Parry Sound Sport Bike Rally! Use it or lose it!!!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parry Sound Sport Bike Rally! Use it or lose it!!!!

And 15 minutes further from Parry Sound. The event was great when it was in downtown Parry Sound, It was central and the folks who made a weekend out of it were all nearby. It was a good atmosphere, bikes everywhere all weekend long, etc etc.

Now there's even less reason for people from Toronto to go into Parry Sound. I guess that town just doesn't want the money.

So now I am getting some people saying it is too far, so now that it is 20 minutes closer to Toronto, I am getting, it should be 20 minutes further and in the town. I am beginning to see the problems the organizers are dealing with.

I am just looking for suggestions people and it's great that I am getting them. I agree that when it was in town and they closed off the main street that that was the best of times. Keep the suggestions coming!

The event is 9km closer to Toronto, I dont know where you're getting 20 minutes from.

Secondly, I imagine most people who were complaining about the location change were complaining about it being too far from PARRY SOUND, not from TORONTO. It was called the PARRY SOUND Sportbike Rally and its no longer in Parry Sound.

The event is 9km closer to Toronto, I dont know where you're getting 20 minutes from.

Secondly, I imagine most people who were complaining about the location change were complaining about it being too far from PARRY SOUND, not from TORONTO. It was called the PARRY SOUND Sportbike Rally and its no longer in Parry Sound.

Probably my error, Foley is just down the road from my brothers place and when I drive in a car, it always seems like a 20 minute drive, but I have been told I have time issues, my appologies

markham fairgrounds, where they kept darknights....., and they're gonna get stupid amount of people attending.

as for giving us a town, i dont know how this gets me excited.

vendors achieve something with more people there.

im def not going back to parry sound, too far and a tensioned ride(looking out for the Poalice).
also 2up.

Last edited:
markham fairgrounds, where they kept darknights....., and they're gonna get stupid amount of people attending.

as for giving us a town, i dont know how this gets me excited.

vendors achieve something with more people there.

im def not going back to parry sound, too far and a tensioned ride(looking out for the Poalice).
also 2up.

The problem is talking the city of Markham doing anything like that. I am heavily envolved in the Perf Automotive market and Dark Nights was a political nightmare for the city of Markham. (not to mention the insane police presence) I wish we didn't have all these political hoops to jump through, but obviously , they are there. The way I see it, if PArry Sound is willing to do this for the sport bikes, we should try to make suggestions so that it can be made the way we would like to see it organized.

Parry Sound was a good event because surrounding roads are nice. You go up there for a weekend, see some old friends, check out the show in the middle of the town randomly, go riding out in the country, etc etc. This is why when the show itself was in downtown Parry Sound it was so accessible and made everything a better atmosphere.

Having it in Markham would be retarded and defeat the whole purpose.

I think the rally in Perry Sound is awesome. We go every year and last year was just as good. Of course there is going to be Police Presence, as there is at ANY event like this (car, bike etc). The town seemed very accommodating to us, and we will DEF go back again this year.

It will be impossible to please everyone, and all you can do is look for suggestions, and take the ones most voiced. There will always be people who just look to find reasons to complain. Like all things in life.....its what you make of it, and the attitude you carry while doing so. ;)

Parry Sound was a good event because surrounding roads are nice. You go up there for a weekend, see some old friends, check out the show in the middle of the town randomly, go riding out in the country, etc etc. This is why when the show itself was in downtown Parry Sound it was so accessible and made everything a better atmosphere.

and once again, I see we obviously cannot make everyone happy, I agree that it was a great weekend rally, but now I am seeing most bikes seem to run up Saturday morning and leave Saturday night. In the original state , the rally was in Folley at the fairgrounds so everyone could have free camping and the local firefighters were in charge. As it got bigger they had to move it into Town and the Town took it over. The lack of attendance over the last few years may be why they moved it back to Foley, thinking that is what was wanted by the riders?

The first sign of trouble was when they moved it back out of downtown Parry Sound (2007 or 2008??). I don't remember the town's excuse or reasoning, but after that year the attendance went down and the show lost steam.

There is no question about it. Moving the location out of downtown Parry Sound is what caused the drop in attendance.

The first sign of trouble was when they moved it back out of downtown Parry Sound (2007 or 2008??). I don't remember the town's excuse or reasoning, but after that year the attendance went down and the show lost steam.

There is no question about it. Moving the location out of downtown Parry Sound is what caused the drop in attendance.

I wonder what everyone would think of having the venders ect... down at the salt docks where they had the supermoto races a few years back?

I think the rally in Perry Sound is awesome. We go every year and last year was just as good. Of course there is going to be Police Presence, as there is at ANY event like this (car, bike etc). The town seemed very accommodating to us, and we will DEF go back again this year.

It will be impossible to please everyone, and all you can do is look for suggestions, and take the ones most voiced. There will always be people who just look to find reasons to complain. Like all things in life.....its what you make of it, and the attitude you carry while doing so. ;)

I agree, all I am doing is trying to see where we can help the rally improve. If we do not say anything, the organizers will have to assume everything is just as it should be. I will be forwarding all this info to the organizers

i hear ya,..... 2010 was my first, i stayed about 3-4 hrs and left, i didnt get the experience involved, heard about the after ride,....but the 20 bikes i rolled in with was ready to leave for toronto, so i bounced too.

biker boyz blocko is my speed, MUSIC is important , crowd is in party mood, not bored.

If you're just going up there for the 'show' and not to ride any of the roads it's an absolute waste of time. The show isn't gonna be worth the mind numbing ride.

Ive gone to about 6 or 7 rallies. I always have a great time going. I love getting my bike ready the night before and leaving first thing Saturday morning and hitting the nice roads going north. I usually dont purchase from the vendors, but I enjoy seeing all the different bikes and talking to people I meet. I usually only stay for a few hours, then hit all the nice roads going south. I think its a great way to spend a Saturday in July

The first signs of trouble were a few years before Mike Maloney and Cycle Canada divested themselves of the event ... everything since has been a slow, graceful spiral down the toilet-bowl since then.

The first signs of trouble were a few years before Mike Maloney and Cycle Canada divested themselves of the event ... everything since has been a slow, graceful spiral down the toilet-bowl since then.

The first one I went to was in the downtown core. Vendors, show & shine and dyno truck all together. A short ride to the supermoto/stunt races Saturday night which was after the vendor booths were closing down. Watch the races. Back to the hotel and then out on the town. Many $$$'s to the town of Parry Sound. My last trip? I bought a hot dog at the Foley showground, threw it back up, spent 5 minutes looking at the vendor and ****** off back to the surrounding roads.

A bike rally not run by bikers. Only in Ontario.

Last edited:
The traditional location of the rally was the Foley Fairgrounds. For whatever reason, it was moved downtown. I haven't gone the last couple of years, apparently it's back to Foley. I don't have a problem with it one way or the other.

Having this happen on the same weekend as a race weekend results in at least some loss of attendance. www.cdnsuperbike.com and www.shannonville.com and www.soaracing.ca have the schedules in question. Also www.vrra.ca for what it's worth.

But the big problem ... is HTA 172.

If everyone is scared of the cops enforcing the letter of the law - if they see a front wheel just a teeny bit off the ground and the bike is seized, or if some cop sees a bunch of bikes travelling together a bit above the speed limit and calls it "racing" and seizes the whole lot - then it is NO FUN and this is what *everyone* is scared of.

I know that in the past, there was often a fair amount of leniency shown, I've seen it myself. And I know it's too much to ask of the OPP to state in black and white "We're not enforcing HTA 172 for the duration of the weekend". But ... It's a big issue.

..... biker boyz blocko is my speed said:
+1....first blocko was last summer and I'm definetly planning to attend the next !

damn straight, why would anybody go near Parry Sound during the rally weekend? way to risky

Back
Top Bottom