Beware of Endras BMW | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Endras BMW

To James: I purchased a used bike from you, and was told that BMW's easily go 150,000 miles no problems. You knew I was purchasing this bike for a cross country adventure. I brought the bike in for whatever was required at your service department the week before I left. Just outside of Vegas it spit a belt. Three days in Bakersfield California were unplanned, as the only BMW mechanic was undergoing kidney dialysis. I'm willing to give your service department the benefit of the doubt for this. One week later on Hwy 1, I hear a big grinding noise. Towed again, this time to Hansens in Oregon. Craig Hansen said that these things take about 10,000 miles to go, so someone must have had an idea of a problem. I had to fly home on my dime. The bill was $2000 + for the repair for the stripped drive shaft/ clutch assembly. I flew out in September and had to pick the bike up again. When I went to see you, I was treated with disbelief and disdain. You are not a credit to your dealership. I traded in my bike to Wolf BMW, and have been treated like family.

We offer 90 day/7500 km warranty all pre-owned motorcycles. If I recall the problems that you had with your motorcycle occurred after the expiration of that warranty. I am sorry if you felt treated with disdain it wasn't my intention.

Last edited:
So took the baby in for service two weeks ago. Was running great but I though a change of oil before going away would be a good idea. So new oil, including gearbox, filters all around, adjust the valves and Bobs your uncle.Didn't get out last weekend so nothing to report. Out today for a spin - not a lot of fun. A small puddle of oil under the engine when I rolled it out of the garage. Not an auspicious start. Apparently dropping back down to idle is now optional. Instead of dropping to 1100 rpm, the engine hangs at about 2750 for a couple of seconds, or longer. Rolling off the throttle no longer works and I still have not got the hang of shifting in this new mode. Jerky is a bit of an understatement.

Back to Endras. No one in today so nothing can be done until Monday so I am missing what looks to be a great weekend.

If you would like to call me I will get you in touch with Owen. 905 619-5531 or email jamesc@endrasbmw.com

+1 for Mr. John Parker and his crew at Budd's BMW in Oakville. I was treated like a fellow rider and not a customer. Was actually welcomed into the service area to discuss the maintenance to be performed on my bike and not immediately ushered over to the snooty waiting lounge beside the espresso machine to wait for 3 hours like a good little boy. And the annual K seminars are a bonus too
icon_cool.gif

Customers can speak with Owen and see their bike in the shop at anytime. I am far more interested in seeing my bike getting worked on, and I am not much of a expresso fan either...

We offer 90 day/7500 km warranty all pre-owned motorcycles. If I recall the problems that you had with your motorcycle occurred after the expiration of that warranty. I am sorry if you felt treated with disdain it wasn't my intention.

If I understand properly, he believes that a worn belt drive should have been noticed while it was being serviced but it was overlooked. Nothing to do with warranty.

If I understand properly, he believes that a worn belt drive should have been noticed while it was being serviced but it was overlooked. Nothing to do with warranty.

This case occurred a couple of years ago when our previous technician was working here. Unfortunately you are only as strong as your weakest link and there is a possibility that it was overlooked. This is why changes have been made and why we have invested in training Owen to be our Master Technician. If I had the opportunity to correct this with the customer I would. All of the comments that have been posted are from the same time period and this is exactly why I am reinforcing the significance of our changes.

Last edited:
Now the update.

Got the baby back yesterday. Replacement crush washer fixed the gearbox leak and there was a vacuum leak causing the idle problem. This is not a new bike, so sh*t happens sometimes. Had a chat with Owen, very nice guy by the way, mentioned my battery was a bit naff so he charged it. Then a wash and a blow dry and we're good to go - no charge. Upset about the service, but really pleased with the solution. I will be going back.

I have been out all afternoon, you know getting rid of that old gas. Apparently it goes bad.

Sounds like things are turning around slowly.

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in this thread. I bought a1200RT in 07 when it was Durham BMW, after it became Endras it was obvious the herd had been culled. I recognized very few people after the purge. I agree with James that there have been changes at Endras. I remember I had a concern over a possible oil leak in the FD on my bike as there wa a few drops of oil on the rim one morning. Owen looked at it and I guess they could have just said there was a leak and reamed me royally, but Owen after inspecting it said every thing was fine. Where the oil came I have no clue and it never happened again. They did say I needed rear rotor and pads so I gave the OK for that repair. Over the next few days I kept checking for leaks, I did not find any but did notice the rear hub had a split in one the bolt holes that the rotor bolts to. When I returned the bike to Endras and brought it to the attention of Tyrone and Owen they asked me to leave the bike and they would inspect the hub. They phoned me and said that, yes the hub was cracked. When I asked who was picking up the tab they agreed to cover it.

So I will admit that encounter was a positive one. I recently purchased a 2013 1200GS from Endras and I will probably have it serviced at Endras, if I have any negative experiences I will post on this thread.

I just picked up my R1200R from the shop.Owen did a great job,at Endras BMW.That gentleman knows what He is doing.He is AAA in hes profession as technician.I understand "littlebit"in bikes as vell,so that why I sayig that.101%+++ for Owen!!
He is just great!

best regards,Steve H.

I just picked up my R1200R from the shop.Owen did a great job,at Endras BMW.That gentleman knows what He is doing.He is AAA in hes profession as technician.I understand "littlebit"in bikes as vell,so that why I sayig that.101%+++ for Owen!!
He is just great!

best regards,Steve H.

Everyone beware of this member, he has no accountability towards this review. A new member who just registered yesterday.

you better come out during group rides to prove yourself legit. Bring your documents also showing you indeed 'just picked up' the bike proving your story here.

If you would like to call me I will get you in touch with Owen. 905 619-5531 or email jamesc@endrasbmw.com

For your own good, contact them (find their phone number from your records, or PM them) personally, instead of asking them to contact you. You maybe a great sales manager, but i can tell you the sales manager upstairs working BMW cars (Javin) has much better interpersonal skills than you do. Anything you say here reflects your interaction with customers in person. I think you should take some more time in grasping the key to customer service and having excellent social skill is essential to make customer come back and be satisfied with your department.

I know its long time ago but I hope you did some corrective actions to take care of this customer nicely. 'It was not my intention' makes me more upset. You have caused someone with disdain and this is what you are saying!

Geez buddy, your quote is from a year old message. What got your panties in a bunch?

Geez buddy, your quote is from a year old message. What got your panties in a bunch?

Yes, someone bumped this thread and I saw how James replied to our members on here got me upset.

I've been to Endras numerous of times for BMW and MINI. I know the most car people there and I could see the differences in customer service between automobile and the motorrad division.

I support Endras and I want them to do really well, that's why I am devoting my time as a customer to give some feedback. If he thinks I am full of BS, then let it be.

I could care less if Javin has better interpersonal skills than me. He is part of the car system. We are talking about the motorcycle system at Endras. This is a motorcycle forum. Let's keep the comments relative.

I could care less if Javin has better interpersonal skills than me. He is part of the car system. We are talking about the motorcycle system at Endras. This is a motorcycle forum. Let's keep the comments relative.

Identify yourself.

Last edited:
We are talking about Endras BMW and their Motorrad division in this thread, I bring whatever it is helpful. If you dont like it because he is better than you, then learn to do better. Thanks.

You dont listen to customers... good job you are a genius.

I've had dealings with Endras BMW and Owen. Hopefully my post count is high enough for my input ;) Owen is a class act. My dealings with him have been most pleasant and thorough and he certainly knows his jam. I will continue to go to, support and recommend Endras Motorrad.

Back
Top Bottom