Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 201 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Google makes money from people using Android OS. They will sell the phones at a loss if that means that as many people as possible are using their OS for their tracking/data/advertising dollars.

Played around with an Android a bit yesterday and noticed that when you go to install apps, you have to allow all of the security/privacy permissions or it won't install at all. I have no idea why I need a bar code scanner to know my location.

I feel Apple takes security and privacy issues MUCH more seriously, so they make their money off iTunes and the like rather than personal data like Google seems to. Kind of a big difference IMO.

I find it nice that android is up front about exactly which permissions individual apps are asking for. Id rather it be up front than blindly assume that someone at Apple vetted all the apps thoroughly. Plus most of those permissions are allowed to iOS apps as well, you're just not told up front

I find it nice that android is up front about exactly which permissions individual apps are asking for. Id rather it be up front than blindly assume that someone at Apple vetted all the apps thoroughly. Plus most of those permissions are allowed to iOS apps as well, you're just not told up front

iOS apps will ask if they can use your location info, not sure what other permissions you're alluding to

Played around with an Android a bit yesterday and noticed that when you go to install apps, you have to allow all of the security/privacy permissions or it won't install at all. I have no idea why I need a bar code scanner to know my location.

I feel Apple takes security and privacy issues MUCH more seriously, so they make their money off iTunes and the like rather than personal data like Google seems to. Kind of a big difference IMO.

It just states that in could, not it will, that's just a standard notice for android. Apple allows the same things,it just doesn't tell you.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk HD

It just states that in could, not it will, that's just a standard notice for android. Apple allows the same things,it just doesn't tell you.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk HD
Sure it does. If an app tries to access my photos, I get a dialogue box asking if I grant permission. Same for contacts, location, connecting to a new computer, whatever. And I can go and change those permissions individually later if I want in settings.

iOS apps will ask if they can use your location info, not sure what other permissions you're alluding to

Any of the other million permissions it might need?

Phone calls, contacts, system memory, camera, mic, network settings..... You name it. Android tells you exactly what the app will have access to

Android is the first mobile OS that has adware. And it's FULL of it.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS

Phone calls, contacts, system memory, camera, mic, network settings..... You name it. Android tells you exactly what the app will have access to

It tells me, but doesn't allow me to say no, apple has their own issues, but i am allowed to limit the access apps have. With the nexus, i either have to let the barcode scanner have access to location services or I can't install the software (and almost everything I have installed on my nexus wants to locate me). That is the main thing concerning me about getting android for my next phone.

iOS apps do ask for permission to access contacts/camera/mic. Not sure why system memory or network settings matter.

It tells me, but doesn't allow me to say no, apple has their own issues, but i am allowed to limit the access apps have. With the nexus, i either have to let the barcode scanner have access to location services or I can't install the software (and almost everything I have installed on my nexus wants to locate me). That is the main thing concerning me about getting android for my next phone.

You can turn OFF the global setting for positioning (not GPS on/off)
There is a free app adblocker that you can get for Android so goodbye ads.
You see the ads in the free apps but there is a way to block them out.

I highly suggest you get a Samsung phone although the HTC 1 (new htc phones are nice too).

If you get into it you can unlock your phone to just about any carrier with software for freeee.
You can also flash modem files (click a button to run the zip file) and you can give yourself better reception and battery life depending on where you are located or going to. In less than 1 minute, you can flash your phone to work on Telus then Bell then Rogers and all of their smaller brands such as Koodo Fido Virgin Chatr...

So when you want to sell your phone, you can put it on Ebay as well to sell it to just about anyone in the world as well as local of course.

It depends on the amount of control you want to have of your devices.
The main reasons I picked Android is the ability to add an external sdcard and to change the battery.
The other things I learned are a bonus.

Oh and you don't need Itunes to move music to and from your phone. In fact your Android acts like a USB stick when you plug it into any computer.

I picked up the LG G2 last night, what an awesome phone, and when kit katt comes out it will be even better.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Checked out a buddys Nexus 5 last night. Impressive phone, heavily based on the LG G2, already has Kit Kat, and only $350!! Slick unit.

Got a G2 myself also... you can find them new in box for the same price as a Nexus 5 32gb version costs from Google.. and you get a 1/4" bigger screen, WAY bigger battery, G-Ram, and higher MP cameras front/back. No brainer, better value than its N5 counterpart.

Comes down to what a customer values most, I know what I would choose :) :

Nexus 5 has higher ppi display, smaller-thinner-lighter, slightly faster processor, wireless charging, latest KitKat right out of the box and will always be the first with Android OS updates, Pure android experience, unprecedented bang for the buck.

LG has better cam, bigger battery and screen. But IMHO, more strikes against it. Ghey buttons on the back, bloatware from LG, bigger, fatter, heavier, way higher pricetag.

Anybody know when Kk is coming out?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Nexus 5 has higher ppi display, smaller-thinner-lighter, slightly faster processor, wireless charging, latest KitKat right out of the box and will always be the first with Android OS updates, Pure android experience, unprecedented bang for the buck.

LG has better cam, bigger battery and screen. But IMHO, more strikes against it. Ghey buttons on the back, bloatware from LG, bigger, fatter, heavier, way higher pricetag.

Actually, they have the exact same processor. The buttons on the back is a great idea, I was always turning down the volume by accident on my S2 when trying to turn it off. The camera and battery are way better on the G2. Kit Kat will be out soon for it. I would rather the Nexus 5 be first with the new OS so by time my phone gets it, all the bugs are ironed out. Bloatware is easy to fix by rooting the phone. And for what I can find out, the Nexus 5 32gb is 500, so it's 100 less then the G2. For me other then texting and talking, I use the camera most on my phone, so the far superior camera is why I chose the G2, although I can remove the micro sim card from my phone, put it in my galaxy camera and use it for with data.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

I mostly favour Nexus devices because you can flash them with other stuff.. Some options:
1) Android-based ROM's like Cyanogenmod (my workhorse)
2) Ubuntu (finally a good use for their Unity interface) - still pre-alpha but it came out on Nexus 4 pretty quick, so I assume Nexus 5 won't be far behind with more polished versions
3) Sailfish and Tizen <-- interesting prospects, can't wait to give them a test-drive

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Hey guys...I need LIKES for my Page on Facebook and/or follow on Twitter.[/FONT]

https://www.facebook.com/impairedworld ..... @impairedworld on Twitter.

Please Like, Follow and Share...Thanks

Not sure what the thing about the processor is, I'm fairly sure they're identical? The G2 has the added benefit of having dedicated graphics memory (G-RAM). The difference in PPI is negligible since the screen increase is only about 5%; still, 1/4" is noticeable on a phone. The additional real estate is visible, whereas the slight reduction in PPI is not.

The bloatware is garbage.. I didn't mind some of the LG skin, but most is junk. Im running Paranoid Android which is readily available for all versions of G2, as is CyanogenMod and many other roms. Basically, if you're modding your phone, the G2 handily wins. You wind up with the exact same interface, but waaay better battery life and a bigger screen.

Oh yeah and buttons on the back.. don't knock it till you've used it. They're fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom