Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 82 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Re: my homescreen

It seems the Droid mantra is "The next one will show you" yet it never materializes. There is much more to the smart phone experience than spec sheets and mhz. How something performs and its optimization is #1. By its very nature android has to be a jack of all trades. It can't specialize to work amazing with a specific set of hardware because that changes every month. its the nature of the beast.

not saying that "the next one will show you". my phone ALREADY kicks serious ***. and it's going to get even better with the os update to ics. . .kinda like how ios5 improved the iphones. . .

So 2.5 years, to you, is future proofing? You actually spend time worrying about that, but 5 years is just way too long for you "lol"?

Seriously dude. It's a phone. It'll be good for the next couple of years, but it'll be obsolete. There's no future proofing of mobile phones.

Why do you post stuff, and then just change the terms of the argument every time someone disagrees with you?

not changing the terms of the argument, you just assumed that i meant future proof as five years. i was clarifying because you made an incorrect assumption.

is there no such thing as 'future proofing' of cellphones? possibly. 2.5 years is about five iterations of phones, or 1.5 (painful) to 2.5 cycles for apple. there's a reason apple is always playing catchup with hardware. but with the features i currently have on my phone, i feel very solid knowing that i will have a very functional phone 2.5 years from now--maxed network capacity, a big, bright screen with superb battery life, nfc, microsd expandability, and on and on. not sure anyone holding a iphone4s can say the same thing.

does the nexus prime blow the doors off my phone? yep. by definition then, my phone is already obsolete. 2.5 years is the standard time until the next hup. . .that's the period of time that most users worry about.

yes, obviously apple has an advantage as they are the ones that spec out their hardware and write the os to go with it. it had damn well better be a good user experience when you have complete control like that. is it any wonder that android os does struggle with producing the same user experience given the multitude of handsets out there? no surprise to anyone.

that being said, my phone does 10x what i ever thought would be possible on a cellphone, and it does it flawlessly and fluidly. having used an iphone4 with ios5, it is not noticably snappier or in fact give me a better user experience. for me. for my wife, it does. kudos to apple for putting a phenomenally powerful and useful device in her hands that she actually enjoys using and doesn't overwhelm her. i am truly happy that something like the iphone exists, because it is the friendly, shaggy eared puppy of cellphones.

rejoice.

yes, obviously apple has an advantage as they are the ones that spec out their hardware and write the os to go with it. it had damn well better be a good user experience when you have complete control like that. is it any wonder that android os does struggle with producing the same user experience given the multitude of handsets out there? no surprise to anyone.

That's the end of this thread :lol:

Apple doesn't play catch-up, they lead the way.

Much like with PCs, it appears nerds get frothy nerdgasms over specs and numbers for their phones.

Whereas Apple users don't give a dick about the hardware specs as long as the performance is there. It's like everyone bashing the iPad for not having a gig of ram, meanwhile it does everything exceptionally well because of the hardware-software harmony that only companies like Apple pull off seamlessly.

Android handset manufacturers stuff their phones with the fastest processors to overcome design inefficiencies that come from all that fragmentation. When you license an OS from another company and paste it into your hardware, it's never gonna run like an Apple device.

i have an android phone. i use third party apps to improve the performance, useability and experience of my phone.

yet somehow, with the perfection of apple's "hardware-software harmony" most iphones also have third party apps to improve the performance, useability and experience of the phone.

iphones are good. in some ways better than my phone. in a lot of ways, not better.

both are not perfect out of the box, and are made better by apps.

That's the end of this thread :lol:

Apple doesn't play catch-up, they lead the way.

read my post more carefully. have an advantage does not mean they are necessarily better.

their advantage didn't stop them from stupidly designing a fragile all glass phone instead of using gorilla glass, or having a first iteration iphone4 with serious antenna issues, did it?

Last edited:

not saying that "the next one will show you". my phone ALREADY kicks serious ***. and it's going to get even better with the os update to ics. . .kinda like how ios5 improved the iphones. . .

not changing the terms of the argument, you just assumed that i meant future proof as five years. i was clarifying because you made an incorrect assumption.

is there no such thing as 'future proofing' of cellphones? possibly. 2.5 years is about five iterations of phones, or 1.5 (painful) to 2.5 cycles for apple. there's a reason apple is always playing catchup with hardware. but with the features i currently have on my phone, i feel very solid knowing that i will have a very functional phone 2.5 years from now--maxed network capacity, a big, bright screen with superb battery life, nfc, microsd expandability, and on and on. not sure anyone holding a iphone4s can say the same thing.

does the nexus prime blow the doors off my phone? yep. by definition then, my phone is already obsolete. 2.5 years is the standard time until the next hup. . .that's the period of time that most users worry about.

that being said, my phone does 10x what i ever thought would be possible on a cellphone, and it does it flawlessly and fluidly. having used an iphone4 with ios5, it is not noticably snappier or in fact give me a better user experience. for me. for my wife, it does. kudos to apple for putting a phenomenally powerful and useful device in her hands that she actually enjoys using and doesn't overwhelm her. i am truly happy that something like the iphone exists, because it is the friendly, shaggy eared puppy of cellphones.

rejoice.

