Working out! Fitness! Nutrition! | Page 85 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

The old
Making some decent back gains recently. Still a long way to go on those lats though despite the fact that my pullup and Lat pull down game is going strong
746918eb22e146b00f1ceea087f6fedf.jpg

Sent from my raven
And the new. Obviously different lightings as well.
e9c32ccf57d01f333892e024acd0099a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Damn I just realized that first picture was only taken in October. Huge gains in a short time.

Anyone else in to rock climbing? I've been indoor climbing a couple o times a week since March. I'm total shyte but love it. I've been mostly climbing at True North in Downsview park, but recently also started bouldering at Hub in Markham

Gotta love the resolutioners. Can't find a single open machine

Specific reason why I like my ghetto Snap Fitness gym. Instead of the usual 5 people in the after work rush hour, there are now 8

That's why I love the small home gym I set up in my little basement. Not the most comfortable...not a lot of equipment...but damn is it convenient (missed about 2 weeks during Christmas...10 month old kids are fast and busy!)

Dumbbell set, bench press, squat rack, lat pulldown, etc.

Looking to put together a power rack from Fitness Depot.

Just wondering if anyone has experience setting one up.

I'm currently building one as the basement will be finished this week. Treadmill for winter cardio as well as battle-ropes and a box for varied exercises. I'll be adding a power rack with chinup bar, safety bars, bar hooks, etc but I haven't decided which rack yet. A separate pull-down machine is $250ish which includes a low-pull so if I choose a rack that doesn't have a pulldown attachment option I'll just add this separate machine. A 250lb free weight set with additional 45lb plates.
Dumbbells are so pricey that I'll be hunting kijiji for a set (dislike the octagon ones btw as they always feel weird).

I've got something similar....I picked up the following for my gym:

Fitness Depot
- Northern Lights Crossbox half-rack c/w spotter arms
- Olympic barbell
- Super EZ Curl Bar

Kijiji
- 300lbs of rubber weights
- weight stand
- PowerBlock U90
- Adjustable Bench

Has been working great for me and highly recommend Fitness Depot.

@Hardwrkr13 - When I was looking to outfit my gym with weights and benches, there was a single guy on Kijiji that would buy up every piece of equipment and then double the price within 24hrs. I got lucky a couple of times where I was able to beat him to a sale but the sellers always told me there was a very aggressive buyer that kept pushing to buy. If you look enough for squat racks and weights you'll see his add, I can check later but he uses the same opening line, and postal code (he changed it a few times). Used weights are not much cheaper than brand new weights (especially rubber olympic plates) so sometimes you're better off going to Fitness Depot for 88c/lb.

Don't know how you guys do home gyms. Weights are so expensive. One time I got lucky and bought 3 45 pound Olympic plates for 7 bucks in loonies and toonies cause the guy wanted them gone. Turned that into 110 bucks profit shortly after.

Speaking of injuries, I don't think I've posted in here in a while.

So back in November I think, I had a big step back in my lower back recovery. I bent down to grab something, felt a pop and just excruciating pain. Had to lay there on the ground until my GF could come pick me up. Went to the ER the next morning (I went night of but it was jam packed so decided to just come back), got xrays to confirm nothing structurally damaged.

Started physio, started to see good recovery and then somehow developed a pinched nerve in my lower back causing pain down my left leg in certain positions. I think this happened in December at some point, and still hasn't gone away. The actual lower back pain is pretty much gone now which is great, but this pinched nerve/pain in my leg leg just won't go away. Can't even tell if it's getting any better or worse.

I coach hockey, last week everything wasn't feeling bad so decided to put on skates and get the ice for the first time since November. Just a few minutes of skating and shooting pucks around aggravated the lower back pain and made the leg pain worse.

My wish for 2017 is to get over this back issue and start lifting again.

Edit: On top of that, just a couple of weeks ago I think I developed some kind of tendon/ligament strain in my left bicep. Not sure what happened there, but now I can't even do my basic upper body workout I've been doing since hurting my back. Frustrating as hell.

I hope you had an MRI.

I have 2 slipped disc (disc bulges) that ive been dealing with in my lower back for a year and a half due to improperly lifting something. Until i identified the issue (MRI) and got the proper physio and exercises to keep it from slipping back out i was dealing with pinched nerves on both sides about every 3-4 months. The last time i was limping around for almost 2 days and had tingles in my thighs.

You`re at physio, did the doctor diagnose Siatica before prescribing it?

Again, if you haven't gone already. You need an MRI.

Slipped discs can herniate and this is bad news and usually means surgery..who the F wants to get back surgery. Excessive pinching of the nerve can lead to the nerve failing completely and you losing entire motor control of that limb. I assume this was already explained to you by the physio peeps but just putting it here for general knowledge.

PM me if i can be of any help.

Last edited:
Anybody have a home gym?

Been thinking about adding a bit to the basement and thanks to this thread for reminding me, I just found a bench and weights off Kijiji. I like using the Bosu ball, stability ball and kettle bells. Also have two bikes as trainers and a treadmill, but the most important part of the gym is a big TV with Netflix!

Don't need one :D I have a Trials bike!

Back
Top Bottom