Working out! Fitness! Nutrition! | Page 86 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

Anyone ever try intermittent fasting?

Might give this a shot when my cut starts in February but I'm curious to know your results.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Might give this a shot when my cut starts in February but I'm curious to know your results.

In my experience:

Counting Calories will net you better results if your plan is to cut weight.

The theory of intermittent fasting is you will give your body times to do things it otherwise could't do (cell regeneration, etc).

Dr Mercola (sp?) and Dave Asprey of the Bulletproof diet talk about the many health benefits of IF, but as the reply above states, I have yet to read anything that would make me think it would be as helpful for what you want to achieve

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

ive tried it before for a couple of months but didn’t see major results. I think it works great if you change your overall eating habits instead of just restricting the times of eating.

i just ate the same amount and same foods within my 10am-7pm window.

Actually I think I’ll try again but include a more mindful attentiveness to my intake. Too bad I love food so much!

Thanks for the replies. Another question I ha e is does anyone here do jujitsu? If yes where and how much are you paying for this?

Thanks for the replies. Another question I ha e is does anyone here do jujitsu? If yes where and how much are you paying for this?

Try Matador at the corner of 27 and 7.

I've seen that but I'm curious of the price because they don't have their website. I'm also curious how it works if it'll fit into my gym routine.

I've seen that but I'm curious of the price because they don't have their website. I'm also curious how it works if it'll fit into my gym routine.

Did you look into Revolution MMA? They have a location on Langstaff near Dufferin. I believe membership is yearly and they offer a whole wack of kickboxing, combat fitness, BJJ etc classes.

I was seriously considering it before i had my back issue.

My cousin used to go there iirc and a former coworker as well. Not sure if you ever met him.

I have been intermittent fasting for over a year now. Typically eat between 12-8. I have recently been cutting my calories and am now at 1500 a day between 10-6. I think this is the only reason I didn't balloon when I wasn't really watching my intake. Usually quiet active 5 days a week or so.

I did the military diet over the weekend Friday to Sunday as a bit of a jump start to losing some weight. Looking to hit 185-190, at 6'1" with a muscular build I went from 199 to 195 in 3 days.

Going to try and stick to the 1500 calories a day and the gym 4-5 days and a night of basketball for the next while and turn it into more of a lifestyle. There will be cheat days as I am human.

I have been intermittent fasting for over a year now. Typically eat between 12-8. I have recently been cutting my calories and am now at 1500 a day between 10-6. I think this is the only reason I didn't balloon when I wasn't really watching my intake. Usually quiet active 5 days a week or so.

I did the military diet over the weekend Friday to Sunday as a bit of a jump start to losing some weight. Looking to hit 185-190, at 6'1" with a muscular build I went from 199 to 195 in 3 days.

Going to try and stick to the 1500 calories a day and the gym 4-5 days and a night of basketball for the next while and turn it into more of a lifestyle. There will be cheat days as I am human.

Just be aware the body will eventually adapt to any routine. Throwing in a day of 1800 or more wont hurt you, polish off a bag of your favorite snack or something on Saturdays.

Isn't 1500 calories too little for a male your size? Or even most men in general?

He's pretty close to his target weight so he has to be aggressive. I was doing 1600 @ 5"10 and dropped from 205 to 190 in 3 months or so. No exercise and cheater day weekly.

Damn Im eating 2300+ a day sitting at a pretty lean 5'8 190. I think if I wanna shred this summer I'm gonna have to cut that down to around 1600 plus intermittent fasting plus cardio which is going to be brutallll

Damn Im eating 2300+ a day sitting at a pretty lean 5'8 190. I think if I wanna shred this summer I'm gonna have to cut that down to around 1600 plus intermittent fasting plus cardio which is going to be brutallll

Just count calories and hit the gym, no intermitent fasting required.

I will definitely be having some chips and beers as the time passes. I'm just in my early 30's but was starting to get a bit of a belly, I figured if I'm aggressive and take care of that now I can skip the how did I end up 30 lbs or more over weight and the hard battle of trying to change my entire lifestyle and really working hard to drop.

At 1500 I don't find I'm all that hungry until the evening around 9 when I feel I could have a snack. I skip that and have a large shaker bottle full of water and the craving is gone then I'm off to bed.

Managed to have a great workout yesterday after work and all was well with energy levels, I actually only left because I felt bad for the dog.

been training for about 5 years (off for the past year because injury and lazy), for quality instruction you will be over $100 a month, try and google your instructor and make sure he / she is legit, lots of people out there pretending to be someone they are not.

Maybe counting calories will give me that holy $#!+ moment I need. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm in the 4000/ day range.

Maybe counting calories will give me that holy $#!+ moment I need. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm in the 4000/ day range.

It's really not too difficult after the first week or so you shouldn't feel so hungry.

Just limit portion sizes of everything to what you can fit in the palm of your hand. Do basic calorie math, no ones saying break out the calculator. Don't eat anything after 7/8pm. I think its important for a lot of people to realize that making this sort of change doesnt mean you stop having those snacks, slice of cake, cookie, whatever. Eat what you want, just make a mental/written note of it and take it off at the end of the day; i.e. at work i had a donut (lets say 400cals), so if by dinner time ill go over my target then cut back on the portions at dinner. If you aren't happy with what you`re eating you likely won't maintain the routine. That's also the key word here, once you get into a routine of eating at certain times and portions you wont give it another thought.

I find starting with a small breakfast really gets you ahead of the game, 1 or 2 of the yogurt cups is 100-200cals. Small snack at 9/10am (handful of almonds, small bag of chips) is another 200cals or so. Sandwich for lunch, let's say 500 cals. This gives you 700 cals for dinner if your target intake is 1600cals/day.

Last edited:
Sometimes it’s just about eating the right foods...and eliminating the wrong foods. Wife and I just finished Day 3 of Whole30. Will let you know how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom