The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 195 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Ninja 1000 is very nice especially the 14 model smoother than the 13 or older. I was very close to getting one but got a 1190 KTM adventure instead.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

yeah, its not very light, thats for sure. Need to test ride to find out what they are like moving. To me its more about finding a bike that makes you smile everytime you hit the starter and is engaging to ride, maybe without the racetrack riding position. The CBR definitely stirs the soul, but given how flat the roads are around here its not really a sunday riding kinda bike. Absolutely love the machine, its just more at home on the track. It's at the bottom of the list right now, but with some seat time it should make things more clear which is the best one.

Yeah, I hear you. Hence the FZ09 for me.

Ninja 1000 is very nice especially the 14 model smoother than the 13 or older. I was very close to getting one but got a 1190 KTM adventure instead.

isn't it just a final drive gear ratio change on the '14?

Different gear ratios in the transmission plus engine and fueling changes, better suspension as well.

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

Im new to the site. Looking for some people to ride with. I see all these bikes out and about in Kitchener and area but I dont see any meet-ups or anything like that. Im a 36 year old, mature and just love to get out and ride. I own a 2008 GSXR 600 and would love to meet mature riders that respect riding rules but like to have fun.
Thanks

Hey McGruff, welcome! I think most of us are just hitting the road for the first time this week (I just finished my first ride of the season). Keep an eye here and you'll no doubt see rides posted up. Also, don't be afraid to post a ride yourself. Our typical meeting spots are Tim Hortons at University and Bridge, at Ottawa and Fischer-Hallman, or in Guelph on Woodlawn and Imperial Rd. Make sure you post the details of where and when, and departure time. :)

I'll be out soon. Picking up a new ride tomorrow, something more for the geriatric crowd, it was painful to drive around in a car today.

Hey McGruff, welcome! I think most of us are just hitting the road for the first time this week (I just finished my first ride of the season). Keep an eye here and you'll no doubt see rides posted up. Also, don't be afraid to post a ride yourself. Our typical meeting spots are Tim Hortons at University and Bridge, at Ottawa and Fischer-Hallman, or in Guelph on Woodlawn and Imperial Rd. Make sure you post the details of where and when, and departure time. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome... I will for sure. Does anyone have a regular meet up day like a Thursday or Friday kinda thing?
Thanks for the info

can't comment on the Tim Hortons regulars, its not my scene, but on a nice day someone posts a ride meet location and time, actual route and pace is usually TBD later on

Thank you for the warm welcome... I will for sure. Does anyone have a regular meet up day like a Thursday or Friday kinda thing?
Thanks for the info

yup, hope they behave themselves when I leave them in the shed together at night, or you'll get a situation like dave's garage ;)

Thanks for the info

We tried that a few years ago but it was kinda random with people's busy schedules. None of us are of the poser crowd. Meet and go. If you want to pose have have a coffee you'd better get there early ;)

yup, hope they behave themselves when I leave them in the shed together at night, or you'll get a situation like dave's garage ;)

Hey, there's nothing wrong and so many things right with my garage :p

Congrats buddy, can't wait to see the new ride!

oh I didn't say it was a bad thing... I just don't have that kinda space

Dave's garage won't be quite as full soon. I'll be bringing my 3 home soon ;) His garage looked like a bike shop with all 6 in there!

Yeah, full house! Now I'll have room to install my new garage door opener :)

Good to see this thread still up and active! I don't know if I'll be joining you much this year....I don't think I'll be able to keep up! I swapped out the Katana for a Suzuki Boulevard C50. Not much cornering clearance or acceleration, but damn is she comfortable!!
I'll still be posting up when I'm heading to Burrito Boys or on a longer day ride to Wasaga or something like that.
Be safe.

Back
Top Bottom