The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 269 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I'm hoping to setup a ride for this Saturday to Hockley area. Who'd be interested?

If nothing comes up, I'd be interested. 12 or 2pm meetup would be great, similar to previous times.

30 degrees this weekend!

Last edited:
Date: Saturday, September 23

Time: Meet at 11:20 (kickstands up 11:30), back home ~6

Route: To Hockley Valley area, section of 16km's twisties!

Pace: Medium pace, spirited in the twisties. Recommended for experienced riders

Depending on weather/time, we might stop for dinner in Elora!

Please have a full tank of gas. Be courteous to everyone else who comes out. We will stop for gas on the way up to/back from Hockley (Shell)

Last edited:
Omar's wife's funeral is on Saturday for anyone who knows him...

Last edited:
The service for Linda (Omar's wife) was nice. Many people attended to show support....
Was good to see.

Last edited:
Dad's buying a 2009 FZ6R tomorrow; super excited! :D
Any tips? It's been a while since I've been bike shopping. It's a single owner bike with 18,000km's in excellent shape and all stock. My plan is to just check over and see how smooth the engine/transmission runs along with chain, tires and pads.

Where do you get safety done?

You can get it done all over the place. Even the Canadian Tire on Fischer Hallman in the Sunrise centre.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you trust CT to certify your bikes. Did not know those stores did them. Truth is I wanted to see your responses and did not expect CT to be mentioned. I myself work for CT And we certify motorcycles aswell. Not to promote my shop in anyway but I wanted to see if there were any trustworthy independent shops out there that I did not know of. From my experience, stay away from Zdeno.

Glad to hear you trust CT to certify your bikes. Did not know those stores did them. Truth is I wanted to see your responses and did not expect CT to be mentioned. I myself work for CT And we certify motorcycles aswell. Not to promote my shop in anyway but I wanted to see if there were any trustworthy independent shops out there that I did not know of. From my experience, stay away from Zdeno.

Basically, any motorcycle dealer will be able to do safeties, as they have service departments. Many people don't realize CT does them - they are actually certified by the Canadian Government to do import inspections when bringing bikes in from out of country.

Wow... Never thought I'd see the day my dad finally picks up a bike. I think we got quite lucky! It's a 2009 FZ6R with 18,000km's and 1 owner in mint condition. Got it for $2700 with a rear stand and bike cover. Can't wait to start riding with dad, it's one of those things I've always dreamed of but never thought I'd see it through.
WU9qJoQ.jpg

That being said, anyone up for a VERY casual/relaxed ride on Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom