2011 Moto GP? | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

its official that lorenzo is out!!!!! stoner just needs to get 10 points and he will win the championship!!!
that will be nice if stoner wins the chapionship racing in "stoner"island

Last edited:
Buddy of mine who is lucky enough to be at the race this weekend is BBMing me telling me Jorge crashed and injured his hand and is officially out of the race. Which means Stoner could be the WC for 2011 unless he fails to finish. (Unlikely) How boring.

From SuperbikePlanet,

"Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo crashed his Yamaha M1 in the final
moments of this morning's MotoGP warm-up practice session at Phillip Island.
Lorenzo suffered an injury to his left hand in the crash and may not be able to
make the race.
Lorenoz and the Yamaha team are consulting with doctors at the moment.

If Lorenzo does not ride, it gives Casey Stoner a clear path to win the
MotoGP title on home soil.

Knowledgable sources say that Lorenzo has lost a section of his left ring finger
and is being sent to hospital for surgery. American Ben Spies will also not race
the Australian Grand Prix. Spies was diagnosed with a concussion from his
previous crash and advised not to ride."

dude most people won't see the race until tomorrow, don't spoil it for everyone.

dude most people won't see the race until tomorrow, don't spoil it for everyone.

K. Sounds good as was the race.:p
Tomorrow, uh today, is supposed to be dry so time for riding.:D Diehard racers and fans will have watched or followed it live.

Anyways.
Have a great day!

Sigh, I wish the world champion would of come down to the last race at Valencia. I love watching those races where 2 or more riders may win the title depending where they finish that day.
Hopefully the 2012 season will provide this.
Anyway congrats to the riders on the podium, and to the 2011 world champion.

The rain at the end there made it a bit more interesting but you know nobody will beat Stoner on his home track....

Goodonya mate!

A real WC.

Hope LOLenzo can get over his horrible accident.... it will take a lot of time and rehabilitation to regrow a fingernail. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

The rain at the end there made it a bit more interesting but you know nobody will beat Stoner on his home track....

Goodonya mate!

A real WC.

Hope LOLenzo can get over his horrible accident.... it will take a lot of time and rehabilitation to regrow a fingernail. :rolleyes:

:lmao:
would you do a track day after you lose the tip of your finger?

"

What more can a racer ever ask for in his life. On your 26th birthday, you win your race, at your home GP, and seal your second World Championship, on your dream bike and dream team you always wanted to ride. Not only that, with both your parents there and your wife to see it all. It honestly could not get better than that for Casey and his family. Good on him.

would you do a track day after you lose the tip of your finger?

"

Would you do a MOTOGP race as the defending world champion is more the question...

I suppose not when you know you haven't got a chance in hell of winning it again. :)

I'm not the only one who thinks it anyway. Even the commentator said it after the start of the race. If he was leading by 5 going into this one he would have sucked it up but no.... because he knows he isn't a real WC so why start acting like one?

He's another Haden. Took it when nobody else seemed to want it. I suspect his career will follow the same path or probably a path like good old Max Biaggi.

Max who?

Exactly.

Would you do a MOTOGP race as the defending world champion is more the question...

I suppose not when you know you haven't got a chance in hell of winning it again. :)

I'm not the only one who thinks it anyway. Even the commentator said it after the start of the race. If he was leading by 5 going into this one he would have sucked it up but no.... because he knows he isn't a real WC so why start acting like one?

He's another Haden. Took it when nobody else seemed to want it. I suspect his career will follow the same path or probably a path like good old Max Biaggi.

Max who?

Exactly.

Max's problems have had more to do with attitude than riding ability and he's done pretty well for himself in wsbk. Max who? the reigning wsbk champion, that's who.

I'm not a Lorenzo fan but to say he took it because no one else wanted it is just stupid.

D23, who?

Exactly.

Agree, Lorenzo's form last year is shown with his record holding total points in a season by any rider, yes, that's more than Rossi ever had in one season.
He didn't "luck out or grab the title when no one wanted it" last year, he rode faster, better and more consistent than anyone else probably ever in one single season. For those who don't know he had 383 points last season. Even with Stoner's domination this year, and if he wins the last two races, he'll still max out at 375 points, that shows you how dominant Lorenzo was. I'm not a Lorenzo fan either, far from it, but can't take credit away from him last year.

I'm happy to see Stoner win this year. Next year should be close racing as everyone should be on new 1000 bikes, but news is those CRT teams that applied and got accepted just disappeared with the exception of one or two teams, and some don't have bikes and some don't have riders yet. There may actually be less bikes on the grid next year with factory and private teams downsizing and CRT teams seemingly disappearing.

WSBK should be good next year though. Laverty on a factory Aprilia with Melandri on a factory BMW.

Max's problems have had more to do with attitude than riding ability and he's done pretty well for himself in wsbk. Max who? the reigning wsbk champion, that's who.

I'm not a Lorenzo fan but to say he took it because no one else wanted it is just stupid.

D23, who?

Exactly.

I see, because I don't hold a title on a world level I can't have an opinion and I'm stupid...

I guess it begs to ask then, what world series have you won?

I'm not surprised you failed to see the "Max who" reference as in MOTO GP since it is GTAM and it tends to have a lot of thoughtless replies that quickly fall to personal insults because people get all butt hurt about what they read here....

Sigh.

Jia, no offense but if nobody shows up and you win, by default of being the only guy out on the track it's kinda hollow. <--- don't take this as literally next butt hurt commenter.

As far as Rossi goes, I'm sure he and his 7 WC titles give a **** :)

It's just my opinion that Lorenzo will never see the title again. He's good, but he isn't good enough.

WSBK should be good next year though. Laverty on a factory Aprilia with Melandri on a factory BMW.

And Honda finally have they **** together in WSBK took 3/4 of the season to happen.

I see, because I don't hold a title on a world level I can't have an opinion and I'm stupid...

You're welcome to your opinion and I have no idea if you're stupid or not... but your opinion is wrong and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I got what you were getting at about Max and Moto GP but just because you're not in GP doesn't mean that you're nobody...

You're welcome to your opinion and I have no idea if you're stupid or not... but your opinion is wrong and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

OK then, so why not just say.... nothing and let it go?

How can my ****ing opinion be wrong?

Because you think so?

Answer the question.

I want to know what makes your opinion worth more than mine that you can call me stupid for having one.

First I was, now you don't know. The **** you don't know you said it already.

Jia, no offense but if nobody shows up and you win, by default of being the only guy out on the track it's kinda hollow. <--- don't take this as literally next butt hurt commenter.

As far as Rossi goes, I'm sure he and his 7 WC titles give a **** :)

It's just my opinion that Lorenzo will never see the title again. He's good, but he isn't good enough.

I'm not taking anything away from Rossi, I like the guy. I'm just not quite getting the "no body shows up" part (I know not literally...) as Dovi, Pedrosa and Stoner were all in the right way to win last year. None of those guys were new comers or on new bikes. Even Rossi had chance to win. Him getting injured was his mistake, not luck on Lorenzos part. It's what racing is. Injuries come with racing, preventing injuries is all part of showing your skill level. That is one reason why Rossi has 9 titles, his ability to not get injured and still consistently podium and win races. Your logic may more apply to Hayden winning in 06 as he only won 2 or 3 races that year, hardly dominating. But winning is winning, doesn't have to be in dominant fashion. If others crash and you're not, you're already the better rider. Trust me I don't really want Lorenzo to win another title either, and you may be right he may not. But I think he certainly possess the skill to win another one. If you don't that's cool too!

EnglishJ, touche. The Honda's finally are up to speed (all it took was some fly by wire!) and I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this) Aoyama will fair better than Xaus....I really hope someone buys the factory Yamaha bikes to field next year...a certain Shaun Muir from SMR (SWAN Yamaha BSB) perhaps? (is Tabacco sponsorship banned in WSBK?) or maybe he'd need another sponsor. He's got the rider (Hill) and maybe field someone crazy like Brookes.

Don't forget Chaz Davies gets a Ducati ride next year in WSB.

Looking good for WSBK in 2012.

Someone just needs to sign my boy Gino Rea.

Back
Top Bottom