Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 209 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Getting bored of my 5S recently. Anyone try out the DTEK50/60 phones? Thinking of trying one out.

need to read this thread again for phone suggestions.
Check out the Note 8.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Since most of this thread is 3 years old, that may not be the most efficient use of your time. If I was buying used phones for anything more than $100, I would try to get something made in the last two years or less. Phones are rapidly improving (and batteries are rapidly aging), without a huge incentive to purchase an older phone (eg. dirt cheap), I don't think it's worth it.

Check out the Note 8.

I need to replace and S4 and Note 3, we were holding out for Note 8 and the corresponding S8 price drop. Holy crap do they want a lot for both of those phones. Need to re-evaluate now.

I need to replace and S4 and Note 3, we were holding out for Note 8 and the corresponding S8 price drop. Holy crap do they want a lot for both of those phones. Need to re-evaluate now.
Maybe consider an LG V20 in the interim?
Or even a G6? I picked up a couple of brand new, unlocked G6 phones for $500 each, with cases and some accessories.

Maybe consider an LG V20 in the interim?
Or even a G6? I picked up a couple of brand new, unlocked G6 phones for $500 each, with cases and some accessories.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into those.

Major carriers seem to have also continued with Oligopoly pricing and charge the same monthly rate whether you are getting a subsidized phone or bring your own. How can they even argue that is fair market pricing with a straight face?

For various reasons, I think that I need to go with Bell for these phones. If it turns out that a different solution can be much cheaper and still work, the choice of network will be re-evaluated as well. The GTA only phone companies won't work for me (their pricing is much much better, but if you leave the GTA prepare to bend over).

I'll stick with my SE for the time being.

I'd have to buy pants with bigger pockets for most of these newer phones.

This guy proves Apple scammed the world with their "courageous" headphone jack removal by adding a working integrated jack into an iPhone 7 in his home workshop.

https://youtu.be/utfbE3_uAMA
Saw this the other night. Very cool video. His positivity is contagious.
Really cool how he got the flex boards made and figured out. Not many YouTube vids can keep your attention for 30 mins, but this does.

This guy proves Apple scammed the world with their "courageous" headphone jack removal by adding a working integrated jack into an iPhone 7 in his home workshop.

https://youtu.be/utfbE3_uAMA

Apple is just like any other consumer product maker who are all just trying to sell you something. Apple has a better marketing angle.
Yes agreed the whole "courage" spin was rather lame. But they are not the only company to drop support for the headphone jack.

Let's face it the marketing was to support future products etc. But in reality it was so you could purchase the wireless headphones from them.

I'm on a Nexus 5 running CM 13.1 (cyanogenMod, marshmallow) and i love it. If i could keep my phone running like it is right now, id do it.
Wifey has the 5x and she loves it, havent played much with it and she doesnt want me to mod it :p

Probably in a year i'll want to upgrade though, and buy outright cause the plan i have with telus is discontinued and stellar.

if you like unlocked androids and messing with different OS
have a look at one plus....fantastic hardware and community mod support

Apple is just like any other consumer product maker who are all just trying to sell you something. Apple has a better marketing angle.
Yes agreed the whole "courage" spin was rather lame. But they are not the only company to drop support for the headphone jack.

Let's face it the marketing was to support future products etc. But in reality it was so you could purchase the wireless headphones from them.
No, Apple go out of their way to create unnecessary proprietary systems to squeeze more money out of people. Those other companies didn't have a proprietary connector when they dropped the earphone jack.

No, Apple go out of their way to create unnecessary proprietary systems to squeeze more money out of people. Those other companies didn't have a proprietary connector when they dropped the earphone jack.

What are you talking about, they dropped the headphone jack. Now they are using wireless bluetooth. Bluetooth is an open standard. You don't have to use Apple headphones, of course they would like you too.

Are these other companies using some other wireless standard when they also dropped the headphone jack???

What are you talking about, they dropped the headphone jack. Now they are using wireless bluetooth. Bluetooth is an open standard. You don't have to use Apple headphones, of course they would like you too.

Are these other companies using some other wireless standard when they also dropped the headphone jack???
Not everyone uses wireless. I don't because the nuisance of keeping them charged isn't worth it. Most people use 3.5mm. Even Apple uses it on all their other products. If it's obsolete, why do they continue to include it with all their other devices? Oh right, they "didn't have space" on the iPhone so they "courageously" removed it. Except they did have space and courageously shafted consumers.

bluetooth also drastically reduces the quality of audio
I have an android phone with Yamaha DAC on the chip

have some FLAC tracks on it, use it as a player to my audio system via headhone jack
bluetooth kills the signal, sounds like an AM radio in comparison

Except they did have space and courageously shafted consumers.

And even with the removal of one of the hardest to seal openings, they still managed to make it vulnerable to water.

I like owning apple stock, but I haven't bought an apple product in years as I think they have been charging more for less for quite a while.

Other companies have courageously changed the screen size, so that third party accessories don't fit for a while, or longer if the phone's unpopular.

Look, just buy which phone you like. There are lots to choose from.

Getting bored of my 5S recently. Anyone try out the DTEK50/60 phones? Thinking of trying one out.

What you will like about any of the new BB's is that they are pretty much stock Android with extra BB security and software touches. Its 100% android and 100% blackberry, a great combo if you were a fan of the older blackberry devices as there is a "familiar" feel to it.

The Dtek 50 is a horrible choice with poor battery life. The Dtek 60 is a better if you want to stick to the Dtek series.

If you don't mind a physical keyboard, The recently released KeyONE is the rockstar right now and gaining in popularity, check out the forth coming Black Edition with slightly beefier spec..... and they confirmed its in line for the Android Oreo update.

If you can wait, BB mobile will be releasing a proper all touch screen phone very soon with the current features everybody wants like waterproofing, and mega battery life. https://crackberry.com/blackberry-m...ze-blackberry-experiences#c55SALzpdIwcjuRv.97

Last but not least, if you can, get an unlocked directly from BlackBerry, not the carriers. these get the monthly security Android updates (just like the Nexus and Pixel) as soon as they are released, where as with the carriers you have to wait till they release it.

Last edited:
Not everyone uses wireless. I don't because the nuisance of keeping them charged isn't worth it. Most people use 3.5mm. Even Apple uses it on all their other products. If it's obsolete, why do they continue to include it with all their other devices? Oh right, they "didn't have space" on the iPhone so they "courageously" removed it. Except they did have space and courageously shafted consumers.

You've kinda missed the context of my response, but it seems like you are only here to bash an Apple product.

Anyhow well buy one of their other products with the jack you need then.
I use neither wired or wireless headphones. Ok wireless only when in the car.

You've kinda missed the context of my response, but it seems like you are only here to bash an Apple product.

Anyhow well buy one of their other products with the jack you need then.
I use neither wired or wireless headphones. Ok wireless only when in the car.
It's not often we get such unequivocal proof that a company is deliberately screwing people over. That's the context here.

They say the technology is outdated -> Nope, they keep using it on other product lines.
They say there's no room for a jack -> Nope, a home built phone mod fits it in existing space.

Why the lies?

And consider, why did Apple go to Lightening port two years before USB-C standard was released? Of course they knew it was coming and they could have fit the 30-pin connector into the 5 and 5s if they wanted. The only reason to change ports immediately before USB-C was to prop up royalty revenues well into the future. Dropping the iPhone 3.5mm jack just fed into that strategy. They are brilliant scammers, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom