Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 162 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

That's cute, you do realize that this same law applies to rooting your Android phone?

Android does not require Itunes like app to mange the phone.
Android OS is very different from Apple. We can install an entire new ROM/OS (which is prerooted).
There are different flavors of Android i.e AOKP which is based on the raw Android OS.
Apple is just unlocking the actual OS.

Unlike Apple, there is no way to check and block an Android phone.
Itunes will read your Apple phone and lock it back down or REPORT you.

This is just like when the iron fist came down on Napster. It just made MORE people aware of mp3's and how to get free music.

Apple, there is no way to check and block an Android phone.

This is just like when the iron fist came down on Napster. It just made MORE people aware of mp3's and how to get free music.

Dude, when have you ever heard of iTunes reporting jailbroken/unlocked phones?

PS, I'm familiar with custom Android ROMs, they're definitely not for the average user.

Android does not require Itunes like app to mange the phone.
Android OS is very different from Apple. We can install an entire new ROM/OS (which is prerooted).
There are different flavors of Android i.e AOKP which is based on the raw Android OS.
Apple is just unlocking the actual OS.

Unlike Apple, there is no way to check and block an Android phone.

I remember one android phone that if rooted on reboot would revert back to the original config...

and it's not just jail breaking that is limited, it's unlocking the phone from the carrier so you can put it on a different carrier (ie switch from verizon to att)

I remember one android phone that if rooted on reboot would revert back to the original config...

and it's not just jail breaking that is limited, it's unlocking the phone from the carrier so you can put it on a different carrier (ie switch from verizon to att)

What brand phone was that?

Dude, when have you ever heard of iTunes reporting jailbroken/unlocked phones?

PS, I'm familiar with custom Android ROMs, they're definitely not for the average user.

I said or.
Let me break it down for you.
Apple now has a LAW that makes it illegal to alter their product.
Iphone users registers their phone with Apple. Itunes also has your personal info including credit card info when you buy music and apps.
Now if they detect that you have violated the LAW then they have options. The easiest I see is making money off their users my charging their credit card as violation. Apple gives the Government their cut via a tax. It becomes a revenue stream for Apple. The legal framework has been laid.

I said or.
Iphone users registers their phone with Apple. Itunes also has your personal info including credit card info when you buy music and apps.
Now if they detect that you have violated the LAW then they have options. The easiest I see is making money off their users my charging their credit card as violation. Apple gives the Government their cut via a tax. It becomes a revenue stream for Apple. The legal framework has been laid.

like i said earlier it's not just limited to jail breaking. the law covers unlocking the phone from one carrier to use it with another carrier, regardless of the brand of phone, whether it be android, blackberry, iOS or some custom stuff.

I said or.

Wow dude, put the tinfoil hat away

Don't you think the Courts have more important cases than to worry about Jailbreaking yet they took to time to craft legislation for what seemingly for a small minority currently.

Enjoy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_v._Tenenbaum

Wow, just wow.

First of all, it's still legal to jailbreak/root your phone, just not your tablet. Second, it is illegal to unlock your phone (iPhone or Android) without the explicit permission of your carrier. This stuff really isn't anything new, well except for the unlocking which was legal since '06. The DMCA applies equally to Apple and Android products.

Some good reading

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...l-under-dmca-for-smartphones-but-not-tablets/

Nexus 4 looks pretty cool, especially for $299, too bad it doesn't have LTE

Nexus 4 looks pretty cool, especially for $299, too bad it doesn't have LTE

Nexus 4, cdn pricing, $309 8g, or $359 16g VS the iPhone $699

Is LTE really worth an extra almost $350-400 to get an iPhone with far less features?

:laughing3:

edit : BTW, Nexus 4.... 1.5ghz quad core, 2g ram, wireless charging, NFC, bigger screen, bigger battery and more over the iPone. Fully unlocked so I can buy it outright without contract and use it on ANY carrier. KILLER PRICE.

Last edited:
Insecure much?

Gotta love how how everyone still compares themselves with iPhone. No one compares themselves with second place (galaxy :p)

I discovered a way to avoid using itunes to manage my music, which was my only nuisance. Samba or openssh + wifi = bye bye iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom