Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 84 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Re: my homescreen

if i used folders, i would rather it look like this...

AfwipLUCMAAngxX.jpg

but i don't.

i got an android today!!!!

AfxpS1ECIAE_ZgN.jpg:large

you should have spent more and got a decent android phone. . .

if you can afford an iphone4/s, you should have gotten something better than that, lol. . .

i am gonna say this, yesterday was the first time i went on youtube and actually looked at an android operate(besides touching in-store).
still not pretty(except, cyanogenmod 7 is ok), but ICS might get my attention, but it definitely have to be CM7+.
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about
i need another project, its about time.

galaxynexusreviewpost06.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/24/galaxy-nexus-hspa-review/

I like the data usage(shown in the software review video, 5:15), you get to warn and cap it to whatever you choose.....for me i have 6GB, but my wife have 500mb.
And i like how the back/home/recent buttons is integrated in the software, to show up onscreen, and not on the phone itself(i never digged that).

so if i get that phone, will you stop calling me names?

is it cool to have both phones on me, at the same time?

what kind of fandude will i be, by having both?

but i only wanna have 1 simcard, but have both.

is yours stock, or do you have cyanogenmod 7?

Last edited:

from the link^

"Build quality is typical Samsung -- the plastic construction is durable but looks and feels cheap for such a flagship device."

Yep, sounds about right. And a 4.65" screen in my pocket? Yeah, does it come with a carrying case? :lol:

And the galaxy nexus DOES NOT have gorilla glass.

wow, android flagship device is a plastic toy without the CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED AND HIGHLY NECESSARY gorilla glass?

could someone explain this to me?

Galaxy Nexus - Our unlocked HSPA+ review unit boasts 16GB of built-in storage (the LTE version comes with 32GB). Unfortunately -- and unlike Gingerbread -- Ice Cream Sandwich only supports USB Mass Storage on removable media, leaving MTP and PTP as the only options to transfer content to / from the phone via USB.

can i slip a bigger removable chip in, and where, like 64GB?

i am gonna say this, yesterday was the first time i went on youtube and actually looked at an android operate(besides touching in-store).
still not pretty(except, cyanogenmod 7 is ok), but ICS might get my attention, but it definitely have to be CM7+.
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about
i need another project, its about time.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/24/galaxy-nexus-hspa-review/

I like the data usage(shown in the software review video, 5:15), you get to warn and cap it to whatever you choose.....for me i have 6GB, but my wife have 500mb.
And i like how the back/home/recent buttons is integrated in the software, to show up onscreen, and not on the phone itself(i never digged that).

so if i get that phone, will you stop calling me names?

is it cool to have both phones on me, at the same time?

what kind of fandude will i be, by having both?

but i only wanna have 1 simcard, but have both.

is yours stock, or do you have cyanogenmod 7?

first off, the only name calling i have done is to out some as apple fanbois. if you feel you fit that moniker, and the shoe fits, then wear it.

as for advice on the techie stuff, contrary to silly stereotypes, i am not a tech nerd, never plan on doing any of the nerdy things to my phone, no mods, nothing. i will run the o/s, update it when ics comes out, but other than that, i am enjoying the ease and useability of android, as it shipped. so no, i can't help you with anything tech nerdy. sorry. then again, at some later date, i may be convinced to do whatever mods are most popular, if it does increase my enjoyment of my phone. let me know what you find out on your 'droid phone, k?

as for the prime not shipping with gorilla glass, that may be fine, as there are better options out there, and as long as they don't go the apple iphone route, they'll be fine. if they go the same profit increasing path (read: cheaper) as apple, then that is, imho, a mistake. not really a biggie for me, because my phone has the better glass.

the iPhone4(s) is a showcase of sublime industrial design.

:lmao: Um, yeah. If a boxed deck of cards, which the iPhone resembles is the pinnacle of "sublime industrial design", then keep on drinking the Apple juice.

LOL. thanks for the laugh.

just a video i watched yesterday too, CM7.

i see you can have app pages like iOS, and other stuff too.

[video=youtube_share;nGgDDh_ZDcI]http://youtu.be/nGgDDh_ZDcI[/video]

:lmao: Um, yeah. If a boxed deck of cards, which the iPhone resembles is the pinnacle of "sublime industrial design", then keep on drinking the Apple juice.

LOL. thanks for the laugh.

Mmmm.... I love apple juice. I find orange juice to be too sour for my taste.

Anyway, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. A box is a beautiful thing. I don't get the deck of cards though. Most decks of cards are white with a lot of graphic crap, whereas the iPhone is very plain and simple, also most iPhones are black.

if having your phone run like ios is your goal, then have an iphone. pointless to buy an android. i actually quite like the gui that gingerbread has:
1323040210453.jpg1323040214957.jpg1323040219156.jpg

it has fantastic functionality, very smooth, very intuitive.

it can be as clean or as complex as i want it to be. there are apps that allow me to completely customize it. . .

fyi, these are just three thumbnailed screen caps, so don't go all gushy about lo res

i didn't even include the last page, which has two half screen widgets that continuously stream video and news. . .

Last edited:
ICS have wi-fi direct.

do any of you have it yet, on your devices without ICS?

Cant wait for this to become mainstream.

notificationbar1full.jpg

WiFi Direct

WiFi Direct is a relatively new concept for phones, one that hasn't been highly utilized. Essentially, the tech enables devices to connect directly to one another without needing a router or internet connection to act as a middleman. In other words, it gives your Android phone another method of sharing pictures, files or just about anything else with your desktop computer -- but it can also connect a group of gamers, stream media content from your ICS phone to an audio player, print files and so on.

Last edited:
ICS have wi-fi direct.

notificationbar1full.jpg

WiFi Direct

WiFi Direct is a relatively new concept for phones, one that hasn't been highly utilized. Essentially, the tech enables devices to connect directly to one another without needing a router or internet connection to act as a middleman. In other words, it gives your Android phone another method of sharing pictures, files or just about anything else with your desktop computer -- but it can also connect a group of gamers, stream media content from your ICS phone to an audio player, print files and so on.

sounds like adhoc networking...

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Wi-Fi Direct™: Personal, portable Wi-Fi® that goes with you anywhere, any time

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Wi-Fi Direct™ is a certification mark for devices supporting a game-changing new technology enabling Wi-Fi devices to connect directly, making it simple and convenient to do things like print, share, synch and display. Products bearing the Wi-Fi Direct certification mark can connect to one another without joining a traditional home, office or hotspot network.
Mobile phones, cameras, printers, PCs, and gaming devices can now connect to each other directly to transfer content and share applications quickly and easily. Devices can make a one-to-one connection, or a group of several devices can connect simultaneously. Connecting Wi-Fi Direct-certified devices is easy and simple, in many cases only requiring the push of a button. Moreover, all Wi-Fi Direct connections are protected by WPA2™, the latest Wi-Fi security technology. With Wi-Fi Direct, you do not need an access point or internet connection – your personal Wi-Fi network goes with you wherever you go.
Find products certified for Wi-Fi Direct!
See it in action!

When would I use Wi-Fi Direct?

You will use Wi-Fi Direct-certified devices for all kinds of applications - to share your content, synch your data, socialize, play games, play audio and video, and more - all the things you do with your Wi-Fi devices today, only easier and without worrying about finding an internet connection. Wi-Fi Direct-certified devices can form connections with nearly all the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices you and your friends already have. You only need one Wi-Fi Direct device to form a group. Now, Wi-Fi isn't just about accessing the internet - but about connecting all the Wi-Fi devices you and your friends have - anytime, anywhere - to enable your connected life.
In a recent study, consumers around the world told us they would most want to use Wi-Fi Direct for instant messaging, sharing pictures with friends and family, displaying those pictures from a portable device to a monitor or TV screen, video chatting, and playing video games with others while not at home, such as when using public transit.[SUP]1[/SUP]
How does Wi-Fi Direct work?

Wi-Fi Direct device connections can happen anywhere, anytime - even when you don't have access to a Wi-Fi network. Your Wi-Fi Direct device will signal to other devices in the area that it can make a connection. You can view available devices and ask them to connect, or you might receive an invitation to connect to another Wi-Fi Direct device. When two or more Wi-Fi Direct-certified devices connect directly, they have formed a Wi-Fi Direct Group, using Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ and the latest Wi-Fi security. Now you can get started doing all the exciting things that Wi-Fi Direct enables!

ICS have wi-fi direct.

WiFi Direct

to be honest, i've had the phone for two weeks, and have not even begun to explore all of the features it is capable of.

i actually don't know if it can do wifi direct, but based on your description, i probably wouldn't have use for it. maybe, just maybe if it could link seamlessly with my youngest's android, my oldest's bb, and my wife's iphone, then maybe i could see some file sharing, but as for network gaming, lol. . .not my bag, way too old for that stuff.

as it stands, i like forming a hotspot for my daughter to leech off my data plan, but that's about it. seriously, i try using my wife's iphone to do the same thing, but my daughter's droid cannot link with it, while it finds and connects to my phone quickly. perhaps there's some incompatibility there.

sounds like adhoc networking...
That's what it sounds like to me too

Actually I have to say that CM7 has been the worst mod I've tried so far as far GUI and user experience.
The best one has been LiteningMod, but I am being biased because it looks most like stock SGS2 firmware which is the only thing I've used before starting modding.

As far as user experience, it takes some getting used to. After being loyal to an iPhone for the last 3 years I finally took the plunge and got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2 to give android a try. I've always tried to remain unbiased towards android, but I figured it's mature enough to give it a try. And SGS2 is a gorgeous phone.

I've only had it for 3 days so far, but I have to say I am loving how customizable it is. At first it was a bit scary to dive in head first and start flashing the firmware, kernel and baseband left right and center. I managed to try 7 different ROMs in just a day and settled on the one closest to Samsung stock as being the best. I just don't like the way unlocking is with this ROM, but the rest is just awesome. Right now the focus is on Apps and slowly transitioning. I have to say the change is actually very substantial, but I am committed to kick my iPhone soon. For now it's still my main phone though.

Back
Top Bottom