What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

Star likely won't put their "investigative team" on this because:

a. he is not Rob Ford;
b. he is not Jian;
c. he is not a well known figure;
d. there is nothing for them to "investigate" the info about what he did is already out there, other than those directly affected by his actions and members of this community, the general population isn't interested.

Bottom line it won't sell a crap load of newspapers.

The Star does a lot of investigations. No one there is interested?

Last edited:
what we need to do is once he is convicted is pressure the media and the province to seize his assets "proceeds of crime"

What did the spectator say? Sorry sir he buys to much advertising from us to run a story on him. He is a customer of ours and the customer is always right.

What did the spectator say? Sorry sir he buys to much advertising from us to run a story on him. He is a customer of ours and the customer is always right.

We are sorry sir. Sgt. Mahoney-Bruer is a police officer and a valuable and generous member of our community. Our editors find that it is not in the public interest to participate in this witch-hunt :cool:

Almost blew a gasket on the way home tonight. Discussion on 1010 was about the Windsor Police officer who is fighting dismissal over being caught smuggling a few cases of beer, some sctoch, and a few Litres of win across the border, but no one wants to talk about the guy charges with obstruct justice and three counts of breach of trust. Off went another email, to be ignored along with the rest.

Has anyone tried calling the phone number on that memo on the earlier page for current information?

Has anyone tried calling the phone number on that memo on the earlier page for current information?

I was actually advised by a criminal defence lawyer, of my acquaintance, that I should request an information on the case. It should be a few pages long and cost a few bucks a page. I'm off for the two weeks around Christmas/New Year so I may just go by the Brampton Criminal Courts and do just that.

I was actually advised by a criminal defence lawyer, of my acquaintance, that I should request an information on the case. It should be a few pages long and cost a few bucks a page. I'm off for the two weeks around Christmas/New Year so I may just go by the Brampton Criminal Courts and do just that.

I know I'd definitely be interested in knowing whats going one with this case. I just called the number - doesn't seem to be a direct line but a general OPP mailbox.

looks like you finally have your answers on http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/12/11/opp_officer_acquitted_on_breach_of_trust_charges.html

By: Katrina Clarke Staff Reporter, Published on Thu Dec 11 2014
MILTON–A Superior Court judge has found an OPP officer not guilty of breach of trust and attempting to obstruct justice.

Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer was arrested in May 2009 after an investigation by the Ontario Provincial Police Professional Standards Bureau.

During Mahoney-Bruer’s trial, the Crown alleged he fabricated evidence to give tickets to drivers for travelling 50 km/h over the speed limit because he was getting kickbacks from tow truck drivers.

In Ontario, driving 50 km/h over the limit results in an immediate seven-day vehicle impoundment, according to the Ministry of Transportation.

Mahoney-Bruer wore a dark grey suit with a purple tie in court Thursday.

Wow, a real not-guilty. I expected it to get tossed for delays, I didn't think they had enough stones to actually declare him not-guilty.

Yikes.... It's so nice to be a millionaire and have union lawyers going to bat for you on top of that! Real boost for public trust in today's policing!

Unbelievable no wonder more and more people don't trust the police or the system.

sent from a device using a program

Sadly, I bet the trial turned not into the crown providing realistic proof, but an argument back and forth about the level or quality of proof(s), and a lot of it being discounted. That or the crown just buggered the whole case or screwed up on something critical. I hope the crown appeals just to drag his *** back into the mud for fun.

Sadly, I bet the trial turned not into the crown providing realistic proof, but an argument back and forth about the level or quality of proof(s), and a lot of it being discounted. That or the crown just buggered the whole case or screwed up on something critical. I hope the crown appeals just to drag his *** back into the mud for fun.

Don't forget the deals made to civilians to not press charges if their bogus HTA172 tickets were tossed. That's one way to make it go away.

“I do want you to consider yourself extremely fortunate that the evidence generally allowed you the benefit of the court’s doubt,” Fitzpatrick told Mahoney-Bruer. He told the officer not to interpret the verdict as an “endorsement” of his actions and gave him “a very clear warning,” that he might not receive the same benefit if he finds himself in court again.

“It will never happen, Your Honour,” said Mahoney-Bruer, wearing a dark suit and purple tie.

In other words ... he was guilty, but managed to cast just enough doubt on the evidence to skate free.

I made sure to spread the word about this fine demonstration of "justice"....

Back
Top Bottom