The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 255 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Anyone know where you would recycle a motorcycle battery in K/W?

VFR battery died :(

Thanks guys, I have a TSC at the end of the street, that would be convenient

Im going to be going for a short ride (around 2 hours) around noon if anyone wants to join. I'll be at the McDonald's on King/Columbia at 12:30

... never mind....

Last edited:
I was just about too ask what route you take to get to hockley. Now it's a "never-mind" kinda ride lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just about too ask what route you take to get to hockley. Now it's a "never-mind" kinda ride lol..

Might be back up later.. not sure at the moment as my plans for the weekend have been "wonkified".
Route would be Waterloo, Elora, Fergus, Grand Valley, Hockley Valley.

If it all works out maybe I can meet up with you guys in elora, not much sense driving from Arthur to Kitchener and then head back up north to elora/fergus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Sunday, leaving Guelph around 8:00-8:30
Heading to the Turkey Point/Long Point area via back roads.
If you want to come but don't want to meet in Guelph, I'm sure we can make a secondary meet spot in Paris.
Back in this area around 1:00ish.

Any interest?

I'm heading out for a ride on Sunday afternoon, probably be out for a couple of hours. Leaving Guelph around 1:00 or so. Anyone interested in joining?

I'm so sorry! I posted about the ride and completely forgot to check back.
If it makes you feel better, the ride kinda sucked. River Rd was full of sand/gravel, someone ended up going down on Hockley Valley Rd and a couple of the people were so slow it was painful!

On a different note, is there anyone else who is considering calling in *cough sick on Friday? It looks amazing!

Any guesses as to when riding season might start up this year? I'm hoping we don't get a major snow dump mid March again...

No official guesses....
But, Smergy and I have both received our 3 day passes to GB track days this week...

Couple rides sort of kind of planned with a new coworker of mine....

Otherwise, we'll see what happens!

Can't wait!

Any guesses as to when riding season might start up this year? I'm hoping we don't get a major snow dump mid March again...
I'm hoping for some MX tracks to be in good shape in March. As long as we don't get a deep freeze this month then it should be good to rip some dirt in March.

I hope the CBR makes it one more year then we'll see what comes up later this year or next year. Considering an R1, usually after 3 or 4 years you start to see a good used market and have a bunch of ex-race bikes come up, but its been fairly slow for this one. The price ask is still high, even for the non-M models, there's no spare rims (at a reasonable price) out there, and parts aren't as plentiful. I wouldn't mind giving the new fireblade a go either, but to me it's more like a mid-cycle refresh than a new bike. Awesome they put in the autoblipper (and amazing yamaha hasn't), but some of the electronics seem half baked. Yes, let's put in a high-sample rate IMU then use a speed sensor to detect lift. Titanium tank is cool.

If there were local places you could just hop on the bike and ride a bit, I'd look at an MX bike. Trailering for an hour+ is a bit less appealing.

I hope the CBR makes it one more year then we'll see what comes up later this year or next year. Considering an R1, usually after 3 or 4 years you start to see a good used market and have a bunch of ex-race bikes come up, but its been fairly slow for this one. The price ask is still high, even for the non-M models, there's no spare rims (at a reasonable price) out there, and parts aren't as plentiful. I wouldn't mind giving the new fireblade a go either, but to me it's more like a mid-cycle refresh than a new bike. Awesome they put in the autoblipper (and amazing yamaha hasn't), but some of the electronics seem half baked. Yes, let's put in a high-sample rate IMU then use a speed sensor to detect lift. Titanium tank is cool.

I would enjoy a new track bike too. I'd like a litre bike, but the reality is that I doubt I'll put any more significant amounts of money into track riding as I feel I've reached the limits of what I want out of track riding. On a 600 I'm already spending over $100/day on tires...

If there were local places you could just hop on the bike and ride a bit, I'd look at an MX bike. Trailering for an hour+ is a bit less appealing.

Think of it like a track day or an all day street ride. You aren't in it just for a few laps, so the drive is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom