Working out! Fitness! Nutrition! | Page 81 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

I'm almost sure this is a hip flexor strain - I felt a pain when I was catching the bar at the bottom of a clean over the winter, definition of a sudden contraction under too much load.

Just weird that it's been months and still hurts.

I had a tear in that area 2yrs ago. Physio made it better but it took quite a while. I still battle with that side getting tight almost daily and this yoga pose is the most effective way I can get it to release.

Anyone have a review on orangetheory? Location opening near me.

Just another boot camp? Pondering joining something other than running this fall.

Anyone have a review on orangetheory? Location opening near me.

Just another boot camp? Pondering joining something other than running this fall.
A few of the mommy bloggers that I follow on Twitter are regulars at the Richmond Hill location. They seem to like it. Not sure how personal though, being a franchise. I can ask them for opinions if you would like.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Took a few months off from the gym to do renos at the new place and going back is horrible experience...went last week and pain all week...went this morning and better but trying to build up to it with going full body exercises but lower weights to get my body back into it. Suggestions for a new routine?
Previously I did:
D1 - Chest / Tri-cep
D2: Leg / Shoulders
D3: Bicep / Back
D4: Core and repeat.

Each exercise consisted of 3 sets with a warm up set but saw a plateau and now want to get started up again with a focus on toning, and some definition. Not sure I want to build too much, mainly tone, increased strength and general health. Thanks! Sadly my diet is still not where it should be. Don't eat much junk food (a cookie and a beer here and there) but don't watch meticulously what I eat and track intake.

Not sure why people are so caught up in splitting up their workouts. Iirc it has been shown that full body workouts are more beneficial to all but elite athletes and bodybuilders.
In your case @mimico_ploak especially, with wanting to tone up, a full body workout with cardio 2 days on 1 day off 2 days on 2 days off (with light cardio on day 6) would be the right way to go for you imo.
**please take my advice with a grain of salt, as I am a Fat Bas**rd. But I really enjoy reading, and back when I was into it, I found this approach gave me the best bang for my time. Ymmv.**

D1 - Chest / Tri-cep
D2: Leg / Shoulders
D3: Bicep / Back
D4: Core and repeat.

No rest days???

Also personally I keep shoulders far away from chest and Tris since a lot of the shoulder workouts use triceps as well and having them beside each other doesn't give the tris enough time to repair
Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Good tips guys thanks! I'll have to re-evaluate my methods it looks like.

@Boots - I got that program from a few friends of mine that were bulking up and I saw results but plateaued. Rest wasn't much of an issue as I didn't go full out just kept increasing weights every week or two depending on progression.

@JB - Probably should be looking at more cardio...haven't done much in a long time. Hate it, but it's a necessary evil.

Thanks guys, looks like it's research time again!

Good tips guys thanks! I'll have to re-evaluate my methods it looks like.

@Boots - I got that program from a few friends of mine that were bulking up and I saw results but plateaued. Rest wasn't much of an issue as I didn't go full out just kept increasing weights every week or two depending on progression.

@JB - Probably should be looking at more cardio...haven't done much in a long time. Hate it, but it's a necessary evil.

Thanks guys, looks like it's research time again!
I hate cardio too, but I switch it up so it doesn't get boring. Intervals, stairmaster, punching bag etc. I've done too many hour long runs to be excited to do it again.

Started out at 143

10 months later...

9d71606fa335f3bb0066fe9b0a4114fa.jpg

Started out at 143

10 months later...

9d71606fa335f3bb0066fe9b0a4114fa.jpg

I started out at 155lbs and up to 170lbs after about 10-11 months as well...I hoped it was all muscle...sadly it is not :(

@boots @mimico_ploak I gained that much at BurritoBoyz last night?
Seriously though, boots has definitely developed a lot more muscle. Keep up the good work!

@boots @mimico_ploak I gained that much at BurritoBoyz last night?
Seriously though, boots has definitely developed a lot more muscle. Keep up the good work!

