2011 Moto GP? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

Bike Average shift time (ms) Ducati 42 Yamaha 27 Honda 8
According to one of the journalists over at GPOne.com, Filippo Preziosi said he believed that Honda's gearbox was probably worth around 0.2 seconds a lap.

Yamaha needs something new for sure.

What's up with Spies??

According to Two Wheels Blog "Someone on Ben Spies’ team really messed up today, they left a tool that is used to temporarily block the fuel overflow pipe in place and this caused all the American’s problems and mining his confidence which caused him to crash."

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6...-left-on-ben-spies-bike-wrecks-havoc#continua

Lorenzo and Spies were testing a new engine on Monday in Estoril that is supposed to bridge the gap with the hondas on the power side, Corner exit speed is another issue since that is due to the new gear box the Hondas have

Someone can correcte me if I am wrong

Ben Spies said on interview they did not test engines.

IMO the most exciting part of the test was that the Suter Marc VDS BMW S1000RR powered 2012 MotoGP machine was there testing using Bridgestone 2012 spec tires. Too bad no times posted for them, or have video of the test. Curious what the BMW Inline 4 with a GP spec Akra exhaust (the can looking identical to the Yamaha M1 can) sounds like in full swing.

Last edited:
According to Two Wheels Blog "Someone on Ben Spies’ team really messed up today, they left a tool that is used to temporarily block the fuel overflow pipe in place and this caused all the American’s problems and mining his confidence which caused him to crash."

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6...-left-on-ben-spies-bike-wrecks-havoc#continua

Ben Spies said on interview they did not test engines.

IMO the most exciting part of the test was that the Suter Marc VDS BMW S1000RR powered 2012 MotoGP machine was there testing using Bridgestone 2012 spec tires. Too bad no times posted for them, or have video of the test. Curious what the BMW Inline 4 with a GP spec Akra exhaust (the can looking identical to the Yamaha M1 can) sounds like in full swing.

Anyone riding this Suter machine?

http://www.suterracing.com/en/suter500.html

i don't need any subscription to see it, i can watch it for free here
The subscription is totally worth it, you don't have to watch it life if by any chance you are busy, also it gives you all interviews, after race press conferences, all the practice sessions including qualifiying and the full race for all 3 motogp, moto2 and 125 and much more.

I will get it every year from now on.

The subscription is totally worth it, you don't have to watch it life if by any chance you are busy, also it gives you all interviews, after race press conferences, all the practice sessions including qualifiying and the full race for all 3 motogp, moto2 and 125 and much more.

I will get it every year from now on.

I agree +100% !

Le Mans started today!!!! :)

Thoughts on this years race?

So far Stoner is on top with the Honda after FP2.

Excited for Sunday's race!!!!! :D

Hope it rains :) ...... Rosi got a new chassis, he looked like he was all over the place, not sure how well it was working.
Only interesting thing is to see if Simoncelli is finally going to finish a race and where in the greed he will finish, like the way he rides very aggressive but always in the ground.
Spies disappointing as always on practice, 11 I think. Let's see of he does better on Q.
It will probably be an interesting race with the 3 hondas going at it and Lorenzo in 4th struggling to catch up is my prediction. I think QP is up, gonna go watch

Last edited:
'Young MotoGP riders are pussies' - Valentino Rossi.

Looks like Simonchelli is going to get his balls busted again after the pass that took out Pedrosa. Only this time Pedrosa's collar bone's broken. He's not exactly "winning friends and influencing people." It's too bad, he's talented but takes too many risks.

'Young MotoGP riders are pussies' - Valentino Rossi.

I believe Edwards also said that in the Thursday conference and in jest, he stated that he 'retracts' that statement right after....nothing to be seriously taken.

On another note....
What a race!!!!!! So much drama!!!!!
Simoncelli needs to race smart along with the fast that he has shown he can be. Unfortunately his actions do not look good to teams, sponsors, fans, and the media who eat this stuff up.

To all who haven't seen the race, go watch it, it won't disappoint!!!!

Last edited:
I don't really know what to make of Marcos pass... there are obvious pros and cons to it. Wasn't a clean pass, that's for sure but a stop/go is extreme when they could have just as easily given him a time penalty so he could contest the decision and have the telemetry tell the story. Looked pretty dirty tho....

What I did find funny was Lorenzos pass on Dovi. Pretty much exactly what Lorenzo was all mad at Marco about... smashed him from behind to pump him off the line.

Kinda two faced IMO but he's a little ***** anyway so I'm not surprised.

Well done on Rossi's part to podium on an obviously slower bike.

Casey looked lonely out there. When he's on he's on...

It was an exciting race! very sad for Pedrosa what happened.
I like Marco but here he really didn't give any chance to Pedrosa, the poor guy had nowhere to go but in the rear wheel of Marco!
I believe the ride through penalty was the least they could give him.
Stoner is THE man, no questions about it!

Back
Top Bottom