03/04 ZX6R 636exy Build. (The creamsiKKle) | GTAMotorcycle.com

03/04 ZX6R 636exy Build. (The creamsiKKle)

frekeyguy

Picked up a 03/04 ZX6R 636 a few months ago.....I've always loved this body style.

I am bored, its cold, I am sickkkkkkkk.....I am tearing this bike apart.

Its going to be named "The CreamsiKKle"

Keep checking back for build updates....what will this build consist of? Almost everything, bike will be torn down to the frame, powercoat, etc etc etc.

Started this morning...and she is almost 80% torn down.

This will be a 1 WEEK build. "the phantom powercoater" has promised me a 4 day turn around...

Parts will be dropped off Monday, and picked up Friday night. Bike will be reaasembled next saturday, and hopefull be taken out for a ride on Sunday morning.

As we all know, there is no set way to build a custom show/street/track bike......so your input on why you'd want to do certain things is welcome!

here is a before pic...

40815_940916908092_28113790_56756027_3796498_n.jpg
IMG00242-20110223-1858-1.jpg

Last edited:
Johnnyp636 is already suppling me with parts, that need replacing for such a build.

Thank you!!! I appriciate your help....now you will have 10million ppl asking you for help...loll

Just dont stretch it out!

P.S. As a forum rule you must now change your name to Frekeyguy636

Bike is torn apart, just have to remove all of the bearings now.....

I am thinking about doing the frame/subframe/swingarm...etc orange.....SUNBLAZE ORANGE, but I am afriad that it doesnt have enough flake in it....?

Maybe clear it with bigger flake?
I do like how the orange has a very fine gold flake in it...

[video=youtube;7ilGhWRKZBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilGhWRKZBo&[/video]

nice. i like the name.
as long as that orange doesnt go on the fairings, it should be okay with more gold flakes.

nice. i like the name.
as long as that orange doesnt go on the fairings, it should be okay with more gold flakes.

going to keep the plastics all OEM kawi....custom paint is big bucks, and the turn around time it way too long for me.

Plus paint doenst seem to crash as well as OEM plastics.

OEM plastic...still look great when they are zip tied together....

yummy creamsiKKle....

creamsicle.jpg

Last edited:
Dropping this motor was pretty straight forward.....made up some sockets for the castle nuts....

IMG_3650.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg

used a dremel with a carbon fiber blade, took about 20mins per socket....

sockets from princess auto, $5 or so each

subsribed

parts all wrapped up, and in the SUV now.

where the pics of the powder!?

power should be in today....shipped friday I belive.

My Coater is taking care of all that....im just dropping off the parts, bearings/seals removed...de-greased them.... But I am not taping, or blasting or prepping....

Its going to be the Orange starburst with a clear coat with flake in it. The orange will have a fine gold flake in it. And the clear will have a thick/big flake in it. It clear should add a whole lot of depth….

Last edited:
Bike is torn apart, just have to remove all of the bearings now.....

I am thinking about doing the frame/subframe/swingarm...etc orange.....SUNBLAZE ORANGE, but I am afriad that it doesnt have enough flake in it....?

Maybe clear it with bigger flake?
I do like how the orange has a very fine gold flake in it...

[video=youtube;7ilGhWRKZBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilGhWRKZBo&[/video]

I have done that color, but from my supplier its called dormant orange....I dont think a sparkle clear would make it look any better, its a nice color as it is...Adding another sparkle too it might actually make it worse IMO...Too much sparkle might drown out the orange..Id do a sample before going ahead with all your parts, because sometimes what you think will happen when mixing different powders isnt what you get...

Last edited:
I have done that color, but from my supplier its called dormant orange....I dont think a sparkle clear would make it look any better, its a nice color as it is...Adding another sparkle too it might actually make it worse IMO...Too much sparkle might drown out the orange..Id do a sample before going ahead with all your parts, because sometimes what you think will happen when mixing different powders isnt what you get...

Yes! Excellent idea! I will get him to do some test parts. According to my conv. with him, the orange powder needs to be custom mixed, which was a cause for delay. Or he could’ve done a test shoot over the weekend.

I want a more of a Pastel orange, like the ice cream stick pic above. So hopefully he will be able to figure something out.
The orange is suppose to have a very fine gold in it, and the clear is suppose to have a heavier flake in it.

So two different sizes of sparkle?? Is that possible?

Yes! Excellent idea! I will get him to do some test parts. According to my conv. with him, the orange powder needs to be custom mixed, which was a cause for delay. Or he could’ve done a test shoot over the weekend.

I want a more of a Pastel orange, like the ice cream stick pic above. So hopefully he will be able to figure something out.
The orange is suppose to have a very fine gold in it, and the clear is suppose to have a heavier flake in it.

So two different sizes of sparkle?? Is that possible?

The orange has gold sparkles in it, you can mix more into it or add sparkles or flakes into a clear top coat...All will look different, that is why I suggest doing samples...Too much sparkle can drown out the base color, making it really foggy...

And IMO mixing sparkle with flake is a little too much... Its either one or the other for me

going do it .. it's only paint ... it can be changed at a later date if you don't like it ... whats the big deal live a little

going do it .. it's only paint ... it can be changed at a later date if you don't like it ... whats the big deal live a little

Umm no its not just paint, its powdercoat, and powder coat isnt that easy to change colors......Stripping powdercoat cost more then stripping OEM paint....And coating isnt cheap either, so you might want to make sure you like the color before you spend $1000 + having it done....

Back
Top Bottom