2011 Moto GP? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

actually, I was thinking the opposite.

Rossi gets the first line of R&D from Ohlins and he'll be developing the fork(and the rest of the chassis) for that bike specifically.

The big motor will bring back the true riders, those who can ride the bike from the back end instead of being forced to rely on the front end.

Rossi is behind Hayden 2 places, or am I the one reading backwards

Sorry, I only looked at Day 1, where Hayden was behind.

The big motor will bring back the true riders, those who can ride the bike from the back end instead of being forced to rely on the front end.

I agree, and have been waiting for it since the announcement was made!

Ya i'm not holding too high expectations for him in 2011. The other bikes just have so much development in them that trying to completely re-vamp a bike in an off season is a pretty tall task. Cant wait for the playing field to level out in 2012 and hopefully see everyone struggle a bit with setup. Lorenzo's bike doesn't even seem to barely ever so much as wiggle underneath him.

isn't that what all the experts said when he went to Yamaha?????

Ya but lorenzo is really really fast on the yamaha now, going to be a lot harder for rossi to put an even better package together in a season.

I'm desperately hoping that lorenzo isn't going to be able to figure out how to get his 1000 setup.

Stoner is going to be good. Spies will do well. Jorge will panic if everybody else stays healthy and keeps it on two wheels. I predict a great season to come! 2012. Suzuki and Kawi will be competitive again.

BMW is already testing in Jerez with their 1000cc prototype.

Well, not a full BMW team bike but a BWM powered Suter VDS MotoGP team.....

Marc-VDS-Racing.jpg

Yea, a prototype possible entry but it's interesting none the less :)

Ya but lorenzo is really really fast on the yamaha now, going to be a lot harder for rossi to put an even better package together in a season.

I'm desperately hoping that lorenzo isn't going to be able to figure out how to get his 1000 setup.

Valentino is a phenomenal development rider. It's easily justifiable to say that the yamaha motos would not be anywhere near where they are today if it wasn't for Val's help in development. Watch Faster, and listen to what the experts say.

When Val was on the Honda he was the best rider on the best equipment. When he moved to Yamaha he was the best rider on mid-pack equipment. If it wasn't for his involvment, Lorenzo would not be riding as good a bike as he is today.

They are out and no sign of coming back. Suzuki are also doubtful that they will enter the 2012 season at all.

Valentino is a phenomenal development rider. It's easily justifiable to say that the yamaha motos would not be anywhere near where they are today if it wasn't for Val's help in development. Watch Faster, and listen to what the experts say.

When Val was on the Honda he was the best rider on the best equipment. When he moved to Yamaha he was the best rider on mid-pack equipment. If it wasn't for his involvment, Lorenzo would not be riding as good a bike as he is today.

I very much agree with this as well, regardless if Ducati does well this season they will be getting a lot of valuable feedback from Rossi. His best attribute seems to be his ability to provide feedback to the engineers to improve the bike. I believe last year after he was hurt he rode the WSBK yamaha to see where he was at and provided them feedback on the bike. The next race crutchlow won the race and attributed it solely to Rossi's input.

On a side note, Simoncelli is the fastest of the entire test....could be the dark horse for the season?

Last edited:

I'll be curious to see how Lorenzo does with the continual development of that bike.

Day 3 -

Honda looks strong again. Simoncelli on the Gresini Honda!

1. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 0.757s (42 laps)
2. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.811s (42 laps)
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 0.845s (46 laps)
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.945s (51 laps)
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.002s (60 laps)
6. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.241s (44 laps)
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.353s (63 laps)
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 1.534s (60 laps)
9. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 1.651s (32 laps)
10. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 1.842s (52 laps)
11. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 2.030s (42 laps)
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.057s (48 laps)
13. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.159s (57 laps)
14. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 2.645s (29 laps)
15. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.717s (44 laps)
16. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 2.916s (55 laps)
17. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 2.965s (41 laps)
18. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Honda Test Rider 2m 3.452s (3 laps)
19. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 3.621s (32 laps)
20. Nobuatsu Aoki JPN Suzuki Test Rider 2m 4.700s (46 laps)

Ha I guess I can take the "" " off of full factory support.

4 Hondas.

Interesting thread with interesting views. And it'll certainly be interesting to see the Rossi effect on both Ducati and Hayden. There HAS to be good competition this year otherwise it'll be another year of processions. TBH I prefer WSBK for the racing.

Interesting thread with interesting views. And it'll certainly be interesting to see the Rossi effect on both Ducati and Hayden. There HAS to be good competition this year otherwise it'll be another year of processions. TBH I prefer WSBK for the racing.

I started watching WSBK a few seasons ago and couldn't agree more, but this is still my number 1 for whatever reason. When all my favourite riders retire, I guess we will see what happens.. that is sort of what led me to quit watching hockey, so I am going to try and avoid that outcome.

I've tried over and over to watch WSBK. I can see why people enjoy it, but I just can't get into it. It could be the simply psychological effect of knowing that the riders in WSBK are there because they're not in MotoGP. I will say though I was intrigued when Spies was there. Mainly because he went from AMA to WSBK so I was curious to see how he'd perform. But now that he's in MotoGP, I lost interest again.

I've tried over and over to watch WSBK. I can see why people enjoy it, but I just can't get into it. It could be the simply psychological effect of knowing that the riders in WSBK are there because they're not in MotoGP. I will say though I was intrigued when Spies was there. Mainly because he went from AMA to WSBK so I was curious to see how he'd perform. But now that he's in MotoGP, I lost interest again.

Agreed I loved wathching Spies and Haga in WSBK but last year was dull and I lost interest midway through the season. Although I really hope to see Rea in Moto GP next year, love wathcing that kid ride def pulling for him to win the title this year.

Eugene Laverty will be the one to watch in wsbk, he will bring some life back to the series, by far the quickest rider in wss last year.

Back
Top Bottom