Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 212 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
At minimum, gross unprofessionalism. At worst, an open yearning for an overt police state.

http://www.alternet.org/activism/st-louis-cops-taunt-demonstrators-chilling-chant-after-clearing-streets?amp

TL: DR Guy in AB passes cop at 101 in a 100 and gets ticketed for speeding. Social media uproar ensues. Ticket gets dropped. Here's where things get interesting.

"“Upon further review, they did only estimate the driver’s speed and they did not record or measure it on a radar and laser as they indicated on the ticket,” Sturgeon County spokesperson Gwen Wolansky said.
The peace officer who issued the ticket is not facing any punitive action for the error, according to Wolansky."

So the cop lied in writing on a legal document and doesn't face any repercussions.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ticket...r-speed-limit-disrespecting-officer-1.3595863

Last edited:
TL: DR Guy in AB passes cop at 101 in a 100 and gets ticketed for speeding. Social media uproar ensues. Ticket gets dropped. Here's where things get interesting.

"“Upon further review, they did only estimate the driver’s speed and they did not record or measure it on a radar and laser as they indicated on the ticket,” Sturgeon County spokesperson Gwen Wolansky said.
The peace officer who issued the ticket is not facing any punitive action for the error, according to Wolansky."

So the cop lied in writing on a legal document and doesn't face any repercussions.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ticket...r-speed-limit-disrespecting-officer-1.3595863

This could get brought up by some lawyer(s) during another case for a ticket written by the same cop.

James Forcillo, who is appealing his conviction in the 'attempted murder' of Sammy Yatim, has been picked up by Toronto Police while in breach of his bail conditions (house arrest).

James Forcillo, who is appealing his conviction in the 'attempted murder' of Sammy Yatim, has been picked up by Toronto Police while in breach of his bail conditions (house arrest).

It's a miracle this actually happened. Normally the blue line would dictate a ride home. I would guess he interacted with another person that would have made disappearing his breach impossible to contain.

Independent of any criminal trial, he was a LEO that knowingly violated a court order. That should be good enough for immediate termination from any LE agency.

It's a miracle this actually happened. Normally the blue line would dictate a ride home. I would guess he interacted with another person that would have made disappearing his breach impossible to contain.

Hopefully there will be more news on this soon. The level of personal arrogance this shows is ridiculous. Knowing that you would be recognized by virtually any police officer you would see and expect NOT to get picked up for the breach?!

Hopefully there will be more news on this soon. The level of personal arrogance this shows is ridiculous. Knowing that you would be recognized by virtually any police officer you would see and expect NOT to get picked up for the breach?!

http://www.cp24.com/news/const-james-forcillo-arrested-for-breaching-bail-terms-siu-1.3679007

The officer convicted of attempted murder in the 2013 shooting death of 18-year-old Sammy Yatim has been arrested for allegedly breaching the terms of his bail, the province’s Special Investigations Unit says.
Constable James Forcillo was arrested by Toronto police this morning. He made a brief court appearance before being remanded into custody.
The SIU has not said how Forcillo breached the terms of his bail.
Forcillo’s lawyer, Michael Lacy, said he can’t say what condition was breached.
In 2016, Forcillo was sentenced to six years in prison for attempted murder in connection with a second volley of shots fired at Yatim on board a Dundas streetcar after the teen was already down.
The officer was acquitted of second-degree murder in connection with the first volley of shots.
Forcillo was out on bail pending an appeal of his conviction. His bail was set to expire in October of this year, but it was recently extended to April of 2018 because of his ongoing appeal.
Lawyers for Forcillo have asked the appeal court to substitute a not-guilty verdict or order a new trial.
He is also seeking a declaration that the mandatory minimum sentence for attempted murder is unconstitutional, and wants to be granted a suspended sentence. Barring that, he wants his sentence reduced to the minimum five years.
Forcillo is expected to make his next court appearance Friday morning

I was under the impression he was under house arrest, couldn't go out other than pre-cleared appointments. Does house arrest count as time served?

As far as Forcillo goes nothing will bring back Yatim. I would like to know:

What about the person/s that hired Forcillo? Still on the job?

What about the cops that committed perjury? Still on the job?

What about the cops that stood around doing nothing when a hysterical whack job was waving a gun around. Still on the job?

Who tasered the bullet riddled body? Still on the job?

I was under the impression he was under house arrest, couldn't go out other than pre-cleared appointments. Does house arrest count as time served?

As far as Forcillo goes nothing will bring back Yatim. I would like to know:

What about the person/s that hired Forcillo? Still on the job?

What about the cops that committed perjury? Still on the job?

What about the cops that stood around doing nothing when a hysterical whack job was waving a gun around. Still on the job?

Who tasered the bullet riddled body? Still on the job?

DING DING DING. we have a winner

What an idiot. He moved.

