Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Actually no not every manufacturer gets the same quality because their specs are different. Different materials, different tolerances, different components.

You're a newb. Stop posting. You know nothing about manufacturing or the tech industry. Put that to bed.

Actually no not every manufacturer gets the same quality because their specs are different. Different materials, different tolerances, different components.

You're a newb. Stop posting. You know nothing about manufacturing or the tech industry. Put that to bed.

i love how people equate build quality with components, as though they are exactly the same thing.

then they throw in the old "you're a newb" slag for giggles. . .

lame and weak.

try following along with the discourse a little closer. . .

or better yet, explain how foxconn, the build contractor, is the same as the components suppliers--lg/sharp/toshiba/samsung, etc.

'night

When you have no rational arguments, you have to fall back on corporate marketing and slurs :cool:

you suggested that other manufacturers get shoddy builds because that's what they pay foxconn for.

For about the Nth time now. It's getting close to sinking in. We can only hope..........maybe not.

i merely pointed out that apple gets the same build quality, plain and simple.

You haven't got a clue. You really need to stay down.

The cell phone manufacturing industry is the same as every other manufacturing industry in the far east. I'll try to keep it simple for you (not sure how much farther I can dumb it down, though), and use Giant Bicycles in Taiwan as an example. They are the biggest bicycle manufacturer in the world. 75 % of the bicycles you see are manufactured in their factory, regardless of who's name is on the down tube. They make cheap $199 BSOs (bicycle shaped objects) you would see in a place like Canadian Tire that a company like CTC would pay them to brand Supercycle in the same factory as the carbon fiber framed, XTR equipped $2500+ bicycles you find in specialty bicycle stores. The difference is different assembly lines, higher tech frame materials, better trained (paid) workers to fabricate said materials, and better components. Start a bicycle company, fly over to Taiwan with your specs, and Giant will be more than happy to build what you want, slap your name on it, and charge you accordingly, be it a POS Wal Mart bike or a Jesper Skibby "signature" race model. ALL the manufactures work on the same business model. I'm sorry you're not swift enough to grasp this.

Last edited:
That concept is quite clear.. However if the Jesper Skibby signature race model has the same frame as the Wally's world BSO, the same wheels/tires as the Crappy Tire BSO and the rest the same as the Zellers BSO, you can't say that the Jesper Skibby signature race model is any better than the other brands only because it has a Jesper Skibby sticker on it and a whole bunch of marketing hype behind it :cool:

That concept is quite clear.. However if the Jesper Skibby signature race model has the same frame as the Wally's world BSO, the same wheels/tires as the Crappy Tire BSO and the rest the same as the Zellers BSO, you can't say that the Jesper Skibby signature race model is any better than the other brands only because it has a Jesper Skibby sticker on it and a whole bunch of marketing hype behind it :cool:

The flaw in your little word bending exercise is that not enough people will fail to see the sham and buy it to make it profitable.

The flaw in your little word bending exercise is that not enough people will fail to see the sham and buy it to make it profitable.

The sham that people fall for is that just adding a picture of an apple to a box magically makes a component better in that device than it does in other devices even though it's an identical component :cool:

Drink some more hatorade... don't you have a 'linux box' to put together or something? Surely your basement must need another server. :lol:

The sham that people fall for is that just adding a picture of an apple to a box magically makes a component better in that device than it does in other devices even though it's an identical component :cool:

So the only difference between an Apple iPhone and an Android phone is the picture of the apple on the box? And a little advertising?

If that's the case, then I think we're certainly done arguing which is better. Your contention seems to be that they are exactly the same.

It's hard for me to contain my sarcasm, but I'm trying. It's quite clear from even a quick glance at the products that they are made from different components.

--- D

Naw man, they're all made at foxconn and they all use parts from companies like Intel, so they're all the same. :rolleyes:

OS 10.6 is really just rebranded Windows 7, too. You know, with an Apple?

wild claims with no backing evidence / reiterated crap that everyone else has already said, but with childish insulting spin / random insults that contribute nothing to the discussion / repeated attempt to call people nerds, despite the fact that I claim to have done extensive work in IT

I've just summarized pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

For about the Nth time now. It's getting close to sinking in. We can only hope..........maybe not.

You haven't got a clue. You really need to stay down.

