The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 264 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

What's everyone doing for the Canada Day fireworks?
Think I might zip down to Niagara Falls to see them there. Should be pretty spectacular.

Last edited:
I had mentioned earlier in the thread about meeting up and riding down to the Paris Bike Night tonight. Unfortunately I no longer am able to meet up but I will be headed down there so if you go look for me on the retro yellow black Yamaha.

Anyone know what bike these are from? Someone shipped me the wrong rotors. 310mm
06be2a9dae66620ec657c0120e2896b5.jpg
cd3a6c00fe2030b6e175a5ac2b86c198.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've got a used Q3 for anyone that wants it for free.
Has about 1mm of meat above the wear bars in the middle, so it won't pass a safety...
But, if you want it for a track day, it'll last that no problems at all... could also be used as an emergency replacement as necessary.

190/55r17.

I'm away this weekend but bacon ... Drool..

You want to see bacon? Wait till Smergy cooks up like 4 packages at once on Sunday morning down at the Dragon....
An eating machine in the extreme. Absolutely jaw-dropping to watch. ;-)

Speaking of which I was just smoking a few pounds today :)

next time there is an admission charge for the spectacle.

You want to see bacon? Wait till Smergy cooks up like 4 packages at once on Sunday morning down at the Dragon....
An eating machine in the extreme. Absolutely jaw-dropping to watch. ;-)

So we had a group ride at the Dragon and Cherohala today... kind of surprised nobody else showed up. ;-)

Pretty impressed with the Dunlop Roadsmart 3 I put on the rear of the KTM. Had a nice, fine grain "sandy beach" wear pattern after zipping up and down the Dragon a few times. Sure, it doesn't quite give the same feedback as the Q3, but it's a solid tire IMHO.

Had lunch at the Notorious P.I.G. 2 days ago, and it was good as usual.

Went up and down the "Canada Road" yesterday - and it moved up the ranks of my favourite roads ever. Cherohala, Dragon and Canada Road. Top 3 right there.

We found a stray, so we adopted him. It's Katatonic :) That fjr moves pretty well!

Charoholla skyway, NC
b0fd885ed7d617b060fe6ea0d4b144f0.jpg

So we had a group ride at the Dragon and Cherohala today... kind of surprised nobody else showed up. ;-)

Pretty impressed with the Dunlop Roadsmart 3 I put on the rear of the KTM. Had a nice, fine grain "sandy beach" wear pattern after zipping up and down the Dragon a few times. Sure, it doesn't quite give the same feedback as the Q3, but it's a solid tire IMHO.

Had lunch at the Notorious P.I.G. 2 days ago, and it was good as usual.

Went up and down the "Canada Road" yesterday - and it moved up the ranks of my favourite roads ever. Cherohala, Dragon and Canada Road. Top 3 right there.

Glad to hear you're liking the RS3. I really liked the RS2's.

We found a stray, so we adopted him. It's Katatonic :) That fjr moves pretty well!

LOL... that's awesome. Leave it to Katatonic to randomly show up on a ride in another country.

Yup, and scraped a lot of bike parts doing it!

Ouch..

Glad to hear you guys are having an awesome trip!

July 11th at GBM was great, really big turnout had us separated in 3 groups. A friend of mine had his first track day and had an absolute blast. His progression was great to see throughout the day. I also felt more comfortable and it was good to have a different new layout to get some diversity. Unfortunately I had my front brakes fail while braking mid-corner which forced me off track. I collected some grass on the fairings but kept the bike upright; super scary. A gentleman that was set up next to us luckily helped me out with the bike and we bled out the whole front system. After that, the brakes seemed to be back to where they should... My only guess would be is if I didn't have brake fluid in the reservoir and from the bike leaning it somehow managed to suck some air in.

I threw together a quick video taking snippets from different laps. I don't think I'm gonna use that style again. I think it's to busy to have multiple cuts in the same lap so next time I'll probably do just 1 angle/lap.
[video=youtube_share;B-3IxZd0x68]https://youtu.be/B-3IxZd0x68[/video]

Back
Top Bottom