Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 83 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Wow. Just wow. I'm betting afong has a picture of Sergey and Larry holding hands on his desk. The clincher is he accuses Apple users of being fanbois in the same breath.

<extreme facepalm>
post count +1

Re: my homescreen

Anyone buying an Android or RIM phone after this fiasco is a fool :lol:

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/107337-carrier-iq-is-the-best-reason-yet-to-switch-to-iphone

They're tracking every single button you press! LOL and people complained about anonymous location caches being sent to Apple :lol:

I think your quote was incorrect. You read Apple forums Im sure, and realize by now, that this software was also on some Apple devices. :lmao:

Meanwhile, just to clarify your statement regarding RIM phones.....
http://www.berryreview.com/2011/12/01/rim-confirms-carrier-iq-software-not-installed-on-blackberrys/

RIMs never installed it. Neither has Telus, or Rogers.

Maybe you should consider dumping your spyPhone and getting a BB. :lmao:

If you bother to do the reading you'll find that the software is disabled by default on iPhones :lol:

Have fun being tracked on your blackberry... careful with that online banking! Oh wait, the blackberry probably doesn't have online banking apps :lmao:

idrivehero.front_-e1322856009668.jpg

Wow. Just wow. I'm betting afong has a picture of Sergey and Larry holding hands on his desk. The clincher is he accuses Apple users of being fanbois in the same breath.

<extreme facepalm>
post count +1

not all apple users are fanbois. my wife is an apple user, so are both of my daughters (stay away you creepers, lol). none of them are fanbois.

there are, however, many of them in this thread.

i have no idea who sergey and larry are. flat out guess, are they the guys who started google?

Who cares if you drop your phone and smash the back glass. Just toss a cheap plastic case on it and it looks just like most android phones. I'll take the risk.

well at least you understand that a case is mandatory, and that as a result, iphones will look the same as an android phone. that just proves my point that what good is their vaunted form factor and design if it needs to be shrouded in a case like every other superphone?

taking a risk on your touchscreen when it is wrapped by an otterbox is different than leaving it completely unwrapped. we don't have that kind of money to spend, lol. . .

we don't have that kind of money to spend, lol. . .

Sucks to be you?

Like I said before, outside of work my iPhone doesn't wear a case. The reason I put one on at work is because of the environment the phone gets exposed to, not for drop protection. It's way too nice of a phone to hide in a case. Other devices are just phones, the iPhone4(s) is a showcase of sublime industrial design.

Sucks to be you?

Like I said before, outside of work my iPhone doesn't wear a case. The reason I put one on at work is because of the environment the phone gets exposed to, not for drop protection. It's way too nice of a phone to hide in a case. Other devices are just phones, the iPhone4(s) is a showcase of sublime industrial design.

our phones are strictly for personal use. they are not corporate or business writeoffs, so it is entirely out of pocket. sucks to be me? hardly. despite what others here think, i actually do believe that phones are just phones. but i do happen to like my phone a helluva lot. after being stuck with a crapberry for so long, i am literally in love with the versatility of a proper superphone.

in reality, if my wife's phone were to shatter, we would bite the bullet and replace it, but $700 out of pocket for what is a clear design or manufacturing shortsight on the part of apple is pretty laughable. people drop phones. if they didn't, there wouldn't be a gigantic phone case industry.

for the love of the baby jebus, apple is already charging a premium, why not use the premium gorilla glass and end the problems???

p.s., sublime is in the eye of the beholder. . .you see beauty, i see a chunky toy

chunky toy :lol: I think that makes your phone a blow-up doll... its thicker (in parts), wider and taller than an iphone4

The glass is excellent on the iPhone. Any phone will break if it impacts a hard surface at just the right speed or angle, including your famed gorilla glass... look it up, sweetie. Maybe tether yours to your belt or coat, butterfingers ;)

does that mean you have no case at all?

really, zero case on an iphone4/s? is someone footing the bill for your phone in the event of a screen shatter?

It may be shocking to you but I also don't have a case. Brace for it... I even let my 4 year old play games on it without a case.
Want to know why? Because it isn't a real fear of mine it doesn't happen often. Its been dropped a few times and survived every one. If you want to spread some more FUD to make yourself feel better about your purchase go ahead. I am happy with mine.

chunky toy :lol: I think that makes your phone a blow-up doll... its thicker (in parts), wider and taller than an iphone4

The glass is excellent on the iPhone. Any phone will break if it impacts a hard surface at just the right speed or angle, including your famed gorilla glass... look it up, sweetie. Maybe tether yours to your belt or coat, butterfingers ;)

but who in their right mind thinks it's a brilliant design feature to double the breakable glass surface of a phone? how is that 'sublime' design?

the numbers support the fact that was a stupid idea.

It may be shocking to you but I also don't have a case. Brace for it... I even let my 4 year old play games on it without a case.
Want to know why? Because it isn't a real fear of mine it doesn't happen often. Its been dropped a few times and survived every one. If you want to spread some more FUD to make yourself feel better about your purchase go ahead. I am happy with mine.

you still didn't answer my question. who foots the bill if your 4 year old breaks it? your wallet, or your employer's?

i would be a lot more cavalier with our $700 phones if i knew i didn't have to pay for their replacement. . .

does that mean you have no case at all?

really, zero case on an iphone4/s? is someone footing the bill for your phone in the event of a screen shatter?

Yes, NO CASE AT ALL. I will foot the bill IF I drop it, or of course with Apples excellent customer service it is a very real possibility that they will give me a new one if I do in fact drop it. Sorry but I don't buy the propaganda put forth by phone case manufacturers, they are just providing a service to paranoid people.

It's way too nice of a phone to hide in a case. Other devices are just phones, the iPhone4(s) is a showcase of sublime industrial design.

Some people have a hard time appreciating the beauty of design.

for the love of the baby jebus, apple is already charging a premium, why not use the premium gorilla glass and end the problems???

p.s., sublime is in the eye of the beholder. . .you see beauty, i see a chunky toy

Why don't they just use sapphire? Virtually scratch proof then. End what problems? Is gorilla glass shatter proof?

I have (stupidly) dropped my iPhone 4S on more than one occasion (I don't have a case). No issues, not even a scratch. I had my old iPhone 3G for 3+ years that I treated like **** with not so much as a scratch on it. One would have to work pretty hard at breaking one of those screens, and if they did I don't feel sorry that they'd have to pay for a new one.

Anecdotal, I know. But I don't quite understand why people get so angry and worked up over what smart phone other people use.

Last edited:
Yes, NO CASE AT ALL. I will foot the bill IF I drop it, or of course with Apples excellent customer service it is a very real possibility that they will give me a new one if I do in fact drop it. Sorry but I don't buy the propaganda put forth by phone case manufacturers, they are just providing a service to paranoid people.

Why don't they just use sapphire? Virtually scratch proof then. End what problems? Is gorilla glass shatter proof?

no, gorilla glass is not shatterproof, but pre gen4 iphones used it, with better results. why'd apple stop? i'm guessing to increase profits.

listen, i'm not a doomsayer. . .i am a realist. i do my due diligence when it comes to anything that costs me more than a day's salary (and since i am most certainly middle class, $700 is well beyond what i earn in a day). i looked at the squaretrade stats, the anecdotal forums (of which, there are many) about people's real world frustrations and agony with shattered iphone 4/s glass (and their unsuccessful attempts to have apple cover this), plus found the numerous businesses available right here in toronto devoted specifically to replacing shattered iphone4/s glass, and it became a no-brainer for me to find out what the best protections existed for my wife's new phone.

true story, none of our previous phones had 'protective' cases per se, before these superphones. they had 'accessory' cases that were more form than function. but i'm not going to take that chance with these ones.

again, purely anecdotal, i know at least 3 dozen people who own the iphone4/s. only 3 have had their screens shattered. . .all of the rest put their phones into cases. all of them, without exception.

granted, some of that might have been during the first iteration iphone4, when apple itself ran a case program to solve it's antenna issues (i know for certain that this is the reason for about six of these people) but did the rest fall into the hype and fear mongering of the evil case industry? i really doubt it.

i wonder how many iphone4/s owners who have posted on this thread would be willing to admit that they had a screen shatter on them (plus share how successful they were getting apple to 'fix' this problem). . .probably no one will fess up to this reality, but i am certain they are there.

Have fun being tracked on your blackberry... careful with that online banking! Oh wait, the blackberry probably doesn't have online banking apps :lmao:

Yeah, "probably". :rolleyes:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/category/10

But I don't quite understand why people get so angry and worked up over what smart phone other people use.

I agree. Post 1 has everything anyone needs to know. Everything else after this is a waste.

Back
Top Bottom