Passive aggressive much?

read my post more carefully. have an advantage does mean they are necessarily better.

their advantage didn't stop them from stupidly designing a fragile all glass phone instead of using gorilla glass, or having a first iteration iphone4 with serious antenna issues, did it?

I'll take the incredible glass phone over a lightweight plastic garbage android any day :lol:

The iphone4 design is on another level. Nothing compares to how this device looks and feels. Apple build quality is legendary.

Passive aggressive much?

you mean someone who sees both sides of the debate, understands the facts, and represents both, is passive aggressive? passive aggressive would mean i maintain one side only, but in a passive/aggressive fashion.

maybe it would be better if i was a blind fanboi for apple like most of the posters on this thread? lol. . .

you mean someone who sees both sides of the debate, understands the facts, and represents both, is passive aggressive? passive aggressive would mean i maintain one side only, but in a passive/aggressive fashion.

maybe it would be better if i was a blind fanboi for apple like most of the posters on this thread? lol. . .

Yes. You've got it. You've got it exactly. I couldn't have demonstrated it any better if I tried.

I'll take the incredible glass phone over a lightweight plastic garbage android any day :lol:

The iphone4 design is on another level. Nothing compares to how this device looks and feels. Apple build quality is legendary.

most smart iphone4 owners have hidden the design, 'look and feel' of their iphone4 in a protective case (otterbox or the like, if they want to protect their investment), just like the protective case on my gs2x. maybe if they used gorilla glass then you'd be able to actually enjoy the design, look and feel of your superior product without fear of a shattered screen/backglass. until then, iphone's form will be crippled by a very real functional reality.

some android phones do indeed have terrible build quality. some even are samsung phones. mine has fantastic build quality, thanks.

Yes. You've got it. You've got it exactly. I couldn't have demonstrated it any better if I tried.

if that's the case, this thread could use a helluva lot more "passive aggressiveness" as you suggest, especially by the apple fanbois. . .

but i'll suggest that passive aggression is not what you think it is. . .

I use a case at work. It comes off when I get home.

The 4 is an absolutely wonderfully designed device. Apple has the best designer in the business, this is universally accepted and is part of the reason their products demand a premium.

I use a case at work. It comes off when I get home.

The 4 is an absolutely wonderfully designed device. Apple has the best designer in the business, this is universally accepted and is part of the reason their products demand a premium.

lol. . .'cause drops never happen at home. . .i wish you luck.

i suppose that every time you leave the house on the weekend and on evenings you put the case back on, right?

just tonight, my wife dropped her iphone getting out of the car in the restaurant parking lot. thank god for the otterbox, or we'd be out hundreds to have the glass or phone replaced.

what good is the beautiful form factor of the iphone when most people will only see the same touchscreen that every other phone has, surrounded by a case?

personally, i think my sg2x is gorgeous, slim, beautiful lines, with fantastic build quality. . .but it's still just a touchscreen surrounded by a case. it just happens to be a much larger touchscreen than my wife's iphone. . .

lol. . .'cause drops never happen at home. . .i wish you luck.

i suppose that every time you leave the house on the weekend and on evenings you put the case back on, right?

just tonight, my wife dropped her iphone getting out of the car in the restaurant parking lot. thank god for the otterbox, or we'd be out hundreds to have the glass or phone replaced.

what good is the beautiful form factor of the iphone when most people will only see the same touchscreen that every other phone has, surrounded by a case?

personally, i think my sg2x is gorgeous, slim, beautiful lines, with fantastic build quality. . .but it's still just a touchscreen surrounded by a case. it just happens to be a much larger touchscreen than my wife's iphone. . .

Like I said, I take the case off after work and it doesn't go back on until Im back at work.

Your wife dropped her phone? Maybe she should pay attention and not drop a 600$ device. I don't.

Like I said, I take the case off after work and it doesn't go back on until Im back at work.

Your wife dropped her phone? Maybe she should pay attention and not drop a 600$ device. I don't.

lol, okay, if you're so careful, why do you even have a case at all? maybe because you don't or can't pay attention all the time?

face it, most people do two things when they get a new superphone: put a screen protector on the face, and drop it into a protective case. this makes any cosmetic advantage that the iphone might have a pretty moot point.

placing my phone next to my wife's, out of their cases, mine looks thin and sleek with a huge screen. hers looks like a thick, shiny toy.

i can say that, because design is entirely subjective.

what isn't subjective is the difference between gorilla glass and what apple sheaths their phones with. out of the cases, if both of our phones were to suffer a drop from a countertop, i know who would be ******** bricks about potential catastrophic damage to their phone. . .

Who cares if you drop your phone and smash the back glass. Just toss a cheap plastic case on it and it looks just like most android phones. I'll take the risk.

Back
Top Bottom