What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

This whole situation will be swept under the proverbial rug.
Bruer will eventually be promoted and retire as a cop with a big fat pension and benefit package.
$70K a year pension for a Sgt (Team Leader) retiring with 35 years service.
They take care of their own and being corrupt merely made him one of the trusted boys.
The Canadian criminal justice system is replete with rotten apples who cover each others backsides and the smell gets worse the farther you go up the ladder.
Compared to some of the cop brass and politicians further up the ladder Bruer is a choir boy.

Last edited:
I wound up tied up with real work so couldn't make it over, the girl charged with being an accessory in the Tim Bosma/ Declen Millard case was appearing today in Milton. I did drive by the building, lot of vehicles around.

I am not a biker, but I have been monitoring this site as I was a victim of this jerk in 2002 and filed an OPP complaint (it went nowhere). See update I received from Superior Court on this matter yesterday:

We can confirm that the matter of R. v. DennisMahoney-Bruer has been adjourned to September 26, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. in theSuperior Court of Justice in Milton for further submissions. The matter hasthereafter been scheduled for judgment on November 17, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Accordingly, no verdict or final ruling has yet been made in this case.

I have little faith in the system, but I thought I would share my findings.

I am not a biker, but I have been monitoring this site as I was a victim of this jerk in 2002 and filed an OPP complaint (it went nowhere). See update I received from Superior Court on this matter yesterday:

We can confirm that the matter of R. v. DennisMahoney-Bruer has been adjourned to September 26, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. in theSuperior Court of Justice in Milton for further submissions. The matter hasthereafter been scheduled for judgment on November 17, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Accordingly, no verdict or final ruling has yet been made in this case.

I have little faith in the system, but I thought I would share my findings.

Thx for the update Timbone.

Thx for the update Timbone.

Yes, thank you for the update and we'd appreciate it if you keep us posted on future developments.

Yes, definitely, thanks for the information. It has been virtually impossible, for people who are not directly connected to this case, to get information on it.

Given how long this has been drawn out you'd likely go broke paying for a transcript. There could even be an appeal, so it's not necessarily over in November.

Our system allows for very long drawn out ordeals on this crap. And he continues to collect a salary until a resolution comes around . Is his legal defense tab picked up by the police services / union?

I, like Timbone am not a "biker" unless you count my Vespa. I too have been impacted by this A** and have an interest in seeing what happens to him if anything at all.
I had to post to say a big think you to everyone who is keeping this topic alive. It is impossible to find any information on this case except here and I truly appreciate it.
Thanks to everyone who participates and shares.

I have made it a point to direct people to this thread and ask them to google this guy whenever I so much as hear the word "Stonewalls"
It's not much, but I try. Unfortunately this guy has a deal worked out with Y108 and has live to air patio broadcast which are drawing a lot of business :(

I have made it a point to direct people to this thread and ask them to google this guy whenever I so much as hear the word "Stonewalls"
It's not much, but I try. Unfortunately this guy has a deal worked out with Y108 and has live to air patio broadcast which are drawing a lot of business :(

That may well backfire, for both Mahoney-Bruer and the radio station, if the whole thing doesn't remain under its current rock.

That may well backfire, for both Mahoney-Bruer and the radio station, if the whole thing doesn't remain under its current rock.

Would be interesting if the station was contacted with some information about the fact that one of their advertising partners is currently on trial for corruption :cool:

I haven't reviewed all the posts in this thread but I just noticed the name of his pub was Stonewalls. Is this somehow related to his defense strategy?

They don't care. Even The View in Hamilton won't publish anything negative about them because he buys full page ad spreads in the most hipster rag in the Hammer.

Doubtful. For someone that has spent as much time actually peeling back the layers of law enforcement in Ontario, you are still naive. It will drag on until his retirement, which amazingly enough is the end of this year. Wanna put money on the percentage ratio of his fine vs. wages collected while suspended? Jail time is a dream. What country do you think you live in?

Would be interesting if the station was contacted with some information about the fact that one of their advertising partners is currently on trial for corruption :cool:

Who is the head of the largest police union in Canada again? Who was his father, and how many years was he under SIU investigation? Yeah...and the Serbs were responsible for all evils in the Balkans.

I haven't reviewed all the posts in this thread but I just noticed the name of his pub was Stonewalls. Is this somehow related to his defense strategy?

Even worse...Stonewall's was opened with the $300k+ in kickbacks he received from the three different towing companies that SIU has tracked down. This SOB is the picture perfect example of what 172 was going to create...and he is going to walk away with his 30/70 pension. And a money generator retirement plan.

Confession Time: I did get free drinks out of him. I insinuated that he may have pulled me over and I knew the ******** he was pulling, and the least he could do was pick up this round of Scotches for me and my father. The lobster mac & cheese at Stonewall's was "meh", but the pizza is actually really well done.

Confession Time: I did get free drinks out of him. I insinuated that he may have pulled me over and I knew the ******** he was pulling, and the least he could do was pick up this round of Scotches for me and my father.

Well done! Don't feel guilty unless you said Thank you. ;)

I also found the name VERY fitting...

Very fitting name for his new establishment then...

stone·wall
verb
past tense: stonewalled; past participle: stonewalled
delay or block (a request, process, or person) by refusing to answer questions or by giving evasive replies, especially in politics.
"the highest level of bureaucracy stonewalled us"

I was thinking of posting his history on yelp, someone kind of did it already but it wasn't very well done. It's one way of getting the word out there as mainstream media won't cover it. The spec usually loves dirty cop stories but he buys lots of ads so they won't post anything about it.

I also found the name VERY fitting...

Sorry, I missed your post. Stonewalling is more common that one might expect from a government. It wastes time and money while achieving nothing, all at the expense of the taxpayer.

Silly me. Isn't that what we do expect from our government?

Back
Top Bottom