Newbie. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newbie.

styno

Hey guys/gals. I intorduced myself up in the newbie section, but figured I'd do the same down here. I'll be hanging out the most in the dragrace forum anyway.
"Hey guys great forum, glad I stumbled across it. I'll probably kick around the drag racing area of the forum the most. Im not new to drag racing or to sport bikes. But I am new to dragracing sport bikes.
I have a GSXR 1000 @ 65"s, stock motor with some bolt ons. Im going to run the OSCA Pro Bike and Sled series this summer.
Maybe see some of you out there.
Respectfully
Mark Stein "

Looking forward to maybe meeting up with some of you this summer.!!

Welcome to our little secret Mark....We were able with a little arm twisting,get GTA to open a dragracing thread. Roadracing guys have there little area....So here we are..Sounds like you have a nice bike there..Be nice to see ya down at TMP...come say hello..I'll be on the blue zx14...all the best this up coming year.. Glenn

Thanks Glenn!! It'll be nice to meet some guys. Ive been racing in the OSCA since day one but in a car, so I really dont know many of the bike guys.
This should be a great first dragbike, I got a few soft hits last fall and really enjoyed it. Sure cant wait till spring!! :)

Attachments

• sidewinder 2.jpg
    sidewinder 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 36
your bike is at cycle pro right now right?

I just spoke to Craig this morn actually. Things are moving along nicely, cant wait for the track to open!!
:)

whats being done to the bike now?

Hi Mark! Welcome! I am fairly new as well. Looks like you and I could have a little Suzuki / Yamaha 1000 grudge match at TMP :p

Just going through the clutch, flat pan and lowered and tune for the sidewinder.
Sounds like fun Banger, im always up for it!!! :)

Well got to make a few passes at TMP fri night. Unfortunately most of them resulted in traction issues, yet I did manage a 9.68 @ 144.
I was pretty happy with that considering I was only leaving at 4000 rpm and still spun hard. I think with a good track, some good air and some seat time, this ol turd's gonna work pretty good!! :0

Back
Top Bottom