Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 207 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Oh also, the screen is the same as last year, and the Snapdragon 801 is marginally faster than the 800, and most definitely does NOT have 8 cores :lol:

Samsung really has you in the fanboy club eh? haha

You're also wrong about the ram ;)

Incremental junk. Disappointed in Samsung, I thought they were coming out with something big.

Love the fingerprint features & heart rate

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Yeah... So about that fingerprint scanner...

"Less successful is Samsung’s take on the fingerprint-unlock system made popular by Apple with the iPhone 5S. Like the 5S, the S5’s home key features an integrated fingerprint scanner, which can be used to unlock the phone or authenticate purchases online (Samsung is partnering with PayPal to enable this feature, though it doesn’t validate purchases from the Google Play Store). Samsung’s version requires a vertical swipe over the home button to activate the scanner, and we found it to be quite unreliable and virtually impossible to activate when holding the phone in one hand. It can store up to three different digits, but it was very particular about the speed and orientation of the swiping motion used — if we weren’t doing a perfectly straight swipe down, it would refuse to unlock the phone."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/24/5441668/samsung-galaxy-s5-announcement-launch

Yeah... So about that fingerprint scanner...

"Less successful is Samsung’s take on the fingerprint-unlock system made popular by Apple with the iPhone 5S. Like the 5S, the S5’s home key features an integrated fingerprint scanner, which can be used to unlock the phone or authenticate purchases online (Samsung is partnering with PayPal to enable this feature, though it doesn’t validate purchases from the Google Play Store). Samsung’s version requires a vertical swipe over the home button to activate the scanner, and we found it to be quite unreliable and virtually impossible to activate when holding the phone in one hand. It can store up to three different digits, but it was very particular about the speed and orientation of the swiping motion used — if we weren’t doing a perfectly straight swipe down, it would refuse to unlock the phone."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/24/5441668/samsung-galaxy-s5-announcement-launch

But the apple one is flawless, right?

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-5s-fingerprint-issues-2013-11

^^^

Tough crowd.

What I like, whether you view it as incremental or not, but still nice, nice features that no other maker has all together in one impressive phone.

Ready?

-samsung dumped the bloat ware in favor of a much improved and slicker UI

-8 core processor (4 core at launch)

-gorgeous 5.1 inch display

-3 gigs ram (2 gigs at launch)

-the 16mp camera has endless features and rivals top line point and shoot cameras.

-waterproof and dustproof

-fingerprint sensor that does more than simply unlock the phone. You can buy stuff with it and it connects to PayPal. You can now purchase and pay using your fingerprint. Impressive

-heart rate monitor. The rear flash when held against your chest doubles as a heart rate monitor.

-galaxy wearable gear available that works well with the phone to make it more useful.

I could go on and on.

This will be THE android phone to beat.

Oh, and then there's apples little 4" phone still out there and still waiting for their wearable gear. :lol:

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

I have the s3 and love the device but i have to kinda agree that this is just an incremental. It will sell well thou and tend to agree that it will be the phone to beat. Dumping the bloat and scaling down touch wiz are the biggest improvements here. They could have done years ago to boost performance on their older devices.

The fingerprint scanner is meh and really a feature that people don't want or get frustrated with and turn of. Heart rate isn't a feature i would use but some might

As for the Gear...as cool as it looks and as much as i kinda want one its DOA until the niche for wearables has carved out. I don't expect this new gear to be any better than the last if they haven't improved battery life SIGNIFICANTLY and improved functionality beyond the default apps (I still feel that pebble has the correct at a glance model for watches rather than gears mass interaction)

I cant wait for kitkat for the s3 will be another nice performance increase to keep my old hardware fresh....oh and google glass i will be an early adopter

LG G2, the only Android phone that matters.

Defiantly a good performer. Bit of a poor quality speaker compared to its competitors but good camera, nice specks. The massive TV antenna on the Korean version is pretty funny.

But suffers from the same issue that the samsung does with a bloated LG software that just feels inconsistent. Personally i think i would wait for a Vanilla android nexus that should the an improved spec version of the phone.

Oh also, the screen is the same as last year, and the Snapdragon 801 is marginally faster than the 800, and most definitely does NOT have 8 cores :lol:

Samsung really has you in the fanboy club eh? haha

Those in the know can tell you that an Octo Core version is coming sooner than later. :lol:

But then again, why expect anything less from an LG fanboy? LG will always linger in Samsung's shadow.

http://bgr.com/2014/02/25/galaxy-s5-specs-processor/

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Please stop trolling. The S5 is 4 core and only around 200mhz increase clock speed which at 2+ GHz is negligible. S5 is a small incremental upgrade, period.

I

I cant wait for kitkat for the s3 will be another nice performance increase to keep my old hardware fresh....oh and google glass i will be an early adopter
Get cyanogen mod. Running kitkat now

I used to run custom Roms then I restored stock LG ROM to my G2.

Now I run xposed framework and mods to get the small features I want without going custom.

Best thing is to root, but leave the stock recovery and ROM. Run xposed framework and a custom launcher like Nova. No risk of bricking!!

I know i may at some point i'm just worried about bricking my phone i have never done that kinda of thing before

As mmmnaked poiinted out you can back up your stock rom. You can do that with clockwork mod.

I've never had any experience prior. But that voids your warranty

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Problem is that when you have a custom recovery and you go to your stock backup, the recovery prevents further factory updates. Best to stick with stock+root if you're worried about warranty or bricking.

Do you guys know if they made a phone with 2 batteries yet? That would be a huge upgrade. Oh, and I want them removable too, cause I might wanna walk with 2 more.

G2 has a 3000mah battery...it lasts me 2 full days of usage, it's ridiculously good. I'd never swap batteries that's ridiculous. Phones like the nexus 5 just don't have enough juice.

Do you guys know if they made a phone with 2 batteries yet? That would be a huge upgrade. Oh, and I want them removable too, cause I might wanna walk with 2 more.

zero lemon have some extended batteries that fit in the stock case. for 24 dollars you get a great quality battery and a fast wall charger.

The number of cores is inversely proportional to social skills. **** is up with this ****.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

Back
Top Bottom