2011 Moto GP? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

Stoner will be the 2011 MotoGP champ.
The bike is perfect for him, it's been in development by the Spanish monkey who just happens to be about the same size as Stoner. And he's been lighting up the lap times since he got on it.
Rossi will be used to attract fans to MotoGP this year. I'd like to see more but I don't think it's ll happen. Honda has too much development.

I'll chime in here.
I would love for Rossi to win it, but it looks as though it would be a long hard road to the title..... it will be a good year for the development of the GP11 and just maybe he can comeback to win it in 2012?.....(finger's crossed as I would love for him to win a title on the Ducati)
Yamaha..... Lorenzo will be eager to win a 2nd title in a row, especially since he is out of Rossi's shadow now at team Yamaha. Spies will hopefuly finish in top 5 overall, I don't know if he can win it this year but he has promise!
BUT Honda has 3 rider's all of whom are capable....Stoner has shown he can win a title, and Pedrosa has it in him to win also (if he doesn't crash and avoids injury) and Dovi, he will be a contender for it, but possibly in the shadows of both Stoner and Pedrosa. Honda has 3 rider's to gather and gain data and expierence from, if no Honda rider wins....I would question Honda's ability in building a 'wining' bike like they had back in the mid to late 90's and early 2000's.
I have no predictions here.....it's too much of a 'up in the air' season for me....a lot of the players have changed and there are lots of great talented riders in the paddock, who knows what may happen.....
I am just so excited for this 2011 season...... that being said....Go team Ducati! :p :cool:

Two weeks to go to the opener.

OK, a little early but it's coming fast.

I just re-subscribed for my HD Videopass!! Cannot wait for Qatar!

I'd like to see Cal Crutchlow get to speed with the bike. I remember watching him on the R6 he won WSS with.. A very skilled racer indeed.
Other then that, my hopefuls for winning would have to be Stoner or Spies. I'm betting Stoner.. but Spies is on fire for a MotoGP rookie.

One week to go!

I'm a master of the obvious, I know.....

My trifecta.

Stoner Lorenzo Danny (after he pulls the holeshot and falls back at the end)

Last edited:
So very excited! :D

Watched the FP1 review and waiting for the FP2 session Friday.

Cannot wait for the race Sunday!

Last edited:
Anybody with an iOS device should get the MotoGP app...its FANTASTIC (although kinda steep for $24 :S :S :S)

Anybody with an iOS device should get the MotoGP app...its FANTASTIC (although kinda steep for $24 :S :S :S)

I got it last year and really enjoyed it, so much so I will get it again this year! :)

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2011/03/hondas-secret-gearbox/

“Obviously HRC is not using anything illegal, but it’s true that we have something new on the transmission that currently allows for faster gear changes,” says HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto. “We are not talking about a DCT, but I can’t tell you how it works…because I don’t know!”

HRC has twice now admitted to the existence of a “secret” (their word) gearbox on its factory MotoGP bikes and speculation in the paddock is its this which is giving them such a significant lap time advantage in pre-season testing.

Some insight into why HRC are doing so well.

Yeah, that or Casey Stoner is just a friggin animal.

Stoner is a beast no doubt...but for the past I would say 2 or 3 years HRC has been coming on strong with some really fantastic bikes, this new gearbox might be what puts them over the top.

Man those Honda's are dominating!
Like I said earlier, if Honda can't build a wining bike....it looks like it all comes down to their riders performance and fitness.
FP3 and Repsol Honda has the lockdown on the top 3 spots and track time.
I just hope Ducati and Yamaha and the others can compete, as I personally love to see good battles and a tight championship.
I await the European circuit's results....

Anyway excited for qualifying and of course the race this Sunday! :)

I'm really liking Pedrosa this season. And I think if anyone can give the Repsols a run this season might be Spies??

Casey is going to be tough to beat.But i think Rossi is sandbagging.

Back
Top Bottom