Beware of Endras BMW | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Endras BMW

Elton, are you back from your ride yet? I'm a BMW rider. Don't drive BMW cars or Minis, so I don't care if Endras can do great things in that area. Or talk nice to me about new car models. I want them to improve their Motorrad service, and yes this includes the customer relations area, as well as service reception, booking appointments and the actual service work performed. I've heard them say (on this forum) that they have improved, but have yet to see it.

Great thread for us noobs, I just bought a used k1200lt and it's nice to know peoples dealings with the local shops.

Keep it up,
Tross

Just brought my 2013 GSLC in for some warranty work. Nothing serious, an intermittent click @ idle (probably the decompression valve) seepage around the front brake reservoir, Inconsistent clutch engagement, mechanical noise in neutral. I goggled the symptoms and I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. I'll report back with the response.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/ixraybones/DSC01477.jpg

Last edited:
Just got a phone call from Owen at Endras. The brake reservoir seepage = new brake cylinder. Clutch engagement variance is noted in a BMW bulletin, replacement part is on order. I also had a rip in the output shaft rubber boot and it will be replaced. The click could not be duplicated, I was wrong in thinking that it might be a decompression valve, apparently it doesn't have one. The gear box noise is normal. Everything is under warranty but the parts will be 2-3 weeks. I'm happy.

Well lets see how Endras deals with this issue. While out on the GS I blew an output shaft seal. This was not just a leak, but totally blew the seal out and emptied most of the oil onto the rear tire and road. This was an issue that was supposed to have been dealt with by the recall order below before the bike was delivered.

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur...y=0&rn=2013040&cf=SearchResult&pg=-1&lang=eng

Now Endras is getting parts in to fix this but since the problem was supposed to have been corrected is it going to blow another seal? To be fair Owen and James are helpful, but the tier two complaints guy (Stephan) at BMW Canada was not very helpful at all. I'm supposed to be receiving a gift certificate to make up for all my troubles regarding the blown seal and the problems I mentioned in the last post. Stephan did not say how much the GC would be for, but the bike has been out of commission for a week now and the insurance is ~$100.00 a month. I'll keep updating as this unfolds.

Update. Apparently BMW acknowledges the rear output shaft seal issue was not resolved with the oil pressure restriction. Seems a newly designed oil seal is the answer. I just hope when all this is installed the bike is not knockin and rockin. At this point, dealing with BMW Canada I can only laugh:lmao:

Good morning,
My bike will be due for it's first service appointment (600 miles) soon.
Any more experiences with Endras (good or bad) to share?
What about Serpa in Newmarket?
Thanks.

I forget who was the poster looking for 150000 trouble free miles from their ( GS?) but you have to be on crack not to know of the final drive issues on the bike. I had a 2005 GS with the dreaded powered ABS which was abandoned after 2 years but I kept the bike for 8 years.

I would never buy a new model bimmer in the first year. If you want a reliable adventure bike, buy a V strom. If you dont know that you are going to pay through the nose ( and are prepared for the added expense) for those 150000 miles, you are twice a fool.

BB

Last edited:
I just got my bike back from Owen at Endras. I would not hesitate recommending him to anyone. I know nothing about Serpa.

Gerry

Let's add my 2cents here.. the sales team in motorrad are a great.

When I got tires changed in the workshop, rims were scratched. Twice.
Started going to Oakville for services after that.

It was 'only' a routine service, but I took my bike to Endras yesterday for the 600 mile service and dealt with Owen.
All in all a positive experience.

They should do something bold to restore customer trust in the quality and caliber of their work. They should introduce transparency: Wait Room should be in their repair shop - like a seat at a restaurant where you can look through the glass and see them actually make the food. It would be educational, awesome to watch, and puts mechanics on notice that everyone can see everything - so do it right.

I have recently started going to Endras, and my initial reaction is that their customer service is poor - simple things like not calling back when they say they would, or not responding to emails (again when they said the would), instead of having to chase them for every single inquiry. That is the only interaction I have had so far. I can only assume now, especially after reading this thread, that they will likely continue their trend in providing a lowered customer experience than other BMW dealerships. They are not shining stars in customer service - fact. They need to focus on the customer "experience" so that everyone recommends them - if the "get" that, they can make great changes to their reputation and revenues. An amazing customer experience transcends customer service.

I can't speak to the quality of the service department. I can only trust all your reviews and consider myself cautioned - wolf might be my best option it seems.

I have dealt with Serpa in the past - since Pat first started the mottorad division. The new guys working now are really great - but recently the dropped the ball with me on the sale of a very expensive bike and ended up chasing the guy who was there physically with cash in hand even though we had arranged for me to come in after to close the deal - wish it did not end that way - they have not apologized or recognized the impact of their hunger to get cash in hand despite our verbal agreement. Possibly month end sales pms? My fault for not getting the deposit in - fair - but our discussions did not require it as they told me they will hold it for me until x date to get in and get paid up. Dealing with them - and only mentioning this because there were some posts about simple interpersonal skills sales folk should have - was like talking to really good and knowledgeable friends - its very relaxed there and you feel comfortable opening your wallet. I kept hoping they would call to apologize - they did not and lost a customer for life.

Back
Top Bottom