Mmmmm....BB...delicious! Although I've only had it once and yet to go to a meet..

Tried to put on my boots a few days ago and felt some sharp pain my lower back on the left side...still feeling it. No gym until that goes away :(

Not sure why people are so caught up in splitting up their workouts. Iirc it has been shown that full body workouts are more beneficial to all but elite athletes and bodybuilders.
In your case @mimico_ploak especially, with wanting to tone up, a full body workout with cardio 2 days on 1 day off 2 days on 2 days off (with light cardio on day 6) would be the right way to go for you imo.
**please take my advice with a grain of salt, as I am a Fat Bas**rd. But I really enjoy reading, and back when I was into it, I found this approach gave me the best bang for my time. Ymmv.**

Because everyone's body responds differently would be one example.

Because everyone's body responds differently would be one example.
I get that totally. I'm just saying that whenever someone gets into working out, I hear them talk about splitting up their workouts. They seem to think that it is the only way. Then they go to the gym, don't go 80-90% (just half @$$ it) and then need 2 days to rest that body part. Then they eat like I do, and can't figure out why they don't see any gains.
If you are looking to put on size, then I agree. Train hard and use your split workout. But I still feel that for the majority of gym goers, a full body workout is most beneficial, and at minimum a starting point. Again, just my view.

I get that totally. I'm just saying that whenever someone gets into working out, I hear them talk about splitting up their workouts. They seem to think that it is the only way. Then they go to the gym, don't go 80-90% (just half @$$ it) and then need 2 days to rest that body part. Then they eat like I do, and can't figure out why they don't see any gains.
If you are looking to put on size, then I agree. Train hard and use your split workout. But I still feel that for the majority of gym goers, a full body workout is most beneficial, and at minimum a starting point. Again, just my view.

Well with your example of people you hear going to the gym neither a split routine or full-body workout is going to work for them so I still don't understand your reasoning.

Well with your example of people you hear going to the gym neither a split routine or full-body workout is going to work for them so I still don't understand your reasoning.
Bad example, I'm sure. And I didn't help sell my viewpoint with it.
For me, if I went back to the gym, I would never go so hard that I would need to do a split routine. I don't need my tris to pop. I would want to lose weight, get toned and be healthy. And I believe that can be attained with a full body workout, with exercises that work multiple muscles. If I wanted to get bigger, then I believe that I would get bigger gains by doing a concentrated split routine, that would give each body part adequate rest for recovery.
Once again, fat guy, and only offering an alternative viewpoint. In any case, anyone doing a split routine that has found themselves at a plateau, would benefit from a 4 - 6 week change over, would you agree?

Only thing I would agree with is if you're hitting a plateau a change needs to be made (with the issue whether it be a stale routine, bad diet, not enough sleep, over-training, etc).

Your original blanket statement was that people shouldn't be hung up on split-routines when full-body workouts (and I hope people looking for advice don't believe this). It's not as simple as that. Besides what works for certain people, it also comes down to fitness level, # of training days per week and where they occur in the week, other physical activities, goals, etc.

Variety is key. Nothing wrong with trying full-body workouts in my opinion.

I was just writing a post when your post came through @Hardwrkr13, and I see that I did phrase it as a blanket statement. Some people will benefit more, for their goals, with a full body workout, imo.
Again, I do not expect (or at least hope ) that anyone would take my, or anyone's advice from here as gospel. Always do your own research and see what works for you.
And looking back at your post, yes fitness level etc. that you mentioned, I thought, were a given to my statement. Again, did not mean to mislead anyone.
Maybe I'll stick to the Burrito thread.

I do Muay Thai for the last +-16 years... teach it now but still train, just less.

Girlfriend fights. Here is her fight in Thailand 1.5 years ago. Her very first EVER Muay Thai fight :)
[video=youtube;eK0HdkqdPKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0HdkqdPKc[/video]

Best ever cardio/muscle toning/etc...
Art exists for about 2000 years ;)

Back
Top Bottom