet, excellent track. Nothing like riding the streets (last year was my first year in the track). Make an effort to get there and im sure you'll have an amazing time. IMHO = in my honest opinion, The 518 is the best riding road within a 3 hour drive from this area. Once again secret society decoder rings etc etc prevents me from indulging further. ? Suggestion as follows... Get in with a group of riders, maybe the (c u next trackday) group, and you'll learn alot more about this area alot quicker. Plus were a bunch of good people (co ed so ur not the only girl) that live motorcycles and everything to do with riding. As for backroads down London and Chatham, pretty straight but none the less fun. I've spent some time riding that way. When the warm weather comes (anything over 0) ?, the fun begins.

511 is amazing too. I also love Elephant Lake Rd, but I hate it too. Thinking about it makes my shoulder hurt. Kitchener to Ottawa in 11 hours, amazing.

most of the regulars on this thread are track riders, nothing like it, but is an addiction as they say. It will ruin street riding a bit. If you want to see what it is all about, join us for a day and you can watch for yourself. Or grab a set of leathers, and come join :) It will vastly improve your street riding, that I promise. Racer5.ca offers an all inclusive track day (if you don't want to bring anything) at a reasonable price that will give you a taste.

Thanks for the info! I am hoping to make a trip up to GB in April, I think i saw the first race is at that time. I am very interested in racing as it seems to be right up my alley. Are there a lot of female racers?

Gb is pretty sweet, excellent track. Nothing like riding the streets (last year was my first year in the track). Make an effort to get there and im sure you'll have an amazing time. IMHO = in my honest opinion, The 518 is the best riding road within a 3 hour drive from this area. Once again secret society decoder rings etc etc prevents me from indulging further.  Suggestion as follows... Get in with a group of riders, maybe the (c u next trackday) group, and you'll learn alot more about this area alot quicker. Plus were a bunch of good people (co ed so ur not the only girl) that live motorcycles and everything to do with riding. As for backroads down London and Chatham, pretty straight but none the less fun. I've spent some time riding that way. When the warm weather comes (anything over 0) , the fun begins.

Nice!! I would like to meet more female riders as I always seems to be the only girl, which I dont have a problem with but it would still be nice to meet other female riders. I will check out the other forums on GTAM and see if I can meet up with a group to go up to GB. My life is riding and would like to meet people that have the same passion. Thanks for all the great info!

THink maybe it would be a good idea to put the horse in front of the cart and not vice versa.
Head out and do a few track days before thinking about SOAR. Learn the tracks, learn good lines on each track and then see where it leads you. GB is alot of fun with the different configurations.

Come out to the group rides in summer and you'll meet the usual KW crew. Think the first track day this summer most will be heading to is May 23 at GB.

Nice!! I would like to meet more female riders as I always seems to be the only girl, which I dont have a problem with but it would still be nice to meet other female riders. I will check out the other forums on GTAM and see if I can meet up with a group to go up to GB. My life is riding and would like to meet people that have the same passion. Thanks for all the great info!

THink maybe it would be a good idea to put the horse in front of the cart and not vice versa.
Head out and do a few track days before thinking about SOAR. Learn the tracks, learn good lines on each track and then see where it leads you. GB is alot of fun with the different configurations.

Come out to the group rides in summer and you'll meet the usual KW crew. Think the first track day this summer most will be heading to is May 23 at GB.

Thanks for the info.

Jen. Welcome!!!! If I forget your name I give you every right to run over me with your bike!!!

I'm surprised no ones asked her in to the other kw forum :)

FYI. There are 3 other women who are regulars to our group.

There would be more but I'm not allowed to invite anyone with less than 600cc out anymore. Long story. I'm sure you'll hear about it!!!!

You couldn't ask for a better group IMHO

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom