Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 216 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
What does the pox that is IMBA have to do with bad cops?

Lots of other good posts in this thread about law enforcement (enforcing laws) and not about bad cops. Didn't want to start a thread and didn't see a better existing thread in the last 6 months or so. By all means repost it elsewhere if you want. I thought it was an interesting story and there's a number of mountain bikers in the motorcycle community and here.

Cheers

Last edited:
I want to listen to the birds chirping and you want max volume acid rock.

I want to BBQ a pork roast but you're Muslim and resent the smell.

I want to leisurely enjoy the winding road and you want to test your skills by scraping the pegs.

You want to get out in the cold fresh air and blast through the wilderness on your snowmobile and I want the forest critters to have a peaceful winter nap so they will be fluffy and exuberant in the spring.

The list is endless.

We all need our own space and sharing is not permitted

So Three Ontario Cops Walk Into A Courtroom...

Almost makes you wait for the punchline doesn't it?

What was the statute/precedent in Ontario law that allowed LEO's to dismiss evidence against them as long as the had two other officers corroborate their testimony? Is it still in effect?

I want to say Carter but I can't remember?

Re: So Three Ontario Cops Walk Into A Courtroom...

Context?
The OPP pull over an unmarked TPS Tahoe doing 200Km/H on Hwy400, strong smell of alcohol and a 3/4 empty box of Moosehead on the backseat.

If said Toronto Police Services officer can provide two additional officers to swear in court that they were with him all night and he wasn't drinking, all other evidence is deemed in error.

Can you provide a link to the story, or is this a hypothetical, urban legend? You mention calling the alibi officers to court, what charges were laid?

I can't imagine a scenario where the OPP wouldn't have called a supervisor, to the scene. No cop is going to put their own career on the line for an officer, especially one not on the same force.

If indeed an accused, (officer or not), can provide credible, alibi witnesses, then the court must take that testimony into account

Context?
The OPP pull over an unmarked TPS Tahoe doing 200Km/H on Hwy400, strong smell of alcohol and a 3/4 empty box of Moosehead on the backseat.

If said Toronto Police Services officer can provide two additional officers to swear in court that they were with him all night and he wasn't drinking, all other evidence is deemed in error.

Wouldn't smelling of alcohol only be just cause for a breathalyzer test and empties don't count. More specifics are needed unless this is a hypothetical situation.

A LEO will protect another LEO to some extent but I thought there was a bit of friction between the OPP and TPS, one thinking the other prima donnas.

Did they also swear he wasn't doing 200km/h? Even without radar a dashcam would make that obvious. And the alcohol being within reach isn't a matter of opinion either. Nor is inebriation if the OPP officer followed protocol.

This has the stench of fake news all over it.

And the alcohol being within reach isn't a matter of opinion either.

As long as the container has original seal on it, this isn't a crime.

I took "3/4 empty box" to mean there were empties, or partial empties, but maybe not. Fake stories often overlook little details like that.

I am waiting for this story to be put into an election ad by the Fiberals, saying Doug Ford condones officers driving at 200 km/h while impaired....lmao

I guess that the OP also realizes, how sill this entire scenario sounds, and in spite of his anti cop rhetoric, has discovered that there is no link to a story that likely never happened.

Did they also swear he wasn't doing 200km/h? Even without radar a dashcam would make that obvious. And the alcohol being within reach isn't a matter of opinion either. Nor is inebriation if the OPP officer followed protocol.

This has the stench of fake news all over it.

For a start, Toronto Police have a couple of Tahoes, but to the best of my knowledge none are unmarked.
These are specialty vehicles which are assigned to special units.
There would be no point in their being unmarked.
If you trace the story back it probably started with some guy who was ****** about a speeding ticket.

Context?

Do you have a link to the article?

Back
Top Bottom