Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 74 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Re: sweet

[h=1]Why the iPhone’s Speaker is on the Bottom of the Handset[/h]
Closeup-photo-of-the-bottom-of-iPhone-4-including-the-speakers-and-dock-connector-e1302055174224.jpeg

Have you ever wondered why Apple chose to place the iPhone’s speaker at the bottom of the handset? It’s a minor detail really, but the minor details is what Apple prides itself in most. The company has been known to really focus on the small things.
But Apple doesn’t do things without a specific purpose in mind either, and the iPhone’s speaker-placement is a perfect example of that. Designer Dustin Curtisfound this out the hard way when he switched from his iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S II…
After switching smartphones, Curtis found himself sleeping right through his phone’s alarm in the mornings. He verified it was set correctly, and that the phone wasn’t turning off or becoming unplugged overnight, but it kept happening.
Finally he figured out the problem. The phone’s speaker is located on the back of the handset, so when it’s laid down on a flat surface the sound gets muffled. In fact, most Android phones are like this, including those from Motorola and HTC.
But because the iPhone’s speaker is located on the bottom of the phone, no matter how the device lays it isn’t blocked. “Yet another one of those design decisions that you don’t really appreciate until you see someone doing it wrong.” Interesting.

[h=1]Apple Confirms iOS 5 Battery Issues, Releases iOS 5.0.1 to Developers With Fix[/h]
iphone-battery-icon.jpeg

Since Apple released iOS 5 and its latest handset with the new software pre-installed to the public, customers have been complaining about poor battery life. It appears that something in the iOS update has directly affected battery performance.
Other than a few rumors of its engineers contacting customers regarding their complaints, Apple has been relatively silent on the matter… until now. AllThingsD has just received an official statement from the company confirming the problem…
“A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices. We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.”
Apple certainly seems to be taking the issue seriously, as it’s already seeded a 5.0.1 update to developers. The new software contains fixes for the reported battery bugs, as well as for other components, including iCloud and Siri Dictation.
As aforementioned, the 5.0.1 update is only available to developers at this point. Apple likely wants to make sure it does the trick before releasing it to the masses. If you can’t wait for the public release, we’ve found that this trick really helps improve battery life on iOS 5.

^^

Not quite. BBM was down and data was spotty, during the outage for majority of users. Phone and text still worked fine.

Hardly qualifies as a useless brick.

THE POINT OF THE POST........ that server outages can happen to any company on any system. As Siri outage just demonstrated.

^^

Not quite. BBM was down and data was spotty, during the outage for majority of users. Phone and text still worked fine.

Hardly qualifies as a useless brick.

THE POINT OF THE POST........ that server outages can happen to any company on any system. As Siri outage just demonstrated.

To be fair, Siri is beta. As far as I know, BBM is not.

‘Do a Barrel Roll’: Google Channels Apple and Nintendo

ht_do_a_barrel_roll_dm_111103_wblog.jpg

Google after you search for "Do a barrel roll." Screen shot by ABC News.

Got a moment to kill? Try this:
Go to Google’s homepage. Type in the words “Do a barrel roll.” Click Enter.
(Brief pause while you try it. Then please come back.)
Did the Earth move for you? The image in your browser should — well, it should have done a barrel roll. Is it a takeoff on Apple’s iPhones and iPads with their built-in accelerometers — those little gizmos that tell a device when it’s been moved, turned on its side, propped up with one end on top? (Note added Friday morning: numerous people on Twitter made this suggestion when we first noticed something was happening Thursday; the New York Times’ Bits blog called the effect “Siri-like.”) One blogger suggested Google is invoking Nintendo’s “Star Fox.”
No such notions, says Google, which sent us this explanation:
“Today’s fun query, ‘do a barrel roll,’ was created by a Google software engineer with the primary goal of entertaining users — while showcasing the power of CSS3, a presentation feature of modern browsers. The “do a barrel roll” query, which causes the search page to spin, will remain in place for a while.”

(By the way, you may not see the effect in older browsers. Newer ones support HTML5, the newest version of the code that makes online content work.)

Twitter
has been lighting up as people discover “Do a Barrel Roll.”
A few sample comments:
“Google is being nerdy again and I love it.”
“It will bring you joy for approximately 5 seconds.”
“You won’t be disappointed. Or maybe you will if you are a grump.”

