2011 Moto GP? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

D23

Banned
Site Supporter
It will certainly be an interesting year.

These are just my personal thoughts on it and if I'm wrong feel free to pull it back from the dead end season but I want to hear what everyone else thinks too.

One year from the 1000cc change can mean the teams can all go in different directions.

Vale: Moves to Ducati to team with finishes 4th-6th Haden. No pressure from a team rivalry but on a tempermental bike that can win but likes to go down a lot.

Haden: See Above.

Lorenzo: I don't see why he couldn't win but something about him,... I never liked and don't think he is a dynasty. Maybe this year but not 2012+

Spies: Keeping in tune with not liking Lorenzo so much, I would love to see Ben score more points for Yamaha than Horge but his odds of being top three are stacked against him. Podiums yes but to win it, longshot of the season.

Casey Danny Dovi: I expect the most drama perhaps ever from this team given the combination of talent (what would the team order be here exactly?)and the fact that Honda is on it's game easily fielding a winning bike/rider combination each race.

As for the rest of the field...

Any outside shots to join the top 3 or top 5?

Simoncelli with "full factory support"? :)

Last edited:
Thanks tips.

Besides your typical strawman GTAM argument do you have any pics for the season?

Any contribution to a motorcycle thread on a motorcycle forum?

Since you can dismiss my opinion as stated with yours you should be able to call the entire season.

Or do you not know anything about it?

I mean you must, since here you are taking a dump in it.

I think Stoner or Pedrosa probably are going to be fighting for the top all season with a few wins from Yamaha and Ducati.

I think Rossi will come on strong later in the season but still place top 5 for most races. Spies will be top 5 as well as Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Dovitsioso, but it's hard to say who will win because each one has their tracks where they have that extra speed. If stoner doesn't crash his bike......he'll be upfront as well.

Rossi will come out of the gate with a top three finish in the first race and never look back.
Hayden will be depressed Rossi is so fast and start eating cheeseburgers and get fat.
Stoner and Dani will both be very fast but hate each other and get fined for a slapping girls fight in the pit areas.
Spies is as fast as Lorenzo, takes him out in a corner fight. The wall goes back up in the pit area, Lorenzo hits on Spies mom.

the season as I see it.

I'll be surprised if Rossi can gain success early on with the Ducati. Having said that, he's surprised me many times before. I'm expecting big things from the Repsol Honda team but I'm not quite sure they'll be competitive enough with Lorenzo's Yamaha and his consistent riding to fight for the championship.

I'm very much looking forward to the 2011 MotoGP season.

It's a bit of a shame everyone's focus, primarily the media's, is on Rossi...

Official Lap Times - MotoGP Valencia Test, November 2010

1 Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda Team) 1:32.066, 63 laps
2 Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) 1:32.179, 30 laps
3 Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) 1:32.322 49 laps
4 Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini) 1:32.450, 63 laps
5 Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team) 1:32.497, 48 laps
6 Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) 1:32.583, 91 laps
7 Alvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) 1:32.738, 86 laps
8 Randy De Puniet (Pramac Racing Team) 1:32.836, 73 laps
9 Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda Team) 1:32.942, 68 laps
10 Hiroshi Aoyama San Carlo Honda Gresini 1:33.105, 83 laps
11 Hector Barbera Paginas Amarillas Aspar 1:33.168, 100 laps
12 Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) 1:33.325, 34 laps
13 Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) 1:33.483, 74 laps
14 Loris Capirossi (Pramac Racing Team) 1:33.740, 88 laps
15 Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team) 1:33.761, 70 laps
16 Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing) 1:33.793, 68 laps
17 Toni Elias (LCR Honda MotoGP) 1:34.800, 86 laps

Stoner_448p.jpg

This is a motorcycle forum?

You still owe me a beer for that call I made on Dungey last year Mr., What was it again.. <scrollng up> Tips.
Mr Tips. What do you know about motorcycles? I thought you were on this forum because you were into computers.

Cant EVER rule Rossi out. He was never suppose to win on the lazy Yamaha but he took the championship in year one. Nobody but Stoner is suppose to be able to ride the Duc....... Rossi is motovated and will be getting mucho attention being Italian. Woudlnt surprise me to see him do very well.
Jorje is always strong and will be again. Pedrosa will have a bone to pic with HRC and will be riding possesed (although I cant freakin stand him). Dont forget Divioso (sp) if he can stay on the bike. Stoner is a wildcard depending on if he can ovcercome his illness/depression issues. Spies will do well and surprise everyone. Doubt he will be a championship contender but he will place well.

- Motorcycles are cool! My buddy has a really fast one.

- What kind is it?

- It's one of those really fast ones with all the plastic. I think it's like an R6 or somthing.

- ..........cool

Stoner is fast and seems to qualify well, he just seems to have a hard time finishing a race, wether it's due to pushing too hard and over riding the bike or another issue this year should clear up a few things. Btw if it really was the bike how come Hayden managed to finish the race while stoner was making sand casltes?

Last edited:
- Motorcycles are cool! My buddy has a really fast one.

- What kind is it?

- It's one of those really fast ones with all the plastic. I think it's like an R6 or somthing.

- ..........cool

Stoner is fast and seems to qualify well, he just seems to have a hard time finishing a race, wether it's due to pushing too hard and over riding the bike or another issue this year should clear up a few things. Btw if it really was the bike how come Hayden managed to finish the race while stoner was making sand casltes?

I don't know the numbers but I can guarantee that Stoner was ahead of Hayden nearly every time he crashed.

I'm sure he was, but you don't get points or trophies for not finishing. I'd give him an A for effort though. And as the old saying goes, "To finish first, you must first finish."

Im really looking forward to this season.... Hoping for Rossi to show the Americans idol up....

Also curious to see suzuki's year.... One rider team??? And most likely following kawi's footsteps for 2012...... Gahhhhhhh

I'm new at this whole thing guys, can someone explain how one particular bike tends to crash itself?

Mike bike crashes by itself all the time.

Last night I gave it a hug before going to bed (it stays in my bedroom) when i woke up this morning it had highsided itself into the kitchen and broke my fridge. Either that or my cat has attained the dexterity to ride it.

Pfft

I got the equation right here actually!

Bike + Stoner \ race(not qualifying or practice)= low side in less then 10 laps and a quick shot of his hot wifes reaction.

OK here is my Top 5 for the season:
1. Stoner
2. Spies
3. Lorenzo
4. Dovizioso
5. a red bike

Back
Top Bottom