What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

Re: What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

I wish there was an easy way to get updates or results on a trial. we can subscribe and follow threads on twitter, bbses, face book, etc... with everything beeing electronically documented and transcribed we should have access to this sort of information far easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    I wish there was an easy way to get updates or results on a trial. we can subscribe and follow threads on twitter, bbses, face book, etc... with everything beeing electronically documented and transcribed we should have access to this sort of information far easier.
    In some case the charged could argue trial tainted by media.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I checked both. I even checked the Family Court board, in case it was mis-posted.

If the venue is being changed for closing arguments that hints heavily at a trial by judge, rather than trial by jury. That's typical in a case in which a pointy-headed point of law is to be argued.
    Can't think of any cop that did a trial by jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Roomie View Post
    If it has been resolved and there was no mention of anything in the media I'm going to be real shocked. That dirt ball probably got nothing other than suspension with pay.
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    I'm guessing you were being sarcastic when you say you would be shocked? I'd be shocked if there was any real media coverage of the outcome. Classic case of out of sight out of mind.
    Ding!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    That's bizarre. I checked the board on the 23rd and there was no mention of the case, whatsoever. Well I sicked CMG and The Star on it, so let's see what happens.
    Yes let's see. Lest we forget he's a popular guy, and already turned his kickbacks into a successful bistro pub for his retirement package. Not to mention the YEARS he has been suspended without pay.

BTW -- I'd recommend NOT patronizing Stonewall's in Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    Can't think of any cop that did a trial by jury.
    Oh there have been a few that were so knee deep into their own bubble world of doublethink they thought they would walk (a judge will never let a bad cop walk, but he'll NEVER give a bad cop what they deserve either. It's a risk:reward gamble. The dumber, and longer, they've been on whatever force they serve the more likely they go for a jury).

Probably the most memorable was a TPS 20yr traffic cop veteran that ripped open his shirt in court to show his heart surgery scar. He stuffed his ex-girlfriend in a trashcan after he strangled her with a jump rope and buried her in his basement wall. Her family knew he killed her after she disappeared, and he was a true, suck every overtime dollar he could from the system, oh I am your worst nightmare, traffic cop...but he would have gotten away with it. Only he sold the house, and during the reno a trashcan with a corpse popped out of the wall.

A (retired) homicide detective once confided to me, he loved cops as suspects. Because they were the easiest to shake once their ******** wasn't going to fly.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Does anyone have any fresh updates on this case? Was a decision rendered in November or was the case put over for decision?

There is absolutely nothing, in the list of judgments, that indicates a finding in the case.
    The 2013 Yearbook is now available: http://www.blurb.ca/user/robmaclennan

"Only in concealing one's identity, can one truly be known. (Whatcha!)" - Brother Silence, "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising"

I heard it was in court yesterday. I only heard that last night unfortunately.

any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukala View Post
    any updates?
    None, but I'm continuing to try.
    The 2013 Yearbook is now available: http://www.blurb.ca/user/robmaclennan

"Only in concealing one's identity, can one truly be known. (Whatcha!)" - Brother Silence, "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising"