What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? - Page 18

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

Re: What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

I am very disappointed with this, it sends a very clear message to the police.

They keep adding more information to the story. It's now 5 times as long as when I first read it.
    http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

"Only in concealing one's identity, can one truly be known. (Whatcha!)" - Brother Silence, "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising"

Sadly, I am not surprised by this verdict as it is increasingly obvious that the police are above the law in Canadian society. What really frustrates me is that this was not a poor decision made under duress; rather, this was a planned use of the special powers held by police officers to harm innocent citizens. The very people this officer took an oath to protect.

Well we still have to wait for the results of the OPP inquiry. He was found not guilty, but doesn't necessarily get to keep his job.

"Only in concealing one's identity, can one truly be known. (Whatcha!)" - Brother Silence, "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising"

Having been found not guilty in court, I'm betting he will get off with a reprimand at best. His job and pension are safe.

Perhaps I am just naive and maybe a bit stupid, but I would think professional police officers would want to see a cop like this drummed out. Yeah, I know, I am naive and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scob View Post
    Having been found not guilty in court, I'm betting he will get off with a reprimand at best. His job and pension are safe.

Perhaps I am just naive and maybe a bit stupid, but I would think professional police officers would want to see a cop like this drummed out. Yeah, I know, I am naive and stupid.
    Some of the younger (late 20's-early 30's) cops I know, share our sentiment that this man doesn't deserve to be a cop anymore. It truly is a shame when the bad apples get the most attention and it makes it harder for the rest.
    "There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it twice."

Re-read the article after all the info had been added and I wonder of there is someone that can shed some light on something here:

It says he is currently suspended with pay.... has he been suspended with pay for the last 5 years or did he get suspended later on?

Just wondering because that could be around $500,000 for not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Subenz View Post
    Re-read the article after all the info had been added and I wonder of there is someone that can shed some light on something here:

It says he is currently suspended with pay.... has he been suspended with pay for the last 5 years or did he get suspended later on?

Not around, it is over. Even on suspension he shows up on the sunshine list every year (over $100K no show job!).

For some the law is inocent, even if proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Subenz View Post

He was suspended, with pay, when the charges were laid. That extra money comes in pretty handy when you own a restaurant.

I just read it in the paper .... I am screaming and am disgusted what has happened here. I cannot believe the crook will walk and Harry Black added another cop feather on his cap. The system clearly failed the citizens of Ontario.

Not a good week .... We are 0:2 this week, with supreme court giving cops the powers to search your celphone without a warrant.

Can it get any worse? Probably ...

I am disappointed but not surprised. At stake was the reputation and future of D-M-B but also everyone above him in the organization.
    Who hired him?
    Who failed to supervise him?
    Who brought in a law subject to corruption (HTA-172)?
    Who failed to see the failure of Canada in protecting our rights?

If D-M-B was convicted **** would start flowing uphill.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 12-13-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Guess the law doesn't apply to the Po-lice
    Quote Originally Posted by Snobike Mike View Post
    Toronto should crack down on Leftard liberals.......
    Free Oilycreek!

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    I am disappointed but not surprised. At stake was the reputation and future of D-M-B but also everyone above him in the organization.
    Who hired him?

The first and second points aren't really an issue, as OPP ultimately arrested and charged him. The third and fourth are definitely valid questions.

Wow....just wow. FTP!
    2013 Honda replica 90cc dirt bike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR ~ Leaning corners
    2001 Honda F4i ~ Stunt bike

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    Who hired him?

HTA 172 is already a racket, this was merely a minor argument between layers of government over double-dipping. The electorate recently gave thumbs up to the provincial Liberals on much worse corruption than this. Bruer would literally have to be murdering drivers and sealing them behind the walls of his restaurant before the Crown made a proper effort. Even then, the newstertainment outlets would lose interest at the next celebrity tweet.