The cell phone manufacturing industry is the same as every other manufacturing industry in the far east. I'll try to keep it simple for you (not sure how much farther I can dumb it down, though), and use Giant Bicycles in Taiwan as an example. They are the biggest bicycle manufacturer in the world. 75 % of the bicycles you see are manufactured in their factory, regardless of who's name is on the down tube. They make cheap $199 BSOs (bicycle shaped objects) you would see in a place like Canadian Tire that a company like CTC would pay them to brand Supercycle in the same factory as the carbon fiber framed, XTR equipped $2500+ bicycles you find in specialty bicycle stores. The difference is different assembly lines, higher tech frame materials, better trained (paid) workers to fabricate said materials, and better components. Start a bicycle company, fly over to Taiwan with your specs, and Giant will be more than happy to build what you want, slap your name on it, and charge you accordingly, be it a POS Wal Mart bike or a Jesper Skibby "signature" race model. ALL the manufactures work on the same business model. I'm sorry you're not swift enough to grasp this.

yet again, you fail to get my point (almost a miracle, seemingly)

read my posts again. repeatedly claiming that i don't grasp simple concepts, when it's pretty obvious that i do, doesn't make your claim accurate.

what i clearly showed was that apple doesn't pay extra to get the 'quality' build--any more than any other company. they paid so little, in fact, that the factory workers in shenzen started killing themselves. this led the company to increase salaries. so what did apple do? they shifted production to cheaper factories. how does this support your contention that they pay for the "better trained (paid) workers"???

and i repeat, no one stumping for the superiority of apple products has been able to demonstrate how exactly apple convinced foxconn to build the high-end halo products from other companies at a clearly substandard level so that apple could claim this vaunted 'build quality' superiority that supposedly exists (despite no actual evidence of it).

and again, how did those other companies who handed production of their halo products to foxconn accept second-best builds when apple so clearly was paying bottom-dollar price-point costing?

I've just summarized pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

pretty much.

i suspect that many apple users: don't know enough about tech to understand that apple doesn't build their own product, couldn't name the company that actually builds them, don't know who supplies the myriad of components that get assembled under the badge, or even the fact that almost everything in, and including, their iStuff is made and assembled in china.

i have added a lot of verifiable information about apple products and iphones to this thread. . .more than just the ad copy from the apple web site. . .a sense of perspective that some are lacking. . .

and i repeat, no one stumping for the superiority of apple products has been able to demonstrate how exactly apple convinced foxconn to build the high-end halo products from other companies at a clearly substandard level so that apple could claim this vaunted 'build quality' superiority that supposedly exists (despite no actual evidence of it).

No one said that. You interpreted that from something completely different that was said. Don't blame us because you're too busy coming up with your next witty reply to actually read and comprehend what people write.

and again, how did those other companies who handed production of their halo products to foxconn accept second-best builds when apple so clearly was paying bottom-dollar price-point costing?

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

i suspect that many apple users: don't know enough about tech to understand that apple doesn't build their own product, couldn't name the company that actually builds them, don't know who supplies the myriad of components that get assembled under the badge, or even the fact that almost everything in, and including, their iStuff is made and assembled in china.

Do you know where all the components in your toaster are made and assembled, and who supplies their parts? Most Apple users don't give a damn, buddy. To some people computers are just appliances.

And the people arguing with you here know very well where products are made and who builds them. Apple has many partners in the industry who build for them by their specs. This is some seriously novice stuff, you must be new.

all that matters
Designed-by-Apple-in-California.jpeg

Iphone is beyond retarded, i feel like smashing this piece of crap right now! Connect to new comp ( iMac32 no less), fireup itunes, re-authenticate, it confirms it knows who i am.... Fine. Browse around for new (cr)apps, all going fine, download few... Now: please let us remove everything from your phone, and then feel free to manually re- download everything you currently have on your phone !?! Are you sh##### me Steve J? This is utter nonsense. I can understand with music and such, but apps? Makes me sick how stupid this is and how some fanboys are out of touch...

"OS 10.6 is really just rebranded Windows 7, too. You know, with an Apple? "
No, but you do know that it IS BSD linux with a windows manager... Don't you?... run on the same x86 architecture as Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc etc uses... but with an apple.

"Most Apple users don't give a damn, buddy. To some people computers are just appliances."
You must be some sort of SUPER Apple user (it hasn't been Apple since the Lisa, get with the times) then. You and your Mac-buddy have been defending your "appliance" for 34 friggin' pages here.
You know wars have been started, countries have been invaded, with less paperwork.
The fact that you keep coming back tells me you're not totally convinced yourself. I don't think I have EVER done anything that needed 34 pages of justification... and been I've married with children.

Learn the architecture and the OS's. They're all good.
BUT
My computer can beat up your computer. Nya nya nya.

Last edited:
Microsoft worked on it, but the kernel is linux.
Microsoft has ALWAYS had a large hand in Mac Os's.

Back
Top Bottom