He split from his wife and his release condition was he had to stay in the matrimonial house. That was ugly so he applied to the court to move but moved anyway prior to approval. I get it, living with your ex-wife would suck, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense for her to hotel it for a week until the court approves him moving.

from cp24.com

The officer convicted of attempted murder in the 2013 shooting death of 18-year-old Sammy Yatim is back in custody after he was allegedly found at a new address in violation of his bail conditions.
Constable James Forcillo was arrested by Toronto police at around 7:30 a.m. this morning and his arrest was announced by the Special Investigations Unit. He made a brief court appearance shortly after 11 a.m. before being remanded into custody.
According to Peter Brauti, one of Frocillo’s lawyers, the alleged breach stems from Forcillo’s effort to move to a new residence as a result of his recent divorce.
“His bail conditions were that he had to reside with his wife, which is now his ex-wife, which is obviously an uncomfortable situation for everyone,” Brauti told CP24.
“Efforts were being made to change his residence and in fact we had a motion before the court for this coming Thursday and what happened is as a result of checking on the new address to see if it was suitable, Officer Forcillo was allegedly present at the address and shouldn’t have been.”
In 2016, Forcillo was sentenced to six years in prison for attempted murder in connection with a second volley of shots fired at Yatim on board a Dundas streetcar after the teen was already down.
The officer was acquitted of second-degree murder in connection with the first volley of shots.
Pending his appeal, Forcillo was under strict bail conditions that stated he had to reside with his now ex-wife at their home in Vaughan at all times, except for medical emergencies, court appearances, and other strict circumstances.
Forcillo’s bail was set to expire in October of this year, but it was recently extended to April of 2018 because of his ongoing appeal.
Lawyers for Forcillo have asked the appeal court to substitute a not-guilty verdict or order a new trial.
He is also seeking a declaration that the mandatory minimum sentence for attempted murder is unconstitutional, and wants to be granted a suspended sentence. Barring that, he wants his sentence reduced to the minimum five years.
Brauti said that he expects Forcillo will be granted bail again, but that it will depend on the evidence about the alleged breach of his conditions.
“I would expect he’ll be granted bail again as a result of this. That’s what any normal person would get under these circumstances, they would get bail reissued. I expect that he will,” Brauti said.
He added that lawyers haven’t yet had a chance to fully review the circumstances of the alleged violation.
Ed Upenieks, a lawyer for the Yatim family, said the alleged breach shows a lack of respect for the system.
“It calls into question his respect for the legal system and for the bail conditions,” Upenieks said.
Forcillo is expected to make his next court appearance Friday morning.
He remains suspended without pay pending his appeal.
- With files from The Canadian Press

i still don't know how he is convicted on this crime and has not spent anytime in the clink.

can some one please explain this to me?

Ed Upenieks, a lawyer for the Yatim family, said the alleged breach shows a lack of respect for the system.
“It calls into question his respect for the legal system and for the bail conditions,” Upenieks said.

Once again blame everyone but the idiot with the knife who refused police orders. The cops life is falling apart, but lets go back to the poor innocent baby who was turning his life around, waving a knife on a crowded street car.How about the lack of respect Yatim had that night on the street car?

i still don't know how he is convicted on this crime and has not spent anytime in the clink.

can some one please explain this to me?

Three words; right of appeal. It's the same that pretty much anyone else could get while awaiting the results of a post trial appeal. Given his actions which saw him be remanded to custody today, that might change.

Once again blame everyone but the idiot with the knife who refused police orders. The cops life is falling apart, but lets go back to the poor innocent baby who was turning his life around, waving a knife on a crowded street car.How about the lack of respect Yatim had that night on the street car?

No argument that the guy with the knife refusing police orders was at least in part responsible for his own fate; the whole situation wouldn't have happened otherwise. BUT ... The case has gone through the courts. The courts came up with a decision. The decision was that the police officer was guilty of an offence, and a serious one at that, i.e. the officer could have, and should have, acted differently under the circumstances. At this point, we have to respect the decision that the courts have made, and they ought to have all available facts in the case. We, as internet keyboard warriors, don't necessarily have all available facts.

It will be interesting to see what happens now, as this appears to be a big mess.

The kid paid the price for his actions. This is about the cop paying the price for his actions.
His life should be falling apart... faster than it is. He should already be rotting in a jail cell.
The lawyer represents the Mother, not the dead kid.

What an idiot. He moved.

He split from his wife and his release condition was he had to stay in the matrimonial house. That was ugly so he applied to the court to move but moved anyway prior to approval. I get it, living with your ex-wife would suck, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense for her to hotel it for a week until the court approves him moving.

The bail condition is probably that he lives with her.. his surety.

Independent of any criminal trial, he was a LEO that knowingly violated a court order. That should be good enough for immediate termination from any LE agency.

I think the SIU went by to check out the new place and he was already there. He was requesting the bail changes to allow him to live there with whomever and they came by to do an inspection... He would have been in court today to try and get his conditions changed.

Back
Top Bottom