Not quite. BBM was down and data was spotty, during the outage for majority of users. Phone and text still worked fine. Hardly qualifies as a useless brick. THE POINT OF THE POST........ that server outages can happen to any company on any system. As Siri outage just demonstrated.

BBM is for major communication for it's users, they went nuts. Siri is to communicate with your device.

outages can and will happen for companies yes....but apple had this up and running within 3-4hrs(hence Beta though).

Sony had trouble for over a month with PSN(down).

My thoughts on this.....No word yet though(if iPhone 4 Siri port still have access to Apple servers)..... it was recently announced that Siri was ported to an iPhone 4 and iTouch, with access to Siri servers, maybe Apple fixed it, or added more servers.

I thought I came in to an Android is better than iPhone thread but it's cluttered with all this Apple crap? What gives?!

or you can look at this.

Stare at the red nose for 10 seconds(5 seems to work too)... then look away to a white wall and blink really fast...

389905_2364047873729_1626349890_2266591_1334347467_n.jpg

I will be completely honest, my gf's birthday is at the end of the Month, she has a Mac and she only does light browsing, texting and a couple of apps, so it made sense to buy her an iphone.

So I went to the apple store, I was very impressed with the service, second to none. It was busy so I had plenty of time to play with the 4s and the 4 and compare features, so I spent 620 dollars on the 4 instead of 720 on the 4s, the extras on the 4s just weren't enough of a difference to justify the extra 100 bucks.

I was impressed with the hardware, I bought the white one and it seem very well put together, but after playing with the thing for about 20 min, I was bored. I just don't get it. The OS is just sooooo blaaaa.

It had a bunch of apps I wish I had on my current platform but I just don't freaking get it.

anyways, say what you want to say and post all the articles and cute blogs you want, Android is going to beat the iphone pretty soon and I am no fan of android neither.

anyways, say what you want to say and post all the articles and cute blogs you want, Android is going to beat the iphone pretty soon and I am no fan of android neither.

Is that before or after WebOS takes over the world?

:lmao:

Is that before or after WebOS takes over the world?

:lmao:
I am still typing away on my $100 HP pad clocked at 1.8 for each of the two processors. Still use my 2 year old pre clocked at 1.5.

Still have more fun and find it more productive and easy to use than my gf's iphone 4, which as I said cost me $620

Poor management says nothing about a still superior OS

So I went to the apple store, and spent 620 dollars on the iPhone 4 instead of 720 on the iPhone 4S, the extras on the 4S just weren't enough of a difference to justify the extra 100 bucks.

I was impressed with the hardware, I bought the white one and it seem very well put together, but after playing with the thing for about 20 min, I was bored. I just don't get it. The OS is just sooooo blaaaa..

Its cool that you got her an iPhone 4(awesome companion for the Mac).
But you should've gotten the iPhone 4S, especially for the price you are buying an iPhone 4 for.....seen 32gb iP4 for $4-420 on kijiji.

i can showcase a couple of those extras for you to understand, about that extra $100 of money well spent(besides future proofing), only if you want me to, don't wanna waste my time.

For someone like you, the OS might seem blaaaah.....but for your girlfriend, it will be OK.

Damn, even my wife needs her phone jailbroken, because she is liking what mine does.
I can try to please you, but you MUST have a jailbroken iPhone, to not get that blaaaah feeling.
Only if you had a clue about the jailbreak possibilities, you would think different....trust me!!!!!
Please don't get it mixed up and think jailbreaking is for free apps, NO.....you get to add features, functions, themes...many things you can't even think of(endless).

Remember this, jailbreaking is 100% Legal, you can jailbreak an iOS device, and if you are having issues with the device itself(not the jailbreak stuff), you can do a simple restore to factory settings(stock iOS), and take the device in for warranty issues, and apple can't tell if that device was jailbroken before, and honour your warranty no questions asked.

Now the faster and smoother a device is, it will work better while being jailbroken...thats where the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 come in....my jailbroken iPad 2 is way better and faster than my jailbroken iPad 1, and there is no jailbreak for the iPhone 4S yet, or the iPad 2 on iOS 5...(iPad 2 jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3 only).
iPhone 4S and iPad 2 was jailbroken on iOS 5, just not released yet.

New iOS'es brings more features and fixes....enjoy!!!!

Back
Top Bottom