What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

Should be fun for the guys at the metal detector.....

Interesting case. Seems foolish to risk your well paying job, your integrity ect. with such foolishness. Will be interesting to see what the outcome ends up being.

Im pretty sure all secondary employment has to be approved prior to taking on a second job. It is against policy to do so without permission, and could result in additional charges. More then likely had the restaurant approval prior to the suspension and investigation, which is why he has continued to do so.

A friend of mine has a cop buddy that got suspended with pay. He was required to sign in at the cop station, 2 times per day. Hardened criminals don't sign in every day, let alone twice daily. Is that the kind of "tougher on cops" you are referring to...

Its hard to say whether this will be a closed court room. His defence will want this, however the crown will urge transparency. My guess it will be closed, judges seem to grant this all to often.

I would like to be there too. Should be fun

A friend of mine has a cop buddy that got suspended with pay. He was required to sign in at the cop station, 2 times per day. Hardened criminals don't sign in every day, let alone twice daily. Is that the kind of "tougher on cops" you are referring to...

hardened criminals don't get paid what cops do and they are not free to go where they want and do what they want after signing in

Interesting case. Seems foolish to risk your well paying job, your integrity ect. with such foolishness. Will be interesting to see what the outcome ends up being.

The guy doesn't even need the salary to keep him going.. He owns a business that's worth just under a million and could make a good living just by running it. I'm sure the hard-working cop didn't sleep and had God add 6 hours to his day so he could afford to build up his business to that level :rolleyes:

The guy doesn't even need the salary to keep him going.. He owns a business that's worth just under a million and could make a good living just by running it. I'm sure the hard-working cop didn't sleep and had God add 6 hours to his day so he could afford to build up his business to that level :rolleyes:

I have to wonder, if he's found guilty, if that will go away as "proceeds of crime"?

One other interesting case to watch is that of John Floria!
http://www.thestar.com/article/232866
I believe that he's still suspended with pay today! All his toys, boat that they used going across the Lake Ontario, Corvette, etc. are gone.....for now!

I have to wonder, if he's found guilty, if that will go away as "proceeds of crime"?

Depends on what the Crown can prove and how much they're willing to invest in forensic accounting. I'm not too optimistic though.

One other interesting case to watch is that of John Floria!
http://www.thestar.com/article/232866
I believe that he's still suspended with pay today! All his toys, boat that they used going across the Lake Ontario, Corvette, etc. are gone.....for now!

We're following the Dennis Mahoney-Bruer story because, as several of us predicted when the law was passed, it may have been abused for personal gain.

Depends on what the Crown can prove and how much they're willing to invest in forensic accounting. I'm not too optimistic though.

If this falls under the proceeds of crime legislation, then it becomes a reverse onus issue. The convicted person must prove that the property WAS NOT proceeds of crime.

We're following the Dennis Mahoney-Bruer story because, as several of us predicted when the law was passed, it may have been abused for personal gain.
Totally agree with you here! I didn't mean to hijack this thread, it was meant more for...." if you like this story, check this one out".

If this falls under the proceeds of crime legislation, then it becomes a reverse onus issue. The convicted person must prove that the property WAS NOT proceeds of crime.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves =D the conviction isn't such a sure thing.

Just a reminder: The last information I received said trial date confirmation on July 13th, with a tentative trial date of July 23. As the dates approach I'll try to get confirmation and I'm still trying to get the time off, to attend at least one day of the trial.

Just a reminder: The last information I received said trial date confirmation on July 13th, with a tentative trial date of July 23. As the dates approach I'll try to get confirmation and I'm still trying to get the time off, to attend at least one day of the trial.

Rob, if you come across the information could you post the location and court room. I would also like ato attend.

I'm hoping to get some time off for this, but it's not a sure thing. I've also contacted media with regards to the case, so they'll hopefully pay some attention.

Back
Top Bottom