Ice racing in Ontario/Quebec? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ice racing in Ontario/Quebec?

Bumping this thread from dead! Where are all my ice racers at?

Digging up some old threads.

Anyone going ice racing this season? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a dual sport. Figured I might as well do it with a few weeks left in the road season to get the feel for the bike. Then there's a month or so to prep it for some ice racing!!

I heard the OCMC only allows George Jones tires, kinda sucks since there are better tires out there to use. They're missing out on some riders because of it.

I heard the OCMC only allows George Jones tires, kinda sucks since there are better tires out there to use. They're missing out on some riders because of it.

What other tire makes are there available? Ice racing is completely new to me. Figured it'd be a fun way to spend the "off season" and learn some new skills.

Not sure who makes them but there is a guy in Quebec that makes them. Literally, it's like being on rails. George's are good don't get me wrong, but these are the best I've ever riden on IMO

Picked up the dual sport today. Yamaha wr250x (the supermoto wheel version). Aiming to grab dirt/ice wheels ready for the freeze.

No ones out doing this wacky stuff? I saw video from Mr. Burns one some 100cc bikes and looked like all types of awesome fun!

Best get some good ice tire covers,,,those like most wreck everything,,floor,driveway,trailer and of course your studs.
I know a guy,,

lol! thanks John but the set I bought came with some great covers.

I do need to bring my race suit and a leather street jacket to you for some repairs/alterations though.

No ones out doing this wacky stuff? I saw video from Mr. Burns one some 100cc bikes and looked like all types of awesome fun!

lol! thanks John but the set I bought came with some great covers.

I do need to bring my race suit and a leather street jacket to you for some repairs/alterations though.
I saw a few guys I know from SOAR and RACE out at the OCMC ice races this past weekend. Gonna try and make it out to watch one.

I know this is a old thread but does any one know what kind of studs are used in George Jones ice tires? Or even better where I can buy them? I picked up a used set of tires and would like to replace some/all of them.

I know this is a old thread but does any one know what kind of studs are used in George Jones ice tires? Or even better where I can buy them? I picked up a used set of tires and would like to replace some/all of them.
Pictures of the fasteners you are trying to match might help.

Also wondering; If there is interest in developing this crazy obscure motorcycle sport?
(given some unique rules of engagement tailored to suit a potential riding area and safety considerations)

GP Bikes apparently has them.

Holy I'm cheap, the screws I have been using were 22$ for 1000

Pictures of the fasteners you are trying to match might help.

Also wondering; If there is interest in developing this crazy obscure motorcycle sport?
(given some unique rules of engagement tailored to suit a potential riding area and safety considerations)

Here is a pic. I will also check out gp bikes.

thanks

64E5B2B1-7056-4FC8-A900-F3CA3802BB14.jpeg

Those look very close to the ones Kimpex sells. (holliday racing)
except with finer thread which really is not a good thing for rubber,

I think I found them. These look exactly like them. The Holliday ones look like a different thread.

View attachment 41709
yep, thread looks fine, course thread is better in rubber, more course the better,
in true ice tire studs the thread part is bigger then the head and there is zero benefit to them being pointed.
4714_1d_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom