Garmin MapSource .GPX file | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Garmin MapSource .GPX file

just a little bump for the new season

Just updated the files. 89 routes now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort Splash!

I downloaded your file awhile ago but was too lazy to fart around with it on Mapsource.

For those of you that don't have Mapsource or just want to take a quick peek at the map you can
CLICK HERE.

The link is supposedly "temporary" so I'll have to reupload/refresh it occasionally.
It's too much work to make it a permanent link.

Thanks for the effort Splash!

I downloaded your file awhile ago but was too lazy to fart around with it on Mapsource.

For those of you that don't have Mapsource or just want to take a quick peek at the map you can
CLICK HERE.

The link is supposedly "temporary" so I'll have to reupload/refresh it occasionally.
It's too much work to make it a permanent link.

Good idea... Thanks

Last edited:
I added a google map HTML to the zip file.

How do you load these on to a garmin nuvi, ive tried a few things and nothing works!!

From what I know you have to load MAPSOURCE onto your computer first then transfer what ever route you want from Mapsource to your Garmin.

Has anyone been able to transfer this file onto a Garmin Nuvi. I have a 2360 and I tried using POI loader and it didn't work. Mapsource wouldn't install because I don't have the original.

I transfer all the time. I have a cd called Mapsource, from Garmin. (came with my Garmin 2720, which has been discontinued) I open Mapsource, which is a map of what's in my gps. I plot the map on the Mapsource map in my computer, hook up my gps via usb cord to my puter, and then click the Transfer button on my Mapsource app. Mapsource searches for the Garmin gps connected to the puter, and then transfers the map into my gps where I can later retrieve it from inside my gps and follow the map on my bike. I never look at the map, but plug in an earplug to my gps and listen to route instructions on high volume. Not all gps units have earplugs though, but at least you will have the required route in your gps. :)

Last edited:
If you are familiar with Torrents, you can find the app. called Mapsource at Demonoid.me and download the app. free. I have never done it. Maybe you will need some sort of password to load up the app, I don't know. I know you will need the torrent app installed on your puter.
Also www.motowhere.com/listpaths/country/43/region/37/city/5884 has many gps routes worldwide, which you can download to your puter as gpx files. You still may need Mapsource to go further with these files.

Thanks for the information OldCoot.. I should be OldCoot2.. anyway, I have Mapsource on my computer and I can load in the gpx file, but when I transfer I don't see where you can select a particular route? Can you help me? Perhaps PM me to keep the thread clean!!

I can only tell you exactly how I retrieve my newly made route from my own Garmin so I can view it for riding.
I have been using a Garmin Nuvi 755. Transfer your map from your puter to CUSTOM ROUTES section of your gps unit.(route Transfers there automatcally, from puter to gps device; and you already have done this, you said.) New route will now be stored in your unit but not where you can get at it, just yet... So: Next you have to access the route from where your unit is presently storing it, by moving it ( ie. importing it )to where you can view/use it while riding: So,in your unit, go to Tools >> My data >> Import Route from File >> Import . You will find your route, has now moved (been imported) to the Custom Routes section of your device.So go to the Custom Routes section in your gps unit and look for the title of your route. Touch it to view the route. You can Edit the route name now if needed.
I hope you have a similar procedure on your unit. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks OldCoot... I'll point to your post when someone asks me how to do it.

Just added a few more routes. 115 total now. See first post.

Keep in mind not all Garmin units can have the Custom Route option. From the home page if you select "Where To?" along with options for Address, Intersection, Go Home, etc, there will be a "Routes" option and that is where you will see your list of routes that were created and imported from MapSource.
As far as I know if the unit does not have the "Routes" option you cannot import routes.

Excellent work. Thank you.

Rumours are saying you're going to start on some nice roads down in the states. :cheers:

Does your file contain tracks? My mapsource can't see them but routeconverter seems to have them. I think routeconverter just generates the tracks.

Back
Top Bottom