Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 85 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

RIM is in good hands. They'll bounce back...........................................LMAO.

Too Drunk to Fly

i can only presume rim's competitors were behind getting that article as much publicity as possible...but i wouldn't be surprised if someone in rim pr goes "hey, any news is good news, right?"...

RIM is in good hands. They'll bounce back...........................................LMAO.

Too Drunk to Fly

It could be worse I guess.....every few months.... it seems we get these reports.....

13 workers at Apple's Foxconn factory in China have attempted suicides this year. 10 have succeeded.
http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...kers-commit-suide-at-apple-s-foxconn-in-china

Here's a laundy list of all the employees who took the plunge.....

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-a....,cf.osb&fp=9a4e434a2496c451&biw=1152&bih=696

Bah, its only a few nobodys eh?......... Apples profit and keeping their fans happy is much more important. :rolleyes:

13 workers at Apple's Foxconn factory in China have attempted suicides this year. 10 have succeeded.

To quote our great forum master debater afong - weak.

As usual, your post is either a misdirection, completely devoid of facts, or an outright fabrication. Contrary to what you attempted to alude to in your post, Apple does not own Foxconn (IIRC they are a small investor) . Foxconn is it's own entity that makes OEM products fo a number of companies besides Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Sony, and Nokia amongst them. Are you going to blame them for the deaths too or place it where it rightly belongs, on the Foxconn's executives shoulders?

Wait, you're only here to bash Apple. The truth has little bearing on what you post.

Last edited:
the headline was lifted directly off the webpage. not invented by myself.

we dont need to get into a big discussion about foxconn now, but we both well know that apple inc. wields enormous power and control over them.

"Apple's supplier code of conduct demands that employees are treated with respect and dignity, but its own audit reports suggest suppliers in China may not meet up to these standards."

Quote from....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ories-forced-sign-pledges-commit-suicide.html

So whats more important to Apple? Profits, or codes of conduct?

those two muppet execs could have worked for Coke, GE, GM, or any other large corporation. they happened to work for RIM. So?

As for the apple bashing, tell us, wise one. what was the purpose of your "RIM in good hands" post? and what bearing does it have in an android vs iphone discussion?

Last edited:
meizu-mx-vs.jpg

dsc0203.jpg

meizu-mx-vs-2011-12-081.jpg

meizu-mx-vs-2011-12-085.jpg

new Apple Store in NY, opened today.

gct-opening.png

Apple Loses Big Against Motorola In Germany

Apple has lost a preliminary injunction filed by Motorola Mobility over a wireless-related patent. That’s not something we’re hearing a lot of these days, but it seems to be the case over in Germany, where a judge in the Mannheim Regional Court has ruled that the iPhone and iPad (3G versions) infringe European Patent 1010336, covering a “method for performing countdown function during a mobile-originated transfer for a packet radio system.”
By now all this patent litigation has likely become tiresome to you, as it has most of us, but this is actually a pretty substantial win for Motorola, and an equally substantial loss for Apple. The loss means that an injunction on all the old iPhones, (probably the 4S, as well) and 3G-capable iPads is preliminarily enforceable against Apple Sales International, which is Apple’s Ireland-based subsidiary.
Motorola has already secured a similar ruling before, but it neglected to give Apple the chance to present its case. This ruling, however, came after both Apple and Motorola presented their full arguments. That said, Apple has very few options to stop the ban. They will likely try to get a stay to appeal the ruling, but it’s unclear whether or not that suspension will be granted.
The ruling also allows for Apple to remove the allegedly infringing technology from its products, but that seems impossible. The patent in question covers technology that seems to be crucial to the functionality of the phone. Even if it wasn’t, it’s probably not commercially viable for Apple to remove it.
But it gets trickier than that. For one thing, enforcing this injunction is a bit of a risk for Motorola. The judge has allowed for Apple to receive a €100 million bond, which would go toward damages sustained during the injunction, should Cupertino find a way to overturn this ruling down the road.
Then there’s the matter of FRAND (fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory) licensing, which comes into play here since the patent in suit falls under the GPRS data standard. But Germany deals with FRAND issues a little differently. Basically, if a company is found to be using FRAND-style patented technology in its products, the court can only allow that company a FRAND defense if it’s made “an irrevocable, binding offer” to license the patents on FRAND terms and also post a bond for ongoing royalties, reports FOSS Patents.
Apple did make an offer, to license all of Motorola’s FRAND-pledged patents, but threw in a clause that drifts away from the idea of “irrevocable” and “binding.” The issue is that Apple wants to argue the validity of the patent in question, which would mean those royalty payments would fly out the window.
The court in Germany agreed with Motorola when it argued that the offer Apple made to license the patents was shy of what is needed to cover damages. That said, Motorola can license these patents to Apple moving forward, but Apple will have to cough up the dough for past infringement.

more, different site...

Motorola Wins Preliminary Injunction Against Apple, Could Ban iPhone/iPad Sales

A German court has ruled in favor of Motorola, granting a preliminary injunction against Apple mobile devices, according to FOSS Patents.

The ruling is enforceable against Ireland-based Apple Sales International in exchange for a €100 million ($134 million) bond from Motorola, unless Apple wins a stay.

The patent in question is EP (European Patent) 1010336 (B1) which details a "method for performing a countdown function during a mobile-originated transfer for a packet radio system". It was declared essential to the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) standard.

Apple will likely appeal this ruling to the Karlsruhe Higher Regional Court and request a stay for the duration of the appeal. If the stay isn't granted Motorola will have to decide whether to bear the risk of enforcing an injunction that could get overturned. Apple asked for a €2 billion bond but the court only granted €100 million.

According to FOSS Patents, Motorola was able to overcome Apple's FRAND (fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory) defense.

The logic presented by Motorola's counsel convinced the court: someone using a patented invention should have to pay a price for being found to have infringed. While competition law requires the patent holder to extend a license on FRAND terms going forward, past infringement is a different matter. If, in the alternative, damages for past infringement were limited to a FRAND royalty rate, Motorola and Judge Voß argue, an infringer might ultimately get to use the patent on more favorable terms than someone procuring a license at the outset. They say that favorable terms would result from a scenario in which payments for using the patent in the past can be avoided by proving the patent invalid.

Apple has an action to invalidate the patent going at the Federal Patent Court in Munich and if it succeeds, Apple doesn't want to pay past infringement royalties.

I had an iphone for about 6 months after which I sold it and got a Nexus S.

It could be a computer guy thing, but it feels much better compared to the iphone which I eventually found a little boring and limiting at times.

Definitely happier with my phone now and I'm not even a phone person (if you know what I mean...)!

[h=1]HP To Keep webOS Alive By Making It Open Source[/h]Well, there we have it. After weeks of deliberation, HP CEO Meg Whitman has just announced to all of the company’s employees that HP will make webOS’s underlying code available under an open-source license.
Before I go any further, I’d like to take this chance to applaud HP on making the right decision: they managed to make some lemonade after all.
A new release from the company mentions that HP will help “accelerate the open development of the webOS platform,” and that the company “will be an active participant and investor in the project.”
Of course, with that shift toward open source, drastic changes will almost certainly be made to the company’s existing webOS team.
Meanwhile, HP has remained quiet on the hardware front. After former CEO Leo Apotheker give standalone webOS hardware the axe, it was widely rumored that HP would find a home for the wayward operating system on their scores of printers. HP has alluded to “other hardware manufacturers” potentially running with webOS, but for now we can rest assured that it will indeed live on in the hands of passionate developers.
Developing…

I had an iphone for about 6 months after which I sold it and got a Nexus S.

but it feels much better compared to the iphone which I eventually found a little boring and limiting at times.

Definitely happier with my phone now and I'm not even a phone person (if you know what I mean...)!

I'd be careful if I was you, they"ll hunt you down, and you'll get shot and hung outside for making statements like this in this thread.

wowsers..... got my grubby paws on one to try out....... the Nexus is a really really really nice phone.

yup, google nexus has my vote, all i have to do now is get my hands on one...as for foxconn chit chat...isn't that place close to 1 million employees, so bad mouthing them with apples name when they make crap for everyone is a bit of a stretch...as for the rim employees, sure they might have worked for other employers in the past, but not right now, they work for rim and screwed up...big time...

359y2va.jpg

Wow....just wow. These guys are digging themselves deeper and deeper in to a black hole.

No new QNX phones til late 2012!!!!!?!?!?

Cue the jokes...... the best I heard so far.....

"Research in Slow Motion"

Their new stock ticker.... GRIM or DIM

Last edited:
Wow....just wow. These guys are digging themselves deeper and deeper in to a black hole.

No new QNX phones til late 2012!!!!!?!?!?

Cue the jokes...... the best I heard so far.....

"Research in Slow Motion"

Their new stock ticker.... GRIM or DIM

I may have to eat crow here about my beliefs on RIM's longevity... the figures for last quarter have been released and they are NOT good.

Back
Top Bottom