Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 198 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
Re: Copblock.org

So you can charge your car up to the point that you cannot use it for cover, claim that you thought your life was in danger based on that action, and shoot a kid with a toy gun without repercussion. The Prosecutor referred to it as a "perfect storm of error." I call it blatant incompetence, resulting in death.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...ent-regarding-tamir-rice-grand-jury/77975810/

So you can charge your car up to the point that you cannot use it for cover, claim that you thought your life was in danger based on that action, and shoot a kid with a toy gun without repercussion. The Prosecutor referred to it as a "perfect storm of error." I call it blatant incompetence, resulting in death.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...ent-regarding-tamir-rice-grand-jury/77975810/

Out of all the terrible police shootings I have seen in the news over the year this one bothers me the most.

Not really that surprising, but none the less: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ten-handled-in-secret-star-investigation.html
My guess is nothing will be done about it :rolleyes:

Having an internal method of censure is a necessity, to deal with simple work behaviour issues and the like. The issue is that they're using it for serious issues, including illegal acts. That sort of thing needs to be handled by the legal system, not some wrist-slapping internal procedure.

Here's why police officers probably shouldn't be involved in "combat shooting" competitions.

https://rideapart.com/articles/police-officer-accidentally-shoots-motorcyclist-blames-muscle-memory

I don't know if all cops are being trained this way today but it seems like the officer shouldn't have drawn his weapon in that situation. There was no threat. At most he should have released the holster's thumb-lock and had his hand on it ready to draw it but there was no need for the weapon to be drawn and pointed at a speeder who just pulled over.

And if he did absolutely have to draw the gun his index finger should have been in the ready position, not on the trigger.

No wonder so many people are being shot needlessly by police.

I don't know if all cops are being trained this way today but it seems like the officer shouldn't have drawn his weapon in that situation. There was no threat. At most he should have released the holster's thumb-lock and had his hand on it ready to draw it but there was no need for the weapon to be drawn and pointed at a speeder who just pulled over.

And if he did absolutely have to draw the gun his index finger should have been in the ready position, not on the trigger.

No wonder so many people are being shot needlessly by police.

There are places in the US, like Flint, Michigan, where if you are pulled over for speeding you're likely to have at least one gun pointed at the back of your head, from the get-go.

There are places in the US, like Flint, Michigan, where if you are pulled over for speeding you're likely to have at least one gun pointed at the back of your head, from the get-go.

That probably depends on were you come on the color wheel. Im not saying American cops are racist but...no i am.

That probably depends on were you come on the color wheel. Im not saying American cops are racist but...no i am.

I think it's been well established, from a police officers pov, every citizen is a potential threat. That's the bottom line. Bonus points awarded on profile basis.

For Speeding??????

Back
Top Bottom