Beware of Endras BMW | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Endras BMW

Just out of curiosity, what about the downtown dealership? I was thinking of dropping by there at some point for a look-see.

I'm in a bit of a predicament myself. I purchased my bike from BMW Durham and received a free 10k service included in my purchase price. I'm now at 7k and debating whether I should bother cashing in on my "free" service or bring it to Budd's and eat the cost out of pocket for peace of mind knowing my bike is being handled by top mechanics. Being under new management (Endras) I suspect some kind of run around anyways when I try to redeem my free service. Aside from the fact Budd's is a hell of a lot closer to me than riding to Ajax and losing a day's work.

how much to fix the problems possibly caused by endras bmw if their service is as described in the complaints listed here?

Arrogant buggers at Endras as well...
Exactly!!

Just a warning to others about my bad experience there. Endras Motorrad will gladly take your money but refunds can potentially take 2-4 days to process. Be careful.

I visited Endras to view a pre-owned bike. I was interested in a test ride but they needed time to prep it and I didn't have gear with me. To hold it for a few days until I could get back with riding gear, I put a significant deposit on the bike. They said they would hold it a week and I could get my deposit back immediately. In the meanwhile, after I checked insurance rates and maintenance costs, I concluded I didn't want to buy the bike so I went back to retrieve my deposit four days later. The sales person (different than who originally served me; this was the Motorrad manager) was arrogant and abrasive because I wasn't going to buy the bike. He filled out a form and said my deposit will be processed in 2-3 days. WTF! I asked him how Endras would process the chargeback on my credit card without it present. He said they had the details on file. WTF again! I know I never authorized them to record my credit card details and keep it on file so this was BS. I went upstairs to talk to the GM. I never ended up seeing him but the Motorrad sales person came up shortly later to refund my money on the spot. Told me I didn't need to talk to his manager, that they don't appreciate customers who bulldoze their way through their processes and that Endras didn't want me back as any customer of theirs. OK, fine with me. BuddsBMW, you've got my business for life.

Last edited:
Motorrad sales person came up shortly later to refund my money on the spot. Told me I didn't need to talk to his manager, that they don't appreciate customers who bulldoze their way through their processes

Customers are always right.

and that Endras didn't want me back as any customer of theirs.

Bad business practice on their part.

For all the BMW owners that have switched from Endras to Budd's, good for you.
After reading all posts in this thread, I support the switch!

I bought my bike from Durham/Endras and had service done there. I wasn't impressed. Didn't diagnose obvious problems and didn't use the right oil on the change. I've used Open Road in Newmarket for the last service and was happy with them. Nothing difficult but they did put the right oil in it.

I've had nothing but Great Experiences with Endras BMW

Not only do I find the staff at the Endras dealership very friendly I wanted to share a couple of terrific experiences I have had with this dealership.

1/ I accidentally scratched the hood of my wife's brand new Mini. I took it in to them in a utter panic and not only did they fix it that very day they charged me next to nothing. Less then the cost of a bottle of polish. Not only did they return the car to its pristine condition it likely saved my marriage.

2/ Today I took my bike in with a bent front rim. I hit a rough railway crossing and the options were to try and have it straightened or purchase a new rim at an astronomical price tag. Being nervous about the safety of a straightened wheel I had approved the cost of ordering a new wheel. Well after Owen had a look at my wheel he offered another alternative. He had a new wheel he would give me for FREE!!!!. It was off a new bike but it has a slight scratch likely from when the tire was installed. The wheel was replaced on the new bike before it was sold and he offered me this wheel for free. Its complete with bearings and just needs to be painted. This will save me a bundle.

Any shop that offers their customer this kind of service gets my business for life.

Thanks to both Tyrone in service and Owen the mechanic.

+1 Wadadli

I bought my BMW from another dealership and was less than satisfied them. I dropped into Endras and left my baby in Owen's care. He checked out the things I had concerns about, reset the suspension to factory specs and then showed me how to adjust it when I got to the point were I thought I should change it. I enjoyed being in the shop and having someone answer stupid questions about the bike in general without making me feel like a complete idiot. I did get a bit of rectal flutter when it came time to settle up, it is a BMW dealership after all, but the bill was for less than I had imagined.

I will be back.

I've waited a long time to respond to this thread because I wanted to make sure our actions matched our words. In any business we go through times of change and must react to them. I have worked with Endras BMW/BMW Durham/BMW Experience Centre for the past 11 years and I’ve watched our company rebrand itself under different ownership and directives. The motorcycle industry has also gone through significant change as well, and has seen its sales cut in half since 2008. We’ve seen established shops from all over Canada close their doors. I've been tasked with making our Motorrad department a viable long term business and ensure that we don’t have the same fate. Over the past 3 years we’ve hired an entirely new staff, myself James Collins Motorrad Division Manager, Adam Hancock Salesperson and Co-Ordinator, and Owen Clarke Technician. We have designed this team to work together for many years, and we are committed to offering the highest level of customer service as BMW owners would expect.

The original poster in this thread had a bad experience with a technician that no longer works here. I can't speak for his case in specifics but I can tell you that we have made changes to address it. There was another comment regarding the process of refunding a deposit, that has been taken into consideration and changes have been made to that process to make it a simpler transaction.

I invite all of you to come to our shop and experience the change for yourself!

If you have any recommendations or questions I would be happy to hear them. I can be reached at (905) 619-5531 or by email jamesc@endrasbmw.com

Last edited:
My service experience was interesting at Endreas. First time at Endreas with my BMW motorcycle. Dropping off was an OK experience, collecting the bike was a different story as I was treated like I was something the dog had brought in. Rude and arrogant young upstart at the desk and not typical of a high end dealership.
Not what I would expect having spent in excess of $700 for a service. I don't mind the cost, but based on the way I was treated I would not rush back. That said, the bike runs very well since the service, and the technician was very helpful with previous questions that I had. The work done was totally fine.
Just my 2 cents and sent without prejudice....

My service experience was interesting at Endreas. First time at Endreas with my BMW motorcycle. Dropping off was an OK experience, collecting the bike was a different story as I was treated like I was something the dog had brought in. Rude and arrogant young upstart at the desk and not typical of a high end dealership.
Not what I would expect having spent in excess of $700 for a service. I don't mind the cost, but based on the way I was treated I would not rush back. That said, the bike runs very well since the service, and the technician was very helpful with previous questions that I had. The work done was totally fine.
Just my 2 cents and sent without prejudice....

Pem, if you want to PM me I would glad to address your concerns.

I am in the "fer" column at this point. I have to take baby in for service before I pack it in for the season.

I'll keep you posted.

So took the baby in for service two weeks ago. Was running great but I though a change of oil before going away would be a good idea. So new oil, including gearbox, filters all around, adjust the valves and Bobs your uncle.Didn't get out last weekend so nothing to report. Out today for a spin - not a lot of fun. A small puddle of oil under the engine when I rolled it out of the garage. Not an auspicious start. Apparently dropping back down to idle is now optional. Instead of dropping to 1100 rpm, the engine hangs at about 2750 for a couple of seconds, or longer. Rolling off the throttle no longer works and I still have not got the hang of shifting in this new mode. Jerky is a bit of an understatement.

Back to Endras. No one in today so nothing can be done until Monday so I am missing what looks to be a great weekend.

To James: I purchased a used bike from you, and was told that BMW's easily go 150,000 miles no problems. You knew I was purchasing this bike for a cross country adventure. I brought the bike in for whatever was required at your service department the week before I left. Just outside of Vegas it spit a belt. Three days in Bakersfield California were unplanned, as the only BMW mechanic was undergoing kidney dialysis. I'm willing to give your service department the benefit of the doubt for this. One week later on Hwy 1, I hear a big grinding noise. Towed again, this time to Hansens in Oregon. Craig Hansen said that these things take about 10,000 miles to go, so someone must have had an idea of a problem. I had to fly home on my dime. The bill was $2000 + for the repair for the stripped drive shaft/ clutch assembly. I flew out in September and had to pick the bike up again. When I went to see you, I was treated with disbelief and disdain. You are not a credit to your dealership. I traded in my bike to Wolf BMW, and have been treated like family.

Hi James, it's Gene. We've talked already, so you know all about the numerous problems on multiple occasions that Neda and I have encountered at Endras, all within the last 3 years. It can't be a co-incidence that so many people have also experienced tech and customer service issues. Unfortunately for you, not many people post up positive reviews because it should be par for the course when you are paying the premium prices that BMW shops charge. Instead of placating on Internet forums, your job should simply be to make sure the negative experiences don't happen at all.

Just some constructive criticism.

BMW riders are crazy for not going to Budds in Oakville for service.

Are they perfect? No, but they are damn good and they know it.

It's a tad far for a service.

Folks a GP Bikes seem nice. I may, heaven forbid, start doing stuff myself.

+1 for Mr. John Parker and his crew at Budd's BMW in Oakville. I was treated like a fellow rider and not a customer. Was actually welcomed into the service area to discuss the maintenance to be performed on my bike and not immediately ushered over to the snooty waiting lounge beside the espresso machine to wait for 3 hours like a good little boy. And the annual K seminars are a bonus too:cool:
014vw.jpg

Hi James, it's Gene. We've talked already, so you know all about the numerous problems on multiple occasions that Neda and I have encountered at Endras, all within the last 3 years. It can't be a co-incidence that so many people have also experienced tech and customer service issues. Unfortunately for you, not many people post up positive reviews because it should be par for the course when you are paying the premium prices that BMW shops charge. Instead of placating on Internet forums, your job should simply be to make sure the negative experiences don't happen at all.

Just some constructive criticism.

Hi Gene,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this thread. I have been following your trip on GTA motorcycles and it looks like you and Neda are having a great time. I appreciate your comments and I can tell you that we have taken some major strides to correcting our issues, and Owen as of last month completed his BMW Masters Certification. Would I say that we are perfect? Certainly not, but instead of letting the viral spin on, I would like to be afforded the opportunity to respond to customers concerns and try my best to fix it. Take care and safe travels.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom