2011 Moto GP? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

Well what else would it be? Your not implying that the rider had somthing to do with it?! Those moto gp bikes practically ride themselves......into the gravel :)

More details on the three-rider 2011 Honda team.

“So at the moment it looks like at 15 races we will be able to have one huge garage,” confirmed HRC's communication & marketing director Livio Suppo, “Just in some circumstances it may not be possible because of the pit layout.

“And no wall.”

“Some of the data will be shared but not all. This is because our three riders are team-mates, but also competitors,” said Nakamoto.

“There is some data that is more related to the set-up of the bike and set-up of the bike can be more up to the rider. This can be an advantage sometimes, so it is correct that they can keep it.”

"We have enough resources to adapt to all three riders,” he said.

So Honda will make three different factory bikes if needed?

“Each rider always has a different machine [in some way], but the base is very similar for all three riders,” Nakamoto replied.

The question of team orders was also raised, with Nakamoto asked what will happen if one HRC rider is clearly ahead of the others at the middle of the season.

“If this case happens I will think,” he said. “At this moment I think we have three riders who can fight for the title until the end of the season. This is what I hope and believe.”

This season, each Repsol rider will have two electronic engineers.

I don't expect championship contention from Ducati/Rossi this year. The beginning of the season will be tough, with Rossi's bum shoulder combined with the general enigma that is the Ducati MotoGP bike. But I think some race wins in the latter half of the season are possible.

"Rossi revealed that the limited movement from his shoulder means he loses half a second on the straight simply because he cannot tuck himself in behind the fairing. Braking and turn-in is also difficult. "

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/16...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss,

1/2 a second a lap is a lot to make up.

Last edited:
I'm sure he was, but you don't get points or trophies for not finishing. I'd give him an A for effort though. And as the old saying goes, "To finish first, you must first finish."

for sure... I was just speaking as to why Stoner crashed while Hayden finished. I do like Hayden better, just sayin'.

Ducati probably know they have to take it easy with Rossi and get Niki to calm down. Maybe the two testing together can bring Niki back from the curse he gave himself.

They went all out on this new bike too so it's all new stuff they have to get sorted. I agree with the coming on strong mid season.

Ducati_gp9.jpg

Another factor that has to be considered is the new engine spec next season - how will it affect development this season?

I'm new at this whole thing guys, can someone explain how one particular bike tends to crash itself?

Just follow the logic...

If you remove the rider from the bike, then see if it makes it past the first corner. Nope. Crash.

If you remove tires from a bike, they go too slow to crash.

On the other hand, all bikes that have won races had riders on 'em.

The only logical conclusion is that if you're slow it's the tires, if you crash it's the bike, and if you win it's the rider. In fact, there are no bad riders out there, only riders who haven't won races yet. I, for example, am an awesome rider with bad tires and so far, a good bike (knock on wood).

So after a few days testing (yes, it's only testing), Honda is FAST. The factory (Repsol) and Gresini (San Carlo) boys are putting up top times. Yamaha is next fastest, with Spies and Lorenzo putting up decent times. Third, surprisingly, is Suzuki. They have had a really tough go in the 4-stroke era (the Bridgestone bump they had a few years ago not withstanding), so it's a pleasant surprise to see Bautista in the top 10. Ducati brings up the rear. I suppose this was to be expected, and Ducati still have a lot of work to do. As a Rossi fan, I hope they improve.

Tuesday
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.574s (52 laps)
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.977s (44 laps)
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 2.024s (61 laps)
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.295s (52 laps)
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 2.332s (29 laps)
6. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2m 2.422s (65 laps)
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.483s (65 laps)
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 2.507s (57 laps)
9. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.514s (60 laps)
10. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 3.152s (63 laps)
11. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Honda Test Rider 2m 3.224s (49 laps)
12. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 3.365s (30 laps)
13. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 3.508s (65 laps)
14. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 3.695s (63 laps)
15. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 3.767s (59 laps)
16. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 4.009s (62 laps)
17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 4.238s (64 laps)
18. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 4.470s (52 laps)
19. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 4.717s (58 laps)
20. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 5.235s (48 laps)

Wednesday
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.770s (39 laps)
2. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.434s (44 laps)
3. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.508s (60 laps)
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.512s (48 laps)
5. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.522s (42 laps)
6. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.534s (58 laps)
7. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.563s (35 laps)
8. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2m 1.687s (63 laps)
9. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 1.722s (33 laps)
10. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 2.093s (45 laps)
11. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 2.379s (62 laps)
12. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.426s (50 laps)
13. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 2.597s (42 laps)
14. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Honda Test Rider 2m 2.619s (47 laps)
15. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 3.032s (38 laps)
16. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 3.047s (56 laps)
17. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 3.466s (47 laps)
18. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 3.910s (51 laps)
19. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 4.026s (58 laps)
20. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 4.142s (56 laps)

Last edited:
The fact that Rossi is already consistantly ahead of Hayden, even with the shoulder, and complete lack of familiarity with the bike... should make it easy for me to laugh at my girlfriend, since she is a Hayden fan and I like Vale. :)

Ok, so, if I'm racing and I crash, I'm supposed to blame the bike??
No you're supposed to blame your lack of ability to setup the bike properly. I think you're going to see the same thing from rossi this year that we saw from stoner last, which is that when he tries to carry his fastest pace he ends up landing on his head from losing he front.

In contrast i dont think you'll see stoner going down anywhere near as much on the honda as he did the duc. I'm no expert but i'd think it'd be kind of hard to race a GP bike with a complete lack of front end feel...

No you're supposed to blame your lack of ability to setup the bike properly. I think you're going to see the same thing from rossi this year that we saw from stoner last, which is that when he tries to carry his fastest pace he ends up landing on his head from losing he front.

Right, I'll write that one down too, hopefully my new ducatis work better

We may see otherwise with Rossi.

Rossi has been the Top Ohlins rider for some time, he gets the new stuff before anyone else.

If you've watched closely over the years, rossi has consistently been using a different fork than anyone else that was using Ohlins gear(everyone outside HRC who uses showa)

Rossi had been developing the Ohlins gear specific to the bike he was on(yamaha) which may not really work that well for the duc, regardless of the internal config.

Rossi had been developing the Ohlins gear specific to the bike he was on(yamaha) which may not really work that well for the duc, regardless of the internal config.

Ya i'm not holding too high expectations for him in 2011. The other bikes just have so much development in them that trying to completely re-vamp a bike in an off season is a pretty tall task. Cant wait for the playing field to level out in 2012 and hopefully see everyone struggle a bit with setup. Lorenzo's bike doesn't even seem to barely ever so much as wiggle underneath him.

Back
Top Bottom