What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What ever happened to Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

I haven't been able to find out a thing, about the case. For all that I know, it's still pending.

I haven't been able to find out a thing, about the case. For all that I know, it's still pending.

It would be nice to get this back into the media as the same issues of too much power without checks and balances is still present. With it coming out that the SIU essentially has no teeth or police don't have to listen to them it makes the issue of "Who polices the Police" a much more important one.

I sent out an email, but doubt that anything will come of it in the media.

The only information that I turned up in my search, was that he seems to own a restaurant in Toronto.

Wat did this guy do?

This is the occifer who was on the TV news hyping up enforcement of HTA 172 ... and was later alleged to be falsifying evidence and acting in collusion with a local towing company to drum up business. Supposedly more than 200 "stunt driving" charges were to be thrown out because of this, and there was a story going that the OPP would be reimbursing the expenses of those drivers ... and then the whole thing dropped out of sight, and I haven't heard a thing since, neither about the officer in question nor about what actually happened with the towing and legal expenses of all of his victims.

if we are lucky maybe he's dead! I just have no use for scum bags that abuse their powers! I am sure part of the $1300 cash that i paid to get my bike out of impund went to the Caledon opp officer.

Last edited:
What's the name of the restaraunt? I will pop down for dinner, stuff a dead cockroach in my mashed tates and sue him. See how HE likes being set up. Low life p.o.s.

What's the name of the restaraunt? I will pop down for dinner, stuff a dead cockroach in my mashed tates and sue him. See how HE likes being set up. Low life p.o.s.

Let's hope it's good practice for working in the correctional facility kitchen :cool:

If you're involved in this, I hope you aren't letting this fall by the wayside. The last thing you want is to end up in a bureaucratic pile of forgotten paper somewhere. Keep the calls up, pester people, etc. If you annoy them enough they'll do something about it.

I doubt it. Our legal system is geared toward avoiding prosecution of public official corruption and when they are prosecuted to do everything possible not to allow a conviction and in those rare cases where someone does get convicted, the penalty amounts to a slap on the wrist. Remember that our legal system is managed by people who have everything to gain from corruption.

Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer owns a restaraunt in Hamilton called Stonewalls on York Street www.stonewallshamilton.com
He is just as arrogant as he was as a cop. Were did he get all that money to buy this building and then renovate it for about $700,000.00?

Any updates on his charges or convictions would be appreciated.

dennis the menace.jpgDennis the menace at your service --- NOT!

Friday, May 29, 2009
opp.jpg
OPP NEWS RELEASE

OPP make arrest in breach of trust investigation

ORILLIA - (May 29) - The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Professional Standards Bureau, has arrested and charged an OPP officer.

As a result of receiving information, the OPP Professional Standards Bureau immediately launched a criminal investigation into the actions of an OPP officer.

The investigation found that the officer charged drivers in three incidents in May 2009 under the Highway Traffic Act for speeding and Section 172 legislation (racing/stunt driving) based on false evidence.

Sergeant Mahoney-Bruer, age 49, a 12-year member of the OPP assigned to the Port Credit Detachment, has been charged with three counts of breach of trust and one count of attempt to obstruct justice pursuant to the Criminal Code.

The Crown is working with the OPP to review charges where this officer was involved as an investigator.

The scope of the review has not yet been finalized.

Sgt Dennis Mahoney-Bruer has been suspended from duty and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice at 7755 Hurontario Street, Brampton on July 13, 2009.

In relation to these allegations, commissioner Fantino has stated: "Although I am very disappointed by this outcome, it was important for the OPP to initiate an immediate investigation and a comprehensive review, with the intent to bolster safeguards, to prevent similar situations in the future. I believe that the public trust is a fundamental cornerstone of the OPP and policing."

Anyone with information in regards to this ongoing investigation is asked to contact the OPP Professional Standards Bureau at 705-329-6051.

Inquiries about outstanding charges in relation to this officer are asked to contact Staff Sergeant Jack Hunjan of the Highway Safety Division at (905) 278-6131.

Professional Standards Bureau is mandated to investigate internal and external concerns pertaining to OPP member conduct.

That's a stale article. Still nothing on the court proceedings or verdict?

Two years wouldn't be out of line, for such a serious bunch of charges. I'm not going to stop trying to find out.

I'm still guessing there'll a large pile of very sharp pencils at the Crown's office :cool:

Back
Top Bottom