What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

I'm hoping to get some time off for this, but it's not a sure thing. I've also contacted media with regards to the case, so they'll hopefully pay some attention.

Media love conflict, and love visuals. So if a bunch of people were organized enough to be at the courthouse, let alone doing so in gear, that would provide the visuals and conflict necessary for a good media story. Signs and pamphlets are also good. Anything to show that you are organized, a presence, and concerned about the case and the law in question.

Media love conflict, and love visuals. So if a bunch of people were organized enough to be at the courthouse, let alone doing so in gear, that would provide the visuals and conflict necessary for a good media story. Signs and pamphlets are also good. Anything to show that you are organized, a presence, and concerned about the case and the law in question.

Concentration has to be on the potential for massive abuse that is inherent in HTA 172, not on any individual group. Given that passenger vehicle drivers seem to have been the greatest target for Mahoney-Bruer, singling out motorcyclists would be a mistake. The average voter needs to see the dangers of this law and motorcyclists aren't the average voter.

I have been sending some notes to local news agencies asking if they will be covering the trial or at least following-up on the case. I encourage others to do so, hopefully if enough people do it they will see some interest and make sure it is not brushed under the carpet.

I called the trial office today.

The matter apparently has been scheduled for trial on September 16, 2013 - next year. The Clerk sounded that it was a bit off, and double checked what she was reading.

The matter apparently has been scheduled for trial on September 16, 2013 - next year. The Clerk sounded that it was a bit off, and double checked what she was reading.

Sounds like they're forcing an 11b. Bollocks.

Sounds like they're forcing an 11b. Bollocks.
keep in mind that we don't know the nature of the adjournment, it could be attributed to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer or simply a neutral delay

i highly doubt the crown ****ed up disclosure or the courts made procedural errors for such a high-profile case where a veteran police officer is being prosecuted

in the public's best interest, it would be a joke if he walks away because of 11b

keep in mind that we don't know the nature of the adjournment, it could be attributed to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer or simply a neutral delay

i highly doubt the crown ****ed up disclosure or the courts made procedural errors for such a high-profile case where a veteran police officer is being prosecuted

in the public's best interest, it would be a joke if he walks away because of 11b

Think about the Toronto Police corruption case, from not very long ago. Not all of those delays were on The Crown.

Wow... That seems excessive.

Believe me, I haven't forgotten.

I know about you but this forum has a good cross section of the general public, so it's better to refresh the collective memories from time to time.

I remember reading news about that cop. What a POS!

Back
Top Bottom