The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 270 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I know it's short notice and Thanksgiving Monday, but I'll be heading out for a ride around 2:00. Anyone want to come along?

Depends on who else is coming and how long they want to be. I could do Hockley, Paris or stay local-ish to the Guelph area.

Depends on who else is coming and how long they want to be. I could do Hockley, Paris or stay local-ish to the Guelph area.

Ah, sorry it didn't work out this time... How was your ride? The fall colors are absolutely gorgeous! Long range forecast also looks promising. Friend of mine also just got a brand new 2016 R6 (I keep bugging him why not the 2017 :p) so were going to be going for a nice relaxed ride tomorrow morning. Can't wait for next season! Anyone else buying the 3-day GB pass? (Hoping they offer it again...)

Ah, sorry it didn't work out this time... How was your ride? The fall colors are absolutely gorgeous! Long range forecast also looks promising. Friend of mine also just got a brand new 2016 R6 (I keep bugging him why not the 2017 :p) so were going to be going for a nice relaxed ride tomorrow morning. Can't wait for next season! Anyone else buying the 3-day GB pass? (Hoping they offer it again...)

It was my first ride in about 3 weeks so I was just taking it easy. Was out for a couple of hours and stayed in the Guelph/Elora/Fergus area.
You're right about the long range, hopefully there's still a lot of riding season left!

Would anyone be interested in a ride to the Forks on Sunday? Looks like it'll be a nice sunny day (albeit a cold one...)
Pace would be cruising, just a scenic ride.

Would anyone be interested in a ride to the Forks on Sunday? Looks like it'll be a nice sunny day (albeit a cold one...)
Pace would be cruising, just a scenic ride.
I'm interested ☺ Keep me posted of meeting time and place. I'm about 45 min away.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I have just spent an hr outside. Its only 4 degrees here. I'm freezing. I have to pull the girlie card and say it's too cold for me today

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yea...
I was hoping it'd feel a touch warmer by now but it's still so cold!
Let's postpone until next week. Supposedly its 12 on Sunday so we'll cross our fingers for that!

Learning Curves had our annual banquet and Trail Tours riding session in Ganaraska Forest this weekend...
Gotta say, despite the lousy weather (it rained all day) it was a super fantastic fun time. It was warm enough at 14c, but everyone got thoroughly drenched - even with rain gear. Between puddles that were mid-shin (or more) deep and the constant rain, any type of dryness didn't stand a chance.

Started with some simple loops around a small field, then to going over logs of assorted sizes, working on tilting the bike and not your body etc. Then to some single track stuff, to dirt, up a "crazy chicken leg" (that's it's name, really) sand hill.. up rock/dirt hills (about half made it up without a minor crash or getting stuck).

I haven't had this much fun on a bike in a long time, despite having 2 "incidents" involving mud ruts on the edges of the aforementioned puddles. First one I managed to simply hop off the bike, second my @ss hit the mud on the edge of the puddle.

Rode in the Novice group (goes Beginner, Novice, Intermediate and Advanced). Had a guy drop down from Int. to Novice at lunch with us... He was surprised that there was no difference between Intermediate and Novice. He didn't know that we were all motorcycle instructors until a while later. The leader guy realized we were above the average novice level and adjusted the difficulty accordingly (after asking us at several different points of the day - what do you want, easy or more difficult?).

Now, I've gotta start looking for dirt bikes. Curses.

Maybe next year we should organize a day with Trail Tours at the beginning of the season. They supply all the gear - bucket, goggles, armour, jersey, boots, roost guard and pants. Think everyone would love it! (It's around $260 all in for a day from 9-3 with a 45 minute break for lunch)

Last edited:
I'm in!
I started off in the dirt but haven't ridden trails for about 15 years....
Glad you had a good time!

I'm in!
I started off in the dirt but haven't ridden trails for about 15 years....
Glad you had a good time!
I'd be interested.. I never ride dirt bikes, but sounds fun

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm out. Just bought my 2018 Ganny membership yesterday, so I'll just continue to go to Ganny whenever

Glad you had fun! I told you dirt bikes are the best.

I'm out. We ride Ganny all the time. It's the best. I did trail tours 10 years ago. It